Marvel Q&A for December 08

RealOne

Q&A from Raving Toy Maniac:

1. When will we see an ML Extremis Iron Man?

Answer: The Extremis armor is awesome... that's all we can say on this one.

2. Is there a target date for the release of new information about the status of the 6" Marvel Legends line? Whether it is positive or negative, when would we hear about the status of this line for the year 2009? Toy Fair? New York Comic Con?

Answer: We'll be revealing some new news on Legends shortly. We can tell you this though... 6" figures will continue.

3. Any plans for toys based on the new cartoon "Wolverine and the X-Men"? If so, what scale?

Answer: (answer pending)

4. What exactly is the first wave of Marvel Universe figures? We've seen lists suggesting there is a Wave 1: Iron Man, Punisher, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer. And a Wave 1.5: Black Panther, Bullseye, Daredevil, Human Torch, Human Torch variant, Stealth Iron Man, Wolverine. However, early reports from overseas have all the figures shipping together. Diamond Comics is now offering orders for the first wave, but what exactly will be offered in the initial shipments and how will cases be broken down?

Answer: The first wave includes all 11 figures you have listed here and they're shipping in case packs of 12. The initial shot will be one of each with a pair of Spidey's.

5. Any chance of ML Multiple Man (a perfect candidate for a 2-pack)?

Answer: We like the idea, Jamie Madrox has actually come up as a possibility a bunch of times. How many multiple men is ideal for your collection?

from Cool Toy Review:

Cool Toy Review: Why wasn't there a toy line for the Punisher War Zone movie? Is it considered to be too violent for kids? It would be cool to see the new movie incarnations of Frank and Jigsaw brought to life in action figure form.

Hasbro: No reason other than the fact that there were two other blockbuster Marvel movies this year that translate perfectly to broad toy lines.

Cool Toy Review: Back at SDCC, it was revealed that both Marvel Toys (formerly Toy Biz) and Gentle Giant have done work on the Marvel Universe line. Can you talk a bit about how that process? How much input does each company add to the line, and how challenging is it to work together?

Hasbro: We do work closely with both Marvel Toys & Gentle Giant and it's not challenging at all. In fact, it's fun. They're both great partners with lots of great ideas.

Cool Toy Review: Whatever happened to Marvel Legends Series 4?

Hasbro: This wave is on it's way to Wal-Mart right now, so they should start showing up in the next few weeks. Bonus answer: Marvel Trivia time. Many fans were referring to the Double D on Yellow Daredevil's costume as a mistake.but check out the covers of Daredevil #5 & #6. This costume actually bridged the classic single D and the introduction of the red costume.

Cool Toy Review: The Super Hero Squad line is still very popular, and I can't wait to see what characters get the cute & cuddly treatment next. Any hints of who is on deck?

Hasbro: How about this - a current Thunderbolt and a former Avenger who's status was active on both coasts. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Cool Toy Review: As a follow-up to your suggestion of the Beyonder in the leisure suit...um, maybe not. Although that funky battle armor he wore during Secret Wars II tie-ins wold be cool. He also wore in the 1990s Spider-Man animated series as well. What do you think?

Hasbro: Ha! We were only kidding about the leisure suited Beyonder (as far as you know) but the character is still a very real possibility considering the importance of that series in Marvel history and lore. We agree that the battle armor would translate better to toy. What are you going to tell us next? That Jarvis is a no-go?

What I really hope they break news on is a Wrecking Crew Box set that would make my year. Hasbro made my year last year by giving us a Red Hulk, King Hulk,Wendigo, and Absorbing Man. I know that they are going to do some good stuff in those two packs this next year. But I hope I hear some 6 inch news soon. I'm tired of hearing about MU.

What I really hope they break news on is a Wrecking Crew Box set that would make my year. Hasbro made my year last year by giving us a Red Hulk, King Hulk,Wendigo, and Absorbing Man. I know that they are going to do some good stuff in those two packs this next year. But I hope I hear some 6 inch news soon. I'm tired of hearing about MU.

you know, i agree.... they should do more box sets. they should be hasbro exclusives.