My Marvel Model City

ClarkParker

Hi there, my name is Clark and I have something I'd like to share with you.

Some time back, I began work on a scale model of a city street, to house my collection of Marvel Action figures... I was delayed for some time due to a family accident that required me to put the project on a back burner but I am starting up again this year and decided to kick it all off with a series of photographs of various heroes and villains in the city.

You can check it out here and from there, if you click on the Progress Report and read the archive, you can see a lot more pics of the city itself and get a good idea of how I put it all together.

http://www.freewebs.com/clark-parker/apps/photos/

I hope you like it and I'd love to hear what you think... Sound off below or leave a comment on my page. If you cats take interest, I'll post more pictures each week, starting with some recreations of scenes from Marvel Movies.

i wish i had the time to do something like that. (or the know-how)

Dude, tell me about it.... Even I wish I had the time for this. I started over two years ago and it has been a strictly weekend task ever since then. As for the Know-How... I winged the whole thing. I had never attempted anything like this before and have pretty much made it up as I went along. Check out the progress report for some detailed images and walkthroughs showing how it all came together.

And who is Pooda? Could you link me to his/her work? I'm always keen to see more work like mine.

Who is Pooda? I cannot believe you haven't heard of him new or old formembers should respect the Pooda! Go to Action Forum at the top to see some of Pooda's work. He is da MAN!!

great job cant wait till its done, keep us updated.

also, i cant find poodas work, soneone post the link

http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?...2053400&hl=

Hey Clark,

Great work. It look's like it's coming along nicely.

I watched your videos, and I was just curious as to why you chose to do all extra that work building a shelf, instead of just using a table? It seems to me that it would have been easier and more convenient if, for some reason, you needed to move the model at a later date.

As I said, I'm just curious. Was it for stability issues or the amount of space available? I wonder, because I was thinking of doing something similar one of these days and I always figured that I would just put it on a table or some such as that.

Hey Clark,

Great work. It look's like it's coming along nicely.

I watched your videos, and I was just curious as to why you chose to do all extra that work building a shelf, instead of just using a table? It seems to me that it would have been easier and more convenient if, for some reason, you needed to move the model at a later date.

As I said, I'm just curious. Was it for stability issues or the amount of space available? I wonder, because I was thinking of doing something similar one of these days and I always figured that I would just put it on a table or some such as that.

Hi there. To answer your question, yes, the shelf was needed. It's hard to tell from that video because nothing else has been seen since then but as I mentioned, a family member was injured quite badly and I had to halt production of the model. That Shelf you see is only half of what I put up, it covers two walls in the room. And it's built to the right length and width for the model. I could have just found and bought a couple of tables I suppose but this was far cheaper, at less then 10 dollars for all the materials and when you add that it's custom size and secured to the wall (to limit damage from shaking or bumping) it just makes more sense.

Also, I plan on building a sublevel... A sewer and secret lair that would exist on another shelf below the current one. That is a while off yet though.

As for the other comments; thank you all for being so kind. I love this model and I am very happy to be able to share it with other Marvel Legends fans. This weekend, if I have time, I am going to film a sort of update video, something that will let everyone know the progress I've made since that last video and will (for the first time) reveal the entire set all at once, to give a better idea of what it is supposed to look like.

I'm also going to try and get some more photography done. I'd like to re-create some scenes from movies or at least, take a few shots of all the other figures I own.

Any other questions or comments while I'm around?

Hey Pooda, do you have another place online that you display all those action shots you took? Sifting through 100 pages that contain a huge amount of repeated images due to quoting is a daunting task but I'd love to see them all.

It looks like you were even telling a story with them... You might be interested to know that myself and some friends were working on a 12 part Moving Comic style film that was also delayed after the accident I've mentioned. I've got a short test that I shot and edited myself on youtube and later in the month, we are going to post the full screentest I shot, which is in widescreen, has voice acting, a score, hell, we even did storyboards. It's not in the same style as the actual film (which will get finished one day, so I cannot show it just yet) but it's still pretty cool.

Here is the simple test I made.

It was not meant to be shown to anyone but my crew. See, The script I wrote for our screentest required a Deadpool Figure that I did not have, so my storyboard artist took it upon himself to draw Spider-Man in his place as we were going to use that figure as a stand in... But I managed to track down the DP in time and quickly threw this together as a sort of joke for them. The actual screentest, which my editor is just tacking some credits onto before I post it, will also contain that original series of storyboards.

It should make a nice little tease to the real project we are filming. Which is currently undergoing some re-writes while I continue to build the sets.

those street secenes are tight. how much would something like that cost? i was just trying to think of something to use besides cardboard.

*EDIT* i just watched your video...wow. sure beats cardboard.

So, if you go back to the Progress Report on my page, where you found that video and if you click on View Archives, it shows a long a detailed series up walkthroughs on how I made each and every building. It's blog format, so you will have to scroll to the bottom and work upwards but there are some great pictures and info on how it's all done. I never made anything like this before, it was all seat of the pants and while the cost HAS added up over time, it was actually pretty cheap.

I know I should have a gallery of those production photos and I will soon. Just need to find the time.

Hey Pooda, do you have another place online that you display all those action shots you took? Sifting through 100 pages that contain a huge amount of repeated images due to quoting is a daunting task but I'd love to see them all.

It looks like you were even telling a story with them... You might be interested to know that myself and some friends were working on a 12 part Moving Comic style film that was also delayed after the accident I've mentioned. I've got a short test that I shot and edited myself on youtube and later in the month, we are going to post the full screentest I shot, which is in widescreen, has voice acting, a score, hell, we even did storyboards. It's not in the same style as the actual film (which will get finished one day, so I cannot show it just yet) but it's still pretty cool.

Here is the simple test I made.

It was not meant to be shown to anyone but my crew. See, The script I wrote for our screentest required a Deadpool Figure that I did not have, so my storyboard artist took it upon himself to draw Spider-Man in his place as we were going to use that figure as a stand in... But I managed to track down the DP in time and quickly threw this together as a sort of joke for them. The actual screentest, which my editor is just tacking some credits onto before I post it, will also contain that original series of storyboards.

It should make a nice little tease to the real project we are filming. Which is currently undergoing some re-writes while I continue to build the sets.

Dude, love the short film. That totally kicks ass! Hope you get a chance to make the long movie you have planned. I'd love to see it. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...