Marvel Legends Dead???

Cylix3341

I know there has been speculation running rampant, but after spending sometime deducing the facts I am pretty sure the Legends line is at least being retired for 2009. First of all no announcements on anything past the second line of two packs and the Holocaust series???? and the death blow in my opinion was what I found in the clearance isle for 6.00 per at my local walmart..........last night I picked up kang, torch, ben reilly spiderman, and ult war machine on clearance!!!! Now, most of you are still waiting for this series to show up.....and why am I finding them on clearance??? Bottom line.....3 3/4 are taking over for near future......but with the sucess of the DC universe 6 inch line....lets hope they are just taking some time off to improve the sculpts and give us better legends in the future

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there has been speculation running rampant, but after spending sometime deducing the facts I am pretty sure the Legends line is at least being retired for 2009. First of all no announcements on anything past the second line of two packs and the Holocaust series???? and the death blow in my opinion was what I found in the clearance isle for 6.00 per at my local walmart..........last night I picked up kang, torch, ben reilly spiderman, and ult war machine on clearance!!!! Now, most of you are still waiting for this series to show up.....and why am I finding them on clearance??? Bottom line.....3 3/4 are taking over for near future......but with the sucess of the DC universe 6 inch line....lets hope they are just taking some time off to improve the sculpts and give us better legends in the future

That's pretty unbelievable. My local walmart just got another case last week (that makes about 6-8 cases altogether in 3 shipments - all but one in the last few weeks) and they have all sold out.

I'll believe ML is dead when Hasbro straight out says no new product, other wise i'm thinking they just havn't gotten around to announcing anything new yet(and considering the Rulk wave and Ares waves sell pretty good and Foom wave wasn't a half bad seller, and i'm sure the two packs besides Thing/Reed sell) i'm thinking ML will be around for sometime, maybe not the way we're used to but i'm sure Hasbro will keep some products for it out.

And yeah, a lot of times Joe stuff ain't announced except when someone finds numbers in a stores computer.

I don't think that Hasbro is going to announce the end of 6" Legends until they see how well the 3 3/4" stuff sells. They can probably make a higher profit margin on that scale, so if it proves to be a good enough seller for them, they really won't have much reason to keep the 6" line alive.

However if the MU figures tank, we may see more of the Legends we know and love in the future.

SO LET'S ALL BOYCOTT THE 3 3/4" MARVEL UNIVERSE FIGURES TO SAVE MARVEL LEGENDS!!!

I'm totally kidding. BTW

I think you may just be really lucky. I was just at one of my Walmarts today and they had a bunch of Ares wave figures, at a price of $11.88 each. Which is more than I paid for them a month ago. I'll wait to see, but I think ML 6" will be with us next year in one form or another. I will not start over collecting at a smaller scale anyways.

Ares being on clearance is a mistake at the local Wal Mart. I checked a couple more today and found a couple War Machines left and they all ring up at 10.44. I asked the one of the managers to look up the UPC and she stated they are not clearanced. Mistake!!!

Same here. I checked two walmarts tonight and they were all 10.44. Lucky.

Good Lord.

Everybody is so quick to think ML is just "dead" simply because there's been no news. We didn't get any news on Nemesis for almost a year after they were supposed to be released, and when all hope seemed lost Hasbro came out and kicked our ass with 2-packs, Rulk, and Ares. And just a few weeks ago there was a thread about Ares' wave being "cancelled", only to have it come out in full force the next week.

Like, give it a rest!

Good News, ML's aren't dead, just in limbo until we get any new info!

Hasbro will milk us with the Nemesis wave until early quarter 2009. After that are supposed to get new 2-packs, and the intro to the 4"-inch universe with smatterings of Iron-Man re-paints all around, and after that is anyone's guess.

We do know that they have some exclusives that maybe made available: Magneto, Storm, Aurora, Northstar, & Silver Samurai. I myself have finally found Kang from the Ares Series. Just looking for Crossbones, Guardian, & the Vision now.

Our job is to continually hit Hasbro with Wish Lists, Fan Polls, and requests as they have at least a 5-year contract with Marvel, and they are not into losing money. The Six inch market will stand as long as the demand for it stays, and that may mean either directly from Hasbro Toyshop Exclusives, or costlier in-store products. Just my humble opinion.

well if it is a mistake, do him a favor and stop calling your walmarts so everyone else can get it for that price, or else they'll fix it and the blessing comes to an end. my k-mart put their first waves of superhero squad to 2.99 on clearence, and nobodys said anything yet, so ive been getting all my shs for that price since and now they're like on wave 12 or something. thank you idiot computer upc inputers, or whatever you guys are called. you guys are doing a great job.

you guys are crazy, someone comes along voices an opinion with no facts nad gets you all in an upraw. he knows nothing of what he talks about. im in ct and the walmarts still sell them at reg price and still are getting more.

EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN AND JUST RELAX IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER!

Good Lord.

Everybody is so quick to think ML is just "dead" simply because there's been no news. We didn't get any news on Nemesis for almost a year after they were supposed to be released, and when all hope seemed lost Hasbro came out and kicked our ass with 2-packs, Rulk, and Ares. And just a few weeks ago there was a thread about Ares' wave being "cancelled", only to have it come out in full force the next week.

Like, give it a rest!

I SECOND THAT

If you look at other toylines (GIJoe, Star Wars, Transformers, DCUC, etc) there is usually a steady stream of "leaked pics" and lists of upcoming waves and eventually official images, either of 2-ups or actual painted prototypes etc.

Nothing like that for Legends. last mention we got of "new stuff" was in July at SDCC.

Oh, and Hasbro DID announce to all their retailers there was no Legends for 2009 (aside from Movie Wolverine figures) at their Retailer Seminar in June.