Packaged pics of the nemisis wave

clonekiller72

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I'm happy with all the figs (including the BAF) except beast. I never really liked that beast.

Tell it dude! I really wish they had never changed his appearance. He used to be one of my favorite B-listers. Now, he looks like something that escaped from a Disney flick.

B-lister? Beast is one the best marvel characters in existence. Sure, he is not the most powerful but that makes him all the more interesting. That's what I don't get. How is reading a comic book about an omnipotent being interesting,e.g. Superman? They can do anything. They are gods. Beast is more real. His intellect and strength make him a formidable foe. He ranks with Batman in my book. Intelligent, brooding, flawed, yet strong and ferocious when pressed. That is why characters like Beast and Batman and Wolverine are so appealing. They are mortal and fallible. Though, wolverine is teetering on the edge of becoming immortal. So you can take your favor and give it to Superman.

You know I'm happy with all the figs (including the BAF) except beast. I never really liked that beast.

Tell it dude! I really wish they had never changed his appearance. He used to be one of my favorite B-listers. Now, he looks like something that escaped from a Disney flick.

B-lister? Beast is one the best marvel characters in existence. Sure, he is not the most powerful but that makes him all the more interesting. That's what I don't get. How is reading a comic book about an omnipotent being interesting,e.g. Superman? They can do anything. They are gods. Beast is more real. His intellect and strength make him a formidable foe. He ranks with Batman in my book. Intelligent, brooding, flawed, yet strong and ferocious when pressed. That is why characters like Beast and Batman and Wolverine are so appealing. They are mortal and fallible. Though, wolverine is teetering on the edge of becoming immortal. So you can take your favor and give it to Superman.

give me a break! beast is second rate all the way. he ranks with batman? even a non DC collector can tell you thats B.S. just because you like a character, doesnt mean theyre not second string. i like blade, but i know that he's second string. LOVE the punisher!, but he's second string.

give me a break! beast is second rate all the way. he ranks with batman? even a non DC collector can tell you thats B.S. just because you like a character, doesnt mean theyre not second string. i like blade, but i know that he's second string. LOVE the punisher!, but he's second string.

There's no monthly Beast comic. You have to collect an X-men book to see him.

I am not dissing the Beast when I call him "B-List" (i.e. second string). If you recall I said I very much like the Beast. I just don't like his new "catman" look. In my view, B-List simply means that the character doesn't have enough of a fan following to even rate his own book. (Even though plenty of B-listers have had their own titles). It has nothing to do with the quality of the actual character, just his prominence in the minds of the public. Let's face it. We're never going to see a solo Beast motion picture or video game.

The Marvel A-listers are guys like Spider-Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, ect.

Nobody would seiously put Beast in that category, so yeah, he's a B-lister. Being honest he's a low-end B-lister, some might even rank him lower than that as he's usually a supporting cast type character.

But as Ninjak said, that's not commentary on the quality of the character, just his spot on the totem pole.

The Marvel A-listers are guys like Spider-Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, ect.

Nobody would seiously put Beast in that category, so yeah, he's a B-lister. Being honest he's a low-end B-lister, some might even rank him lower than that as he's usually a supporting cast type character.

But as Ninjak said, that's not commentary on the quality of the character, just his spot on the totem pole.

what are you talking bout? beast is a B-lister but he is one of those that come extremely close to a A-lister. He is know by many people outside of comics.

I can't remember what this post was originally about, but now it's about this.

Here is a list of Marvel's individual characters in order of A, B, C, etc. (Not including whole teams).

A+

Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Hulk

A

Iron Man and Captain America

A-

Daredevil, Punisher, Thor and the Thing (yes I said the Thing)

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

Black Panther, Nightcrawler, Storm, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel.

B-

Doc Strange, The Beast, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Colossus, Cyclops (maybe), Nova.

C

Pretty much everybody else.

I probably missed a couple of B or B- characters, but you get the general idea.

Here is a list of Marvel's individual characters in order of A, B, C, etc. (Not including whole teams).

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

Black Panther, Nightcrawler, Storm, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel.

B-

Doc Strange, The Beast, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Colossus, Cyclops (maybe), Nova.

C

wait you think Ms Marvel, Luke Cage, Iron Fist are higher up then Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Cyclops and Beast?

HAHAHA

That just laughable.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

I'd say it's more...

A+ Spiderman & Hulk

A Fantastic Four, Iron Man, & Wolverine

B+ X-Men (as a group)

B Punisher, Daredevil, Cap & Silver Surfer

Then everyone else who has their own comic...then everyone else.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

wait you think Ms Marvel, Luke Cage, Iron Fist are higher up then Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Cyclops and Beast?

HAHAHA

That just laughable.

I based my ratings on INDIVIDUAL characters. As a unit the X-Men and Fantastic Four are A+ characters. As individuals those particular members are about where I listed them.

Ms. Marvel and Iron Fist currently have their own books. And Powerman (Luke Cage) and Iron Fist lasted for 150 issues.

Hmmm, please tell me when was it that Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Cyclops or Beast had their own solo titles??? Let me think.... oh yeah... NEVER!!! Why?... Because NO ONE WOULD BUY IT. Because on their own they are B- characters at best. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

I'd say it's more...

A+ Spiderman & Hulk

B+ X-Men (as a group)

I agree with you on everything but the Wolverine he is a A+ as well. It has been proven that Wolverine is the Second most popular character in Marvel History. (The first being Spidey and Third Hulk. Also i think Thor should be with the B rank as well.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

HAHAHA

That just laughable.

I based my ratings on INDIVIDUAL characters. As a unit the X-Men and Fantastic Four are A+ characters. As individuals those particular members are about where I listed them.

Ms. Marvel and Iron Fist currently have their own books. And Powerman (Luke Cage) and Iron Fist lasted for 150 issues.

Hmmm, please tell me when was it that Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Cyclops or Beast had their own solo titles??? Let me think.... oh yeah... NEVER!!! Why?... Because NO ONE WOULD BUY IT. Because on their own they are B- characters at best. Sorry, that's the way I see it.

Just because they have their own books does not in anyway mean that they move up in the rankings. The rankings are based on popularity not the number of Books.

i'll explain the system.

A+ is basically the top three Spidey Wolverine and Hulk in that order

A is basically anyone who is instantly recognized by everyone (Iron Man, Thor Cap for example.

A- is anyone who comic fan known and is known by many outside fans (Daredevil, Punisher.

B+ is anyone who is loved by fans and somewhat known by People (Beast, Gambit)

B is one fan love but have to explain who they are to people who find them "Cool" (Colossus)

B- is one fans know and is used in images (Ghost Rider)

C+ Is one known by just fans

C are one not by fan but not instantly recognizable

C- are people who have had their own books Like Adam Warlock

and the everything else

They do not rank people by them appearing in recent comics or having their own book.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

HAHAHA

That just laughable.

Just because they have their own books does not in anyway mean that they move up in the rankings. The rankings are based on popularity not the number of Books.

i'll explain the system.

A+ is basically the top three Spidey Wolverine and Hulk in that order

A is basically anyone who is instantly recognized by everyone (Iron Man, Thor Cap for example.

A- is anyone who comic fan known and is known by many outside fans (Daredevil, Punisher.

B+ is anyone who is loved by fans and somewhat known by People (Beast, Gambit)

B is one fan love but have to explain who they are to people who find them "Cool" (Colossus)

B- is one fans know and is used in images (Ghost Rider)

C+ Is one known by just fans

C are one not by fan but not instantly recognizable

C- are people who have had their own books Like Adam Warlock

and the everything else

They do not rank people by them appearing in recent comics or having their own book.

You make a good point. This is really a stupid argument anyway. Beyond the top 3 or 4 characters, it becomes mostly just a matter of opinion. The status of a lot of characters changes from time to time anyway. For instance I would have a ranked Iron Man a B+ before his movie came out. And Iron Fist probably B- or even C before his recent book. (Even though I personally dig the character a lot). So, I'm done arguing about this.

I'd say it's more...

A+ Spiderman & Hulk

B+ X-Men (as a group)

I agree with you on everything but the Wolverine he is a A+ as well. It has been proven that Wolverine is the Second most popular character in Marvel History. (The first being Spidey and Third Hulk. Also i think Thor should be with the B rank as well.

In the geek world, I agree with you. In the real world, not so much. My mom knows who IM is (because of the movie); even with three x-men movies, she doesn't have a clue who Wolvie is. As for Thor, she only knows he's a norse god; she doesn't know he's in a comic book.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

HAHAHA

That just laughable.

i have to agree. although some of the characters are "known", they still are the supporting cast to the "more known" characters. reed richards is very important, but he isnt popular enough to hold ANYTHING down by himself.

He is an A-lister in my book.

I like Beast alot also, all he needs to be pushed to the A-list is a cool nemesis or two and for people to know more about his back story. If a cool writer took some time with him and gave him a cool supporting cast other than more x-men it would push him to the A-list. Oh yeah, he needs to suffer a great tragedy or something also that would be cool.

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

what about moonknight? i think he should be on the list

A+

A

A-

B+

Human Torch and Namor

B

B-

C

what about moonknight? i think he should be on the list

Who?

Let's face it. Monnknight's not even a B lister. He's really cool, but nobody knows who the #$## that is. His own series died out in the early 90s and he didn't get his own book again until a couple years ago. Hell, more people know who Beast is than Moonknight.