whats your best change to a marvel legends ?

xmenstorm1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some recent changes I've made to a couple of Legends.

The first is Classic Spider-Man. To make this figure I used a Fearsome Foes Spider-Man body and switched out the head with a Dual Web-Swinging Spider-Man from SC12. The head of this figure looks just like John Romita's art, but the eyes are silver instead of white, so I painted them white. This head and the head of the FF Spidey swap out perfectly as they both use the same size peg and swivel joint. Just boil and pop, and paint the eyes if you want. This is now my favorite Spider-Man figure.

3143342966_915b117eb7_o.jpg

This next change is to the Red Hulk Adam Warlock. The main problem with this figure is they got his hair and skin tone all wrong, so I simply painted them to be more comic accurate. Getting the skin the right color was pretty tough, but I'm very satisfied with the end result.

3143342978_02cc1b3c79_o.jpg

Anybody ever put a Snap-Shot Spider-Man head on a McFarlane body? Either superposeable or fearsome foes? That would be the perfect Spider-Man in my opinion, but I'm wondering if the red shades on those two would match.

Hmmm... I do have both those figures... suppose I could get off my lazy butt and go look...

That's funny, I originally tried the Snap Shot Spidey head on the Fearsome Foes body. The colors seemed to match o.k., but once I attached the new head I thought it looked too big for the body. He kind of had a "bobble head" thing going on. Plus the Snap Shot head was a little tight for the FF body's neck peg, and it squeaked loudly whenever I moved it. That's when I decided to try the Dual Swing figure's head. It was the right size and color and it fit the FF Spidey body perfectly. The only problem were the eyes were painted silver. You see, the sculpt and coloring for the Dual Swing Spidey figure is actually based on Alex Ross' artwork, but he models his Spider-Man designs after John Romita, Sr.. However, Ross likes to paint Spidey's eye pieces look like mirrored sunglasses for that "real world" touch, which I why the figure had silver eyes. So, I painted the eyes white so that they were more comic book accurate. It was a bigger pain in the ass than you would think it would be, but what can I say, I'm a stickler for detail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...