What's the best and worst Legend's series?

Ninjak

O.K., so what do you guys think is the BEST and WORST Legend's series. Here are my picks.

Picking the best is a tough one, but here are my top five...

1. Giant Man series

2. MODOK series

3. ML6

4. Red Hulk

5. ML7

My top three worst are...

1. Sandman series (movie figures suck).

2. Annihilus series (I only bought Hercules).

3. Apocalypse series (I only bought Iron Fist).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />O.K., so what do you guys think is the BEST and WORST Legend's series. Here are my picks.<br /><br />Picking the best is a tough one, but here are my top five...<br /><br />1. Giant Man series<br />2. MODOK series<br />3. ML6<br />4. Red Hulk<br />5. ML7<br /><br />My top three worst are...<br /><br />1. Sandman series (movie figures suck).<br />2. Annihilus series (I only bought Hercules).<br />3. Apocalypse series (I only bought Iron Fist).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

the sandman series its the only one i passed on

To be honest, I don't even consider the Sandman wave part of Marvel Legends, it's a Spider-Man movie figs wave. Didn't buy a single one. Maybe that's just me.

I'll go with TB series 6 for my favorite wave. Juggernaut and brown Wolvie are two of my favorite ML figures.

Honorable mention to Galactus & Giant-Man.

Annihilus for least favorite.

EDIT : added honorable mention fo Giant-Man series, don't know how I forgot that.

Fave would have to be Sentinel great characters Omega red! awsome cyclops! angel! and black panter hell the whole group is great!

least fave would be a tie between Annihilus and the spiderman 3 one... probs spiderman 3 cause they could have made a whole spiderman set with classic villians new black cat ect... they had to make the crap movie ones... i guess the giant sand man is OKAY... still crap series what a waste...

Although I admit sandman was probably the worst series, it was the series I got more figures from.

I have to addmit i could never find the series here and the only real reeason i would have bought the series is for the BAF sandman which could have been big and beter.

I bought 6 out of the 8 figures, I needed a Venom, New goblin, Sandman and Mary Jane and they were the best made in the right scale (not to sure about MJ though). I also need a super posable movie spiderman and Doc Ock was a big improvement from the spiderman 2 ones, actually combining the best parts of both. Didn't buy neither green goblin because of the non removable helmet ( trying to find the Heros and villians rerelease) and Black suited Spiderman (tryng to buy the new catapult one, he's buffer). So I have the Sandman BAF from the waist up and his feet. The part of the BAF that I have is actually good If I decide to pose him life he just appearing from the sand trying to grab someone.

I'm gonna say Legendary Riders series was one of the crappiest waves.

Vengeance. (Who?)

Yet another Logan. (Yawn)

1st Appearance Thing (Yuck)

Scarlet Witch ( Horrible design)

Ultron (We couldn't get the classic look?)

Wonder Man (Decent)

Hulkbuster Iron Man (with a hovor skateboard??)

And instead of some cool BAF, we got goofy ass "rides" some of which were made up just for the wave.

Best Series

Defeniteltly series 6 deadpool,cable,Juggernaut,wolverine that series was great all around. The worst for me was definetly the Mojo series I own most of these just because they were like 4.99 a piece at KB but now i know why they looked goofy and the sculpt sucks half them cant even stand up without the upper body falling. And sentinel series was also a close for best good all around characters and the best BAF in my opion.

I'd agree with ML 6 as probably the best single wave. Honorable Mention goes to the entire "Face Off" series.

Worst would definitely be the Sandman wave, or if you don't count that as a Marvel Legends wave then I'd say roughly a three-way tie between the Annihilus and Blob waves and Marvel Legends wave 3 (Beast/Elektra wave...remember how long those pegwarmed?).

The best was probably series 6.

great figures, other waves that were great were series 4, sentinel, and galactus.

worst was sandman.

movie figures suck, scale sucks, baf sucks, and mary jane comes with a plank of wood?

While I agree with most of your assessment, I seem to recall the Movie-inspired Sandman Build-A-Figure series was actually in the same 6" scale as the rest of Marvel Legends.

Worst would definitely be the Sandman wave, or if you don't count that as a Marvel Legends wave then I'd say roughly a three-way tie between the Annihilus and Blob waves and Marvel Legends wave 3 (Beast/Elektra wave...remember how long those pegwarmed?).

That was actually Wave 4, which also featured Gambit and Punisher.

Yeah, the Legendary Riders wave did really suck. The only figure I really care for is Wonder Man. Yeah, in my town we didn't get Apocalypse for close to a year because of how long those fucking Riders figures peg-warmed.

I'm gonna say Legendary Riders series was one of the crappiest waves.

Vengeance. (Who?)

Yet another Logan. (Yawn)

1st Appearance Thing (Yuck)

Scarlet Witch ( Horrible design)

Ultron (We couldn't get the classic look?)

Wonder Man (Decent)

Hulkbuster Iron Man (with a hovor skateboard??)

And instead of some cool BAF, we got goofy ass "rides" some of which were made up just for the wave.

That wave was pretty bad, but I like my hulkbuster.

I'd agree with ML 6 as probably the best single wave. Honorable Mention goes to the entire "Face Off" series.

Yeah, I forgot about Face Off. If you count both waves it's definitely Top 5.

ML 6 was truly "Legendary", but I didn't rank it #1 because it was pre-BAF.

i acctually didnt maind legendary riders besides the first apperance thing (piece of crap)... but i liked wonderman, scarlet witch, logan, nd the hulk buster iron man was prety cool, a BAF would have been beter but i dont think its the worst series...

also series 6 was very cool, but i also like series 3 love that magneto.

great figures, other waves that were great were series 4, sentinel, and galactus.

worst was sandman.

movie figures suck, scale sucks, baf sucks, and mary jane comes with a plank of wood?

While I agree with most of your assessment, I seem to recall the Movie-inspired Sandman Build-A-Figure series was actually in the same 6" scale as the rest of Marvel Legends.

he said that regarding the scale between the figures. All the new figures were kinda small comparing to the toybiz sculpts, except for Venom, he was huge, too big for a movie figure.

worst was sandman.

Mary jane comes with wood because at the end of spiderman 2 she smacks doc ock with it

so the wood idea made sence