nothing new!

spidey1967

No. I've been frequenting these boards less and less because there's just nothing to talk about.

The same wishlist thread over and over gets repetetive.

Plus, the white/grey lettering on black really hurts my eyes.

I hear that, every couple of minutes I have to look away from screen and refocus my eyes.

And regarding the topic of this thread... I really don't understand the reason why Hasbro hasn't released the Nemesis Wave or any of the new 2-Packs or the next Spider-Man wave yet. It really makes no sense.

Yes the whole situation sucks. Hasbro needs to get with the program and free our figures from their captivity.

my god i hate giving you boosts of encourgment lols, but i totally aggree with wat u just said, they would be makin so much money if they just did wat they said they were goin to do and relesed on time!

Yes the whole situation sucks. Hasbro needs to get with the program and free our figures from their captivity.

Yes, yes, motion seconded, I say we march on Hasbro headquarters with signs saying "Free Our Figures", perhaps we'll have Iron Sheik threaten to "Break-a" their backs with the Camel Clutch and...well I'm sure undoubtedly you know the rest.

3 3/4s!

MU is clogging the shelves at my Wal Mart. It looks like I'm the only person who has bought any. They have about 4-5 or every character except Bullseye. It's been this way for over a week.

Yes, because I'm sure your Wal-Mart is representative of the entire world (I'm assuming you're in Canada?). And equally sure that because a line hasn't sold out in a week, it's doomed to long-term failure. The Star Wars: Clone Wars figures lingered for a couple months after release (including the "First day of issue" sticker variants)...now you can barely find any of them from any series around here. You know what's collecting dust though? Marvel Legends 2-packs (except for the Cap/Fury pack). At least the single packs got clearanced out after the holidays, though.

To be honest, if your Wal-Mart is overflowing with them, why not buy them up and hawk them for mad profits to American buyers on Ebay? Or better yet, offer them at reasonable rates to other collectors through some of the collecting boards. I'm sure you'd find plenty of eager buyers.

once the MU figs touch down, people will except them better. if hasbro expands the line into gi joe lenths, we'll be seeing vehicles, play sets, and a faster turn-out of figures. im not saying that the MU figs will be better, or replace MLs, but c'mon....theyre not that bad. i am glad that none of the board members have stooped to using EBAY and paying up the a** for these. my plug in canada is sending me spidey, daredevil, and ironman for cost + shipping....if it wasnt for that, i'd be waiting on march too.

"im not saying that the MU figs will be better, or replace MLs, but c'mon....theyre not that bad."

We're all entitled to our opinions of course, but to some of us they are indeed that bad.

Now, I'm not going to say that MU and ML can't possibly co-exist, after all Mattel is doing it with DCUC and DCIH. And I'm not trying to be overly negative or pessimistic, screaming about the sky falling. But being totally honest, I kind of believe a truly successful MU line could in fact endanger ML's future, while a swift failure and unceremonius death for MU would guarantee ML's continuation.

What can I say? I'm not ready to let go yet. There's still so many characters for ML to do, and I have no intention of starting over my Marvel collection in a scale I don't even like.

So, no offense to all the 3 3/4" collectors, but... Die, little bastids, die!!! :wolverine2:

"im not saying that the MU figs will be better, or replace MLs, but c'mon....theyre not that bad."

We're all entitled to our opinions of course, but to some of us they are indeed that bad.

Now, I'm not going to say that MU and ML can't possibly co-exist, after all Mattel is doing it with DCUC and DCIH. And I'm not trying to be overly negative or pessimistic, screaming about the sky falling. But being totally honest, I kind of believe a truly successful MU line could in fact endanger ML's future, while a swift failure and unceremonius death for MU would guarantee ML's continuation.

What can I say? I'm not ready to let go yet. There's still so many characters for ML to do, and I have no intention of starting over my Marvel collection in a scale I don't even like.

So, no offense to all the 3 3/4" collectors, but... Die, little bastids, die!!! :wolverine2:

I'm still really, really curious as to what kind of logic people are using when they say that they think one line turning out to be unprofitable and failing would "guarantee" another line that has already been unprofitable and failed (or at least not profitable enough for Hasbro to keep making in its' current format, or for retailers to support in its' current format) would come back. How exactly is Hasbro going to convince retailers that this time it'll sell better?

Because it's not really logical at all. Bearing in mind, I don't think MLs are going away anyway, just getting reduced to two-packs and exclusives. And there ain't that many more characters to make that anybody but hardcore comic geeks care about. There were already plenty of complaints about the last few waves having too many "C-Listers" in them.

If MU fails it may encourage Hasbro to revist ML again or it may not. They may try 1 inch figures or figures at 1 through 12 inches that fit inside each other like those old fashioned ceramic dolls. There will always be Marvel toys on stores shelves because from 1990-2008 there has never been a period without them. Marvel is too huge a brand not to have action figures made.