Who else mAde the grAve mistAke of buying...?

JohnnyRebelV2

I thought the Ultimate Rhino figure was really cool, and the first Hobgoblin figure worked really well as Demogoblin for Spider-Man Origins.

i though the demo goblin was made from the sinester six green goblin

no the sinister six gg was made from the first SMC HG. then that was made into the demogoblin.

yeah....1st appearence spidey did suck. i hated that they used him for stan lee as well. i agree that alot of the SMC figs were ok at best, but ya gotta buy them to complete your collection. shocker was great except for his arms, and the knob on his back. electro was cool except for the arms, hydro man's arms were awful! and the beetle shouldve been classic. everyone else was cool(except rhino and lizard)

Yeah, I'd really like a classic style Beetle, but I ain't holding my breath. I thought they blew it pretty bad with the single release Electro too. At least one of his arms should have had elbow articulation. The Shocker wasn't as bad for some reason. And I don't know what they were thinking with Hydroman.

The Fearsome Foes box set gave us some of the best villain figs ever. The Rhino, Vulture and Lizard were great, and the Carnage upgrade wasn't bad either. The best single release Spidey Classics figure was probably classic Hobgoblin or Venom.

I's love to find out how much more expensive/cheaper it is to make action features instead of articulation.

As for 1st Appearance Spider-Man, he did look like that back in Amazing Fantasy 15. My only complaint (besides the fact that Toybiz effed up the webbing) is his arms are a tad skinny. Morbius looks crappy, but so does every other vampire. Hydro Man was an epic failure of everything, so he needs a classic look too.

My two biggest complaints about the First App. Spidey figure are that his hands are too small and fingers look like little sausages and his joints are too tight, making it very hard to pose him. The Stan Lee / Peter Parker figure has the same problem.

As for his so called armpit webbing, I just cut that crap right off and chucked it immediately.

The boxset Rhino and Lizard are by far the best. I don't have alot of SMC figures, but I have that box set as well as a few others and they all look great. The SMC Lizard does look horrible, same goes for that Hydroman. I do love my shocker, but you guys are right, the lack of elbow movement is a big problem. Same goes for the thing sticking out of his back. When I was a kid, I didn't care about action features like a chopping arm or kicking leg, I was wanted regular figures without those stupid little features. I really need a Venom, but I want a McFarlane style one, so I will probably wait till I see one... someday

I thought the Ultimate Rhino figure was really cool, and the first Hobgoblin figure worked really well as Demogoblin for Spider-Man Origins.

i though the demo goblin was made from the sinester six green goblin

no the sinister six gg was made from the first SMC HG. then that was made into the demogoblin.

so....the sinister six GG was made into the hemogoblin? i thought thats what i said? :wink: