Packaged pics of the nemisis wave

clonekiller72

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Beast, but come on...Beast has always been just a supporting character on the X-Men. He's never been an A-list character, I wouldn't even call him B-list. He's just kind of....there.

Dude, everyone knows Beast from the 90s X-Men cartoon. Not to mention that he was in X3. To say that Beast is not even a B-lister is ludicrous! Also, when has Beast NOT been in an X title. Uh... never?

I like Beast, but come on...Beast has always been just a supporting character on the X-Men. He's never been an A-list character, I wouldn't even call him B-list. He's just kind of....there.

Dude, everyone knows Beast from the 90s X-Men cartoon. Not to mention that he was in X3. To say that Beast is not even a B-lister is ludicrous! Also, when has Beast NOT been in an X title. Uh... never?

The Beast was not a regular member of the X-Men starting from Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975) all the way up until X-Men #1 (1991). That's about 16 years or so. I wouldn't exactly call that "never".

The Beast was not a regular member of the X-Men starting from Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975) all the way up until X-Men #1 (1991). That's about 16 years or so. I wouldn't exactly call that "never".

actually Beast was in a X-men related book, the Original X-Factor team before he rejoined the X-men,in X-men #1 so yeah he has been in X related team for a long time.

the only time he wasn't in a x-book was when he was in his own solo tilte Amazing Adventures, or on the Avengers or Defenders team.

actually Beast was in a X-men related book, the Original X-Factor team before he rejoined the X-men,in X-men #1 so yeah he has been in X related team for a long time.

the only time he wasn't in a x-book was when he was in his own solo tilte Amazing Adventures, or on the Avengers or Defenders team.

X-FACTOR! Damn! I knew I was forgetting something. That was pretty good book too.

X-Factor didn't come out until '86 so there's still a gap of over ten years.

And I'm not ripping the guy either, but Beast wasn't part of the X-Men when they became THE X-Men. The original line-up (+ Havok & Polaris) was on the verge of getting canceled before Giant-Size #1 hit. The group that made the team the mega success was Scott, Jean, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, and after Jean died Rogue and Kitty. Every one who joined after that was in for a free ride and can't really be given credit for the books being hits. From the days of Dazzler and Longshot, to Gambit and Bishop, X-Men was going to sell no matter you plugged in - as long as Wolvie was there.

And to be totally honest, besides a couple notable runs (Morrison and Whedon) the whole X corner of the Marvel Universe has been getting by on rep for the last 15-20 years. There. I said it. *ducks*

But back on topic, didn't Beast have like a mini-series or something in the 80's? I thought every Marvel character had a 4 part mini in the 80's. Iceman, Nightcrawler, Hawkeye, Falcon, ect.

And I'm not ripping the guy either, but Beast wasn't part of the X-Men when they became THE X-Men. The original line-up (+ Havok & Polaris) was on the verge of getting canceled before Giant-Size #1 hit. The group that made the team the mega success was Scott, Jean, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, and after Jean died Rogue and Kitty. Every one who joined after that was in for a free ride and can't really be given credit for the books being hits. From the days of Dazzler and Longshot, to Gambit and Bishop, X-Men was going to sell no matter you plugged in - as long as Wolvie was there.

And to be totally honest, besides a couple notable runs (Morrison and Whedon) the whole X corner of the Marvel Universe has been getting by on rep for the last 15-20 years. There. I said it. *ducks*

church! (or as you fogees put it...preach!)

Don't forget the champions and the Avengers. Beast was active on a team pretty much since he left the X-men.

beast wasn't in the champions. Angel and Iceman were but beast wasn't he was in the Defenders if thats what you mean.

As for him not being in the X-factor til 86 he was jumping around books then so he was always in something.

Don't forget the champions and the Avengers. Beast was active on a team pretty much since he left the X-men.

beast wasn't in the champions. Angel and Iceman were but beast wasn't he was in the Defenders if thats what you mean.

As for him not being in the X-factor til 86 he was jumping around books then so he was always in something.

right. like being second string on another team.

My point about X-Factor not being around until '86 was that he wasn't in the X-Men (or anything X related) for over ten years.

And the version of Defenders he was on was the definition of a B-list team. Anytime you're on the same team as Cloud and Gargoyle you know you're on the B-list.

Speaking of which, add Gargoyle to the seemingly endless list of people who had a mini-series in the 80's.

But back on topic, didn't Beast have like a mini-series or something in the 80's? I thought every Marvel character had a 4 part mini in the 80's. Iceman, Nightcrawler, Hawkeye, Falcon, ect.

Are you retarded? Beast is one of the original five. And "a couple notable runs"? Morrison and Whedon are two of the best runs on any comic ever. Have you even read any X-men comics? Messiah Complex and the build-up comics were great and a little Beast side-story called Endangered Species was also great. Also one of the best and most famous comic stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, was lacking a little something until, surprise, they added beast to the mix. The Jim lee designed characters are iconic now. I agree that the cockrum years are the best but that doesn't lessen the grandeur of the original or preceding characters. I hate you. 15- 20 years? Really? The x-men cartoon started a whole new era of comic related cartoons, e.g. Spider-man and Batman. Did you read the Age of Apocalypse? Onslaught? Are you seven years old? Thanks for infuriating me enough to waste my time responding to your ill-informed and unnecessarily controversial post.

