What's the best deal you ever made buying a figure?

Ninjak

What's the best deal you ever made on a hard to find or pricey figure?

Include pics if you can.

My best deal had to be this Superposeable/McFarlane Spider-Man (SMC 12). I picked this baby up on Ebay about a year ago for $5.00 Buy-It-Now, with $4.00 shipping. It was a loose figure but it is in Mint Condition. I couldn't believe someone was selling one so cheap. I couldn't push the buttons fast enough to scoop it up.

So, I suppose that's my best deal ever on a figure. What's yours?

3056498860_2070585678_o.jpg

Too many to include photos, but I found a store in owensboro kentucky called the coolectors mall (cheesy i know) that has almost every marvel legend ever made, including variants and chase figures. They do not have a toad, sadly, however they have them mip, loose, and repackaged. I got black cat, kraven, dark phoenix, apocolypse, juggernaut, white elektra and nick fury loose for 7 bucks a piece.

Too many to include photos, but I found a store in owensboro kentucky called the coolectors mall (cheesy i know) that has almost every marvel legend ever made, including variants and chase figures. They do not have a toad, sadly, however they have them mip, loose, and repackaged. I got black cat, kraven, dark phoenix, apocolypse, juggernaut, white elektra and nick fury loose for 7 bucks a piece.

Whoa! Very nice!

The closest thing I ever found like that was when my mother picked up a "bargain bag" of toys for my nephew at a Good Will store once, and there was a mint condition ML 2 Namor in the bag (no trident or base). What's funny is that was a figure that I needed and I was watching one on Ebay at the time. I ended up paying my 7 year old nephew six bucks for it. The kid was pretty shrewd though, because I offered him five, and he knew I must of wanted it so he upped the price.

Whoa! Very nice!

The closest thing I ever found like that was when my mother picked up a "bargain bag" of toys for my nephew at a Good Will store once, and there was a mint condition ML 2 Namor in the bag (no trident or base). What's funny is that was a figure that I needed and I was watching one on Ebay at the time. I ended up paying my 7 year old nephew six bucks for it. The kid was pretty shrewd though, because I offered him five, and he knew I must of wanted it so he upped the price.

Smart kid.

i remember when the rhino from spiderman the animated series 5inch figs was hot. you couldnt find him anywhere. i wanted him so bad that i met this scalper and he sold him to me for an outrageous price. about a week later i bound about four of them in a bin at a toyworks for like 2.99 each got a couple soldg them on ebay to make my money back.

Mine would have to be the time I paid about $4-$5 for the Gold First Appearance Iron Man chase figure from the Mojo Series. Toy Biz had just ended their incredible run with the Marvel Legends and all of the figures' prices were cut in half at my local KB Toys to make way for the Hasbro Marvel Legends. Oh, and then there was the time I picked up the Green Goblin, Loki, and Abomination chase figures for a total of about $25-$30 at KB Toys. And those 4 previously mentioned figures are just a small sample of the many good deals I've made when it comes to collecting Marvel Legends at stores. Don't even get me started on the figures I've bought at comicons. I still remember paying $25 for the Stealth Armor Iron Man from way back in Series 1 when he was only worth $25. I was a lil disappointed at first, but now I don't think I could've done a better job if I do say so myself...

1.)fearsome foes box set for 24.00 shipped(mint)

2.)sinister six electro and black cat 11.00 shipped

3.)McFarlane spidey for bullseye(loose)

and finally....my best trade ever.......

i got dcsh two face carded(30.00), cat woman carded(25.00), clayface carded(25.00), supegirl blue carded(20.00), cassie cain batgirl carded(30.00), and FFHML invisible woman(loose) for modern ironman, phasing ghost rider, and brown/yellow wolvey. i was extra, extra happy, not because of the value, but because i couldnt find them ANYWHERE!!! thanx alot DOOM!!!!

I found an ebay listing titled "Marvel action figure lot" for $15 buy-it-now, $8 s&h. It was SMC Snap-shot Spider-man complete, ML Colossus w/base, XMC Jim Lee Cyclops w/base, XMC Archangel, ML Movie Punisher complete, and a SMC I haven't placed yet.

They were all loose but in great condition, except Colossus - he looks fine but his chest pivot is way too loose. Not a big deal, I already had him and Archangel. It was great because I had been wanting a snap-shot spidey and the coat and guns from movie Punisher, but didn't want to pay what people have been asking for those two.

my best trade was loose hawkeye, vision, storm, black widow, Cable, wave 8 Ironman and MOC Super Skrull, Astonishing Wolverine variant, Bald Bishop variant Scarlett Witch, Iron Fist, Blue Angel, Ultimate Captain America, and a MOC Baron Strucker Captain America 2 pack for Silver Pimp Daddy Destro, Movie Masters joker, and a few random joes. i got these figures on the same i got my Fing Fang Foom, Savage Land set, the new 2 packs and some figures from another trade

some of my best deals involve clearance items:

Got many Marvel Legends/ Marvel Classics for about $5 @ Wal-Mart & KB on clearance sales: Mole Man, Doc Ock, Mr Fantastic, some XMC, etc (all from Hasbro)

Got most of the Mojo set when a local Wal-Mart listed the prices as a dollar cheaper than the standard of the time.

I love it when Wal-Mart has the wrong price ring up, so I then get my figure for $3.00 cheaper than advertised.

Got a LCBH Conan 2-pack for $7.00

Even got a MS Thanos at a LCS for 12 during a holiday sale

also, if you have kids, I sometimes sign them up for the birthday club. Once I got an extra discount card from TRU I used it for a Hydra Soldier. Only $7 and change after taxes.

Like GL Prime, I was able to complete the MODOK set at Wal-Mart 2 years ago with the Destroyer variant available. All for $7.84 each. Just wished that I pickd up the variant Spider Woman as well.

and Pakled Jim, that is an amazing deal for the Absorbing Man/ Spider-Man 2-pack. $10.00!!!!

Man, the online mark-up for those sets are starting at $50