Pre-Marvel Legends figures that fit in

Tadertime

Hi,

I am new to these boards and I have just recently got into collecting Marvel Legend figures. I have gotten a lot of figures as of late, but I was wondering is their any other Marvel figures that you think fit in with the the Marvel Legends line? I could think of a few, but I would like to other peoples opinions too.

Thanks,

Tadertime

Most of the Pre-ML stuff from Toy Biz doesn't work very well. If I recall correctly The Spider-Man Classics line (which many view as the precursor to Marvel Legends) was the first 6" scale line from Toy Biz, but prior to that they were more like 5" scale. I have a vague recollection of some Hulk figures that might be of a decent size to "play" with Marvel Legends, but most of the characters involved (except Hulk 2099 and Man-Spider) have been redone in better versions since.

There are plenty of lines done in "Marvel Legends Style" that technically weren't Marvel Legends, though. X-Men Classics, Hulk Classics, FF1, etc...etc...

Depending on how picky you are about scale, certain Marvel Select figures fit pretty well with Marvel Legends too.

-i use the Marvel Select Mephisto, skrull, watcher and Brood in my collection. I think they fit perfectly since their scale is not an issue with these particular characters.

-Im also using the Hulk Video game Iron Clad and Bi beast.

-also the Fantastic Four movie Doombot.

-the most intersting fig i use that fits in soooo perfectly is from the old toy biz Alpha Flight line..the snowbird fig is perfectly in scale next to the new ares wave Guardian

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb247/k...nt=SANY0304.jpg

not my pix but it shows the scale....

I agree with the Marvel Selects, especially since some of those figures are much taller in comicdom than the ML figures anyway. Like Thanos, The Watcher, Mephisto, and I personally really like their modern version of Thor.

If you like Iron Man armors, the movie line has some pretty trippy designs that are 6".

I think a few of the old Hulk Series work well. I have The Gremlin and Doc Banner.

I have all the old TB Spider-man Classics, and they were slightly before but also concurrent with the TB ML line. They are great figures.

Many of the villians from the very short lived Fantastic Four line are basically ML's and should have been released as such - Kang was just re-released as a ML.

Two lines, that have a couple of figures that fit in ML scale, most people seem to have forgotten about. There was a Drax The Destroyer from a 5" Silver Surfer line that was suppose to be his massive Infinity Gauntlet incarnation, but works with ML's if you treat him as his original Jim Starlin smaller incarnation. There is also the old Avengers figures. There was only four released and they were sort of a 5.75" line. There was a Thor, Loki, Heroes Reborn Iron Man and a Scarlet Witch. Loki and Scarlet Witch work pretty well.

Hope that helps.

Eh. She looks a little small to me. And the Puck looks ridiculously tiny. But it's better than nothing. If you're happy with the Snowbord, you should try and find the Vindicator figure from that line.

I used the Beta Ray Bill from the Silver Surfer line for quite some time, before we got a legitimate version. And I think the Frankie Raye Nova from that line is probably pretty close to ML scale. She just doesn't have the articulation.

Hmm, I may have to search online to see if I can swing a Snowbird fig. Never did like the "V"-crotch, but she seems to fit in nicely. Puck doesn't look bad either. Now if only Hasbro thought enough about us to give us a Snowbird figure that is at least better than Emma Frost ....

Ok after looking at Puck closer (thanks Rollo), maybe I was smoking crack .... but the Snowbird aint bad

I find that the Giant Man figure from the old school, 1st Appearance Avengers box set looks pretty good with my other Legends Avengers.

3083454118_e8c335b291_o.jpg

Since Giant Man spends a good amount of time at around 10-12 feet, this figure fits in nicely with the Legends scale. He's not as poseable of course, but he doesn't look half bad.

In fact a repaint of this figure was released as Goliath in Marvel Legends series 4.

Well, in the new 3 inch marvel universe line, a lot of figures with fit in like giant man, sentinel, galactus, etc but some bafs won't work like blob so im going to try to get the old 5" toy biz blob.

also hulk and abomination from the movie line seems to fit in. im going to try once i get a couple of them.

as for ml's, everybody already covered that with the marvel select.

As was stated earlier, the marvel select were scale is a nonissue, e.g. Watcher, Hulk, Thanos, Mephisto...etc work well. Earlier in my collection I had the old AoA figure displayed along side the MLs and they looked okay and I still have my Dark Beast from the X-men monsters line displayed with my villians because he is huge and I love the character.

There was a 3-figure line called Marvel Super-Villains: The Vault which featured Ultron, Stegron, and Typhoid Mary. Stegron has some goofy articulation and Ultron has a little kibble on him but they work well in a Marvel Legends display.

Hmmm, I vaguely remember these... do you have any pics chunkylover?

i tried pulling out morphs head from the pre-legend figure and putting it on the wolverine body (wolverine and forge 2-pack) but his head was too small, so i just put morph up anyways cause marvel legends will not make him. i also took out the jacket from the wolverine that came with the bike and put it on morph but its a bit big for him, but itll do.