Marvel Q&A for December 08

RealOne

Marvel Q&A from around the net...

Toyark:

Marvel Universe - Will the figures eventually come with stands like the 25th Joe line does, featuring their names and/or series numbers, etc?

It's a future possibility, but there are no branded figure stands planned for 2009.

At Furyfiles.com - when you enter a code for a figure, will the site save your figures under your account, or will you have to enter the code each time you come back to see various characters info?

Ahhh, agent status has it's privileges. The site will save all the codes you've entered under your custom agent profile. So once you've acquired access to certain files, you'll maintain them in your own personal SHIELD database.

Are there any plans for themed Marvel Universe waves - aka All X-Men, all Spider-Man, etc?

The greatest thing about the Marvel Universe is the breadth of character so we'd rather go broad with every wave. You'll definitely see some of these teams bunched together within a wave, but we aren't planning to theme entire waves.

Will we ever see a return of the pack-in comics in Legends or Universe?

We have a good feeling about this one. That's all we can say.

Marvel Universe - are there any plans for interchangeable armor to use between the figures, specifically for characters like Iron Man. Where a civilian/human figure could be the core, and armor is removable, and usable elsewhere, etc.

Sounds cool but it's not something we've slotted into the line at the moment.

Kastor's Korner:

Kastor: After your last bonus answer I have to ask: what is so special about the Punisher in the new 3 3/4 line?

Hasbro: A-ha. We'll leave that to fans and collectors to determine…but many speculative posts on the boards have nailed the answer already.

Kastor: What happened to Super Hero Squad Kraven? Where is he? When will he be part of the line?

Hasbro: Kraven is extremely elusive by nature. We've been tracking him for over a year now…but once we find him he'll find his way back into the Squad lineup. We just have to find a place for him because 2009 is already jam packed with some crazy fan faves.

Kastor: When can we expect a general update for 09 Marvel Legends?

Hasbro: Very shortly…we have some plans in the works for 6" Legends but we can't give away the details just yet. We can tell you this…Legends isn't dead.

Fwoosh:

1. What is the focus of the Marvel Universe line, in terms of character selection? Will it focus primarily on characters getting heavy comic rotation, or will we see some random, older characters as well? For characters with different costumes/looks, will there be a tendency toward the current/modern look, or the classic? For example, if Luke Cage were to show up, is it more likely he would be in his Power Man costume, or in his New/Secret Avengers garb?

We've got 70 years of comic history to draw from so we aren't focusing on any one particular era or segment. You'll see some 70's and 80's specific characters and costumes as well as plenty of contemporary ones. Heck, you may even see some 40's inspired choices, but we don't want to give too much away. We want to throw some fun curveballs into this line and we've got some things planned for the back half of the year that are going to take fans by surprise. As for Luke Cage, it's tough to beat that classic costume. Make sure to check out the "new news" on Hasbro.com/marvel this Friday for new in-package pics of Universe waves 2 & 3.

2. At SDCC we got to see some really nice looking Marvel Icons including Phoenix – the first female Icon! I believe these were set to be Previews and TRU exclusives. Can you give us a rough date when they will be available? Will we still see variants for Phoenix and Daredevil?

This new batch of Icons should be hitting a TRU near you by mid-January.

3. Can you give us an idea of what the future holds for the Marvel Legends 6" line? You intimated at SDCC that the BaF model was likely finished, and that two packs were the future. Can we expect to see new Two Packs unveiled at Toy Fair or NYCC? As you can imagine, this line has been around quite some time and has many hungry fans eager for news. The lack of upcoming product invariably feeds speculation that the line is being suspended. Can you give us at least a hint one way or another?

We'll be revealing some new news on Legends shortly. There are still a lot of great characters left to do in 6" and we know that collectors are hungry for more. We also know that most Legends collectors want to avoid getting new versions of "A" characters that they already have, which makes it hard to drive the necessary volumes for mass retail. With that said, there's a plan in the works that we think you're going to like. Details to follow shortly...

4. The Iron Man movie line seems to be doing very well at retail. Will it continue? If so, is there a chance for comic based characters (such as Crimson Dynamo, etc.) to appear there?

The Iron Man line will definitely continue in 2009. There will be a whole bunch of heroes, villains and other surprises in there, some of which we'll be revealing in February at Toy Fair and New York Comic Con.

