Base choices  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Gladiator

• Crossbone / Hulkling
    • Hercules
    • Doc Samson
    • Son Of Hulk
    • Mr Sinister

Okay let's face it. Hasbro love redecos. they're cheap and quite frankly the do them really well.

Plus i was thinking of starting a new series of threads like this anyway.

Anyway, Gladiator is at least in alot people top twenty ( I won't say topp ten as he is only eleventh to me, i really need to nail down my least). anyway i was thinking what would make a great base for and the ones above seems to be the best Choices. maybe some Costumiser could show us what they think. (i can't do it myself cause im crap).

note if you think something else could work be my guest and say it. (Not DCU!!!!!!)

None of those options would look very good. A new sculpt would be best.

Seconded. All the options given have uniquely sculpted details that would make Gladiator next to impossible to accurately pull off.

what are you talking bout? there is nothing too different to the Gladiator.

say for example, if the were to use the Doc Samson sculpt, all they have to do is give him a cap, new head, hand and feet, some of those shin guards and a new diamond symbol. that it. there is no need for a new sculpt.

Seconded. All the options given have uniquely sculpted details that would make Gladiator next to impossible to accurately pull off.

say for example, if the were to use the Doc Samson sculpt, all they have to do is give him a cap, new head, hand and feet, some of those shin guards and a new diamond symbol. that it. there is no need for a new sculpt.

Doc Samson's upper torso has that square opening around the neck, Gladiator costume doesn't, so that piece isn't accurate. Samson's belt is part of the lower torso's sculpt and it isn't even close to Gladiator's either. Samson has the sculpted sleeves in the upper arms that wouldn't work for Gladiator either. And finally, Gladiator doesn't have bootcuffs. So the only two parts that are readily usable are the lower arms and upper legs.

They could use Samson, he just wouldn't be very accurate at all. They just need to produce a good large sized "blank" body in the vein of the Bullseye/Quicksilver sculpt that could be reused for several characters.

Lol, as a customizer I just went thru this dilema to figure out a body for Gladiator. I noticed that Mr. Sinister is WAY to big when you put him next to Colossus to be Gladiator. Also Doc Samson, is not a good choice for him, but is beginning to work as a good choice for Hyperion of the Squadron fame. If someone can tell me the easy way to post pics, I will put up a WIP of my Gladiator piece. For the Record, I am using the Superman body from DC Direct relaucnch line that came with Bats, Lobo, and WW. He is coming out money so don't knock it until you see him!

Doc Samson's upper torso has that square opening around the neck, Gladiator costume doesn't, so that piece isn't accurate. Samson's belt is part of the lower torso's sculpt and it isn't even close to Gladiator's either. Samson has the sculpted sleeves in the upper arms that wouldn't work for Gladiator either. And finally, Gladiator doesn't have bootcuffs. So the only two parts that are readily usable are the lower arms and upper legs.

They could use Samson, he just wouldn't be very accurate at all. They just need to produce a good large sized "blank" body in the vein of the Bullseye/Quicksilver sculpt that could be reused for several characters.

you do realise all those sculpted thing can be resculpted riight? i mean like there did with almost every Bullseye body base.