2008 Marvel Awards

BigBearJahlon

Yeah, I know. It is now half a month into 2009 and I just came out with a "best of" thread. Sue me! Now enjoy the show.

Hasbro did a few things right,and quite a bit wrong in 2008, but at least they tried and gave us something to talk/ complain about. I am including the Brood Queen wave in this because most folk like me did not even see them until after Christmas. I would include the FF Legends since I got half of them in 2008, but that would drive some of you other guys crazy, so here is my list:

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Union Jack

Great figure, with mostly TB styled joints. The only complaint - too small.

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Elektra

She wins over Marvel Girl & Spiral because she simply was one of the most wanted, and vastly improved (over the TB version). And she actually came with useful accessories, and was flat out better than Emma Frost any day of the week.

Now if Hasbro could only produce a Deathbird or a Snowbird with this type of quality and Hasbro could probably keep my money all year long.

Best Marvel Legends, Villain: Crossbones

This guy was possibly one of the most wanted villain ever!!! a complete re-tool of Toy Biz's Hulking, add a new face sculpt , a removable jacket,and some weapons and he became an instant hit, even before he hit the stores. Crossbones simply made me happy to own him. Made the Ares figure that much more acceptable to build.

Hardest ML to Find: She-Hulk, Hulk Legends

I was disappointed in She-Hulk. Everyone said she was too small. Everyone said she was over-priced. I could not agree because I never was able to find her. I am now in the process of buying one next week for $25.00 just because I am crazy enough to want to finish Fin Fang Foom. And to think I thought it would have been hard to find Wendigo, Crossbones, or Kang.

Easiest ML to find: Absorbing Man, Hulk Legends

This cat is everywhere warming the pegs. IF I did not want to build FFF or did not need a Crusher Creel since I never found the old TB version, I would have left mine of the pegs collecting dust as well. He is a cool figure to own for the sake of completing a collection, but a better face sculpt would have made him fantastic.

Best 2-Pack: Elektra vs Ronin

Easy one