5. There seems to be some discrepancy in regard to international distribution. Many of the overseas fans have a hard time finding product. You've said it's a question of retailers not ordering the product. However, when some of our members have requested the product from their stores, they're told by the retailers that these items are not made available to them for order. If a collector gets a response like that from their retailer, what's their most effective course of action for getting their desires addressed?

We hear you. We've been following the discussion in the Negative Zone and we realize that it's frustrating for Marvel fans who live in markets where it's hard to find product. We're working with Hasbro UK right now on some possibilities for getting more Marvel classic product into that region and we're hopeful that things will start happening soon.

Superhero Times:

1. Some fans fear the new 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line will include figures of character who have yet to receive the 6" Marvel Legends treatment. What are the chances fans who've waited years for their favorite 6" Marvel Legends figure will only receive the character figure in the new 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line?

Real agents of SHIELD have no fear! We're having some fun putting characters into the Universe lineup that will take fans by surprise so

there's definitely a chance that some haven't yet had their day in the 6"

sun.

2. With the flurry of Iron Man figures hitting shelves and the confirmation of a second Iron Man film in 2010, what are the chances of the line continuing throughout 2009 and including additional armored Marvel heroes and more rogues from Iron Man's gallery of villains?

Definitely, the 6" Iron Man line will be continuing throughout 2009, so

you're going to see a lot more armored heroes and villains over the next

12 months.

3. With the success of secondary characters - including Adam Warlock, Crossbones, Guardian and Spiral - in recent retailer exclusive Marvel Legends waves, what additional secondary characters can fans expect to see in future Marvel Legends waves?

We have some plans in the works for 6" Legends...but we can't give away the specifics just yet. We know that Legends collectors want to fill in

the holes in their collections and we're committed to finding a way to do

that. There will be some news forthcoming shortly...

4. Many of the Marvel U's heavy hitters have been announced for the new 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line. When can fans expect to get multi-packs including either army-builder figures like Hand Ninja and Hydra Soldiers or popular superhero teams like the Avengers, X-Men, etc?

It's a definite possibility for Fall of 2009. We have a bunch of cool stuff for the back half of the year that we haven't yet revealed.

5. Hasbro recently announced the exciting return of Marvel Legends Icons 12" figures, including the highly-anticiapted Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Colossus and Phoenix. What additional characters and figures can fans expect in Hasbro's continued support of this super-sized line in 2009? We don't have any additional Icons on tap immediately, but you can bet that if these sell through quickly that you'll see more.

"Kastor: After your last bonus answer I have to ask: what is so special about the Punisher in the new 3 3/4 line?

Hasbro: A-ha. We'll leave that to fans and collectors to determine…but many speculative posts on the boards have nailed the answer already."

Well I dont see anything special about the little punisher. Except that he looks dumb and has no neck. I hate these little guys. I am very glad to hear though that legends are not dead. I can keep on collecting now.

well they arent dead yet but 6" fans are going to wait a long ass time for some new figures or better responses. 3 3/4 line is going to be a hit!!! man, i think im the only on on the forum who likes 3 3/4s, anybody know any other forums?so i could actually interact with people who will enjoy them, rather that haters blasting me off whenever i mention how great these figure will be?

Kastor: When can we expect a general update for 09 Marvel Legends?

Hasbro: Very shortly…we have some plans in the works for 6" Legends but we can't give away the details just yet. We can tell you this…Legends isn't dead.

3. Can you give us an idea of what the future holds for the Marvel Legends 6" line? You intimated at SDCC that the BaF model was likely finished, and that two packs were the future. Can we expect to see new Two Packs unveiled at Toy Fair or NYCC? As you can imagine, this line has been around quite some time and has many hungry fans eager for news. The lack of upcoming product invariably feeds speculation that the line is being suspended. Can you give us at least a hint one way or another?

We'll be revealing some new news on Legends shortly. There are still a lot of great characters left to do in 6" and we know that collectors are hungry for more. We also know that most Legends collectors want to avoid getting new versions of "A" characters that they already have, which makes it hard to drive the necessary volumes for mass retail. With that said, there's a plan in the works that we think you're going to like. Details to follow shortly...

I'm beginning to wonder if sales of the AoA Sunfire were strong enough on HTS.com that they're going to go to online-exclusives with Marvel Legends. Particularly given that whole "hard to drive the necessary volumes for mass retail" comment. It's beginning to sound like no matter what happens, future MLs are going to be exclusives of some kind. Probably single-retailer exclusives.

4. The Iron Man movie line seems to be doing very well at retail. Will it continue? If so, is there a chance for comic based characters (such as Crimson Dynamo, etc.) to appear there?

The Iron Man line will definitely continue in 2009. There will be a whole bunch of heroes, villains and other surprises in there, some of which we'll be revealing in February at Toy Fair and New York Comic Con.

This gives me hope that the Iron Man line might become a sort of "stealth Marvel Legends" line where Iron Man (and perhaps even Avengers) type characters can be produced in a comic-accurate style...probably mixed in with movie-style, but still. They could do the same thing with Spider-Man Classics and effectively keep a sort of Marvel Legends (or 6" Marvel figures at least) running without actually calling them "Marvel Legends." Between the Iron Man/Avengers lineups and the vast number of characters that semi-frequently cross over with Spider-Man, you could cover a fair amount of the Marvel Universe. It's mostly the X-Men corner that would suffer without some sort of 6" line. Maybe there's a Wolverine line we haven't seen yet? If Iron Man and Spider-Man 6" figures have done well, I'd be surprised that they wouldn't at least consider a Wolvie line.

im sure im not alone these are the best answers we have ever got.

i cant wait to see the big 6 inch suprise it sound kind of dirty for hasbro ? i think they talk to a dirty hasbro rep lol

the uk did get the spiderman classica wave 1, marvel legends wave 1 (i didnt see them), ironman movie figures and incredible hulk movie figures.

i have to admit im nto a big fan of the 3 3/4 idea but marvel is big so i supose it deserves every scale going.

i hope we see that fa storm and more kewl two packs of box sets

im sure im not alone these are the best answers we have ever got.

i cant wait to see the big 6 inch suprise it sound kind of dirty for hasbro ? i think they talk to a dirty hasbro rep lol

the uk did get the spiderman classica wave 1, marvel legends wave 1 (i didnt see them), ironman movie figures and incredible hulk movie figures.

i have to admit im nto a big fan of the 3 3/4 idea but marvel is big so i supose it deserves every scale going.

i hope we see that fa storm and more kewl two packs of box sets

wait a minute didnt you guys got the hulk legends? i live in luxembourg, thats next to france and my toyshop where i work got them last week. i was so amazed and wave 3 of the spiderman classics are everywhere around here except the villains.

This gives me hope that the Iron Man line might become a sort of "stealth Marvel Legends" line where Iron Man (and perhaps even Avengers) type characters can be produced in a comic-accurate style...probably mixed in with movie-style, but still. They could do the same thing with Spider-Man Classics and effectively keep a sort of Marvel Legends (or 6" Marvel figures at least) running without actually calling them "Marvel Legends." Between the Iron Man/Avengers lineups and the vast number of characters that semi-frequently cross over with Spider-Man, you could cover a fair amount of the Marvel Universe. It's mostly the X-Men corner that would suffer without some sort of 6" line. Maybe there's a Wolverine line we haven't seen yet? If Iron Man and Spider-Man 6" figures have done well, I'd be surprised that they wouldn't at least consider a Wolvie line.

I would be totally down with this. I think Iron Man is popular enough that they could give us a variety of armors as well as lots of colorful villains and "allies" . Iron Man variations work much better for me than getting 'Scuba Spidey' crap figures when we really want more Spidey Villains. I daresay retailers would clear out their inventory a lot faster if they had "obscure" bad guys on the shelf rather than some silly Spider-man costume noone ever heard of. The Wolverine idea is forward thinking as well. In fact, its entirely possible Hasbro could be "hoodwinking" the retailers by touting these exciting new "movie" lines and sneaking in Legends type comic accurate characters for all the long term collectors. Kinda like giving us the X-Men movie figures, but in reverse...

And to Expand on your theory, we have Thor and Cap movies coming down the pike. Theoretically we could get a lot of Thor's supporting cast, and maybe even some of his different armors as well. And then a lot of Cap villains and allies like Nomad, the Serpent Society, Arnim Zola(!!) etc.

The ONLY thing that doesn't sit with me is a lot of talk and yet nothing is being said. Why must we wait? What are we waiting for? Something's hinky. I'm glad they are FINALLY addressing the issue, but I'll feel better when I hear some specifics. Even if they are tentative. I suppose there are still some ink drying issues that are taking place that they don't want to jeopardize. meh. Otherwise as good as it sounds, it's all sound and no fury (or all Fury...Files...)