Are you retarded? Beast is one of the original five. And "a couple notable runs"? Morrison and Whedon are two of the best runs on any comic ever. Have you even read any X-men comics? Messiah Complex and the build-up comics were great and a little Beast side-story called Endangered Species was also great. Also one of the best and most famous comic stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, was lacking a little something until, surprise, they added beast to the mix. The Jim lee designed characters are iconic now. I agree that the cockrum years are the best but that doesn't lessen the grandeur of the original or preceding characters. I hate you. 15- 20 years? Really? The x-men cartoon started a whole new era of comic related cartoons, e.g. Spider-man and Batman. Did you read the Age of Apocalypse? Onslaught? Are you seven years old? Thanks for infuriating me enough to waste my time responding to your ill-informed and unnecessarily controversial post.

LOL, seriously awesome post.

Couple of things-

"Beast is one of the original five."

Yes, I pointed that out when I mentiond how they were on the verge of being canceled until Giant Size #1 came out. They actually stopped publishing new material as Uncanny #67-93 were reprints. Major success there. New material started after Giant Size #1, as did success. Success Beast was not part of.

"And "a couple notable runs"? Morrison and Whedon are two of the best runs on any comic ever. Have you even read any X-men comics?"

I think both the mentioned runs are great. I just called them notable because they were notable for being the exception to the rule of sucking ass that every other X-book was following.

And yes, I've read a few. Every issue of Uncanny between around 130 and 300, the first 90 or so issues of X-Factor (until whenever Peter David left), and the entire run of New Mutants, all when they came out. Every earlier issue after the fact, and post 300 in runs where I'd try to get back into it, and a few recent trades here and there.

"Also one of the best and most famous comic stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, was lacking a little something until, surprise, they added beast to the mix."

You're on crack.

"The Jim lee designed characters are iconic now"

Iconic and symbolic of the 90's = style over substance.

"I agree that the cockrum years are the best but that doesn't lessen the grandeur of the original or preceding characters."

Well, I was talking about the combined Claremont, Byrne, Cockrum and Smith years... but what grandeur of the originals? The grandeur of 20+ issues of reprints? The grandeur of being replaced as an alternative to being canceled? I personally think they were great characters, but the fact is they were bombing.

"I hate you."

Damn. I am totally keeping your Christmas present now.

"15- 20 years? Really?"

Really.

"The x-men cartoon started a whole new era of comic related cartoons, e.g. Spider-man and Batman."

Huh? I thought we were talking about comic books.

"Did you read the Age of Apocalypse? Onslaught? Are you seven years old?"

Clearly not, if I was seven I might would have liked Age of Apocalypse, Onslaught and the rest of the turd sandwiches you were happily munching away in the 90's. How about Spider-clone? Awesomeness, right?

"Thanks for infuriating me enough to waste my time responding to your ill-informed and unnecessarily controversial post."

Well, everything I post is unnecessary, but controversial and ill-informed? LOL, why? Because it varies from your opinion? What a fun guy to hang out with you must be. Don't agree on comic books with you = Retarded seven year old you hate. Jeez I'd hate to see how you respond to people who disagree with you on issues of importance... wait a minute... Ender screen-name... hates people who differ from his mind-set... are you the actual Orson Scott Card? Can I have your autograph?

LOL, seriously awesome post.

Couple of things-

"Beast is one of the original five."

Yes, I pointed that out when I mentiond how they were on the verge of being canceled until Giant Size #1 came out. They actually stopped publishing new material as Uncanny #67-93 were reprints. Major success there. New material started after Giant Size #1, as did success. Success Beast was not part of.

"And "a couple notable runs"? Morrison and Whedon are two of the best runs on any comic ever. Have you even read any X-men comics?"

I think both the mentioned runs are great. I just called them notable because they were notable for being the exception to the rule of sucking ass that every other X-book was following.

And yes, I've read a few. Every issue of Uncanny between around 130 and 300, the first 90 or so issues of X-Factor (until whenever Peter David left), and the entire run of New Mutants, all when they came out. Every earlier issue after the fact, and post 300 in runs where I'd try to get back into it, and a few recent trades here and there.

"Also one of the best and most famous comic stories, the Dark Phoenix Saga, was lacking a little something until, surprise, they added beast to the mix."

You're on crack.

"The Jim lee designed characters are iconic now"

Iconic and symbolic of the 90's = style over substance.

"I agree that the cockrum years are the best but that doesn't lessen the grandeur of the original or preceding characters."

Well, I was talking about the combined Claremont, Byrne, Cockrum and Smith years... but what grandeur of the originals? The grandeur of 20+ issues of reprints? The grandeur of being replaced as an alternative to being canceled? I personally think they were great characters, but the fact is they were bombing.

"I hate you."

Damn. I am totally keeping your Christmas present now.

"15- 20 years? Really?"

Really.

"The x-men cartoon started a whole new era of comic related cartoons, e.g. Spider-man and Batman."

Huh? I thought we were talking about comic books.

"Did you read the Age of Apocalypse? Onslaught? Are you seven years old?"

Clearly not, if I was seven I might would have liked Age of Apocalypse, Onslaught and the rest of the turd sandwiches you were happily munching away in the 90's. How about Spider-clone? Awesomeness, right?

"Thanks for infuriating me enough to waste my time responding to your ill-informed and unnecessarily controversial post."

Well, everything I post is unnecessary, but controversial and ill-informed? LOL, why? Because it varies from your opinion? What a fun guy to hang out with you must be. Don't agree on comic books with you = Retarded seven year old you hate. Jeez I'd hate to see how you respond to people who disagree with you on issues of importance... wait a minute... Ender screen-name... hates people who differ from his mind-set... are you the actual Orson Scott Card? Can I have your autograph?

oh my God !! lol .... ( please don't kill each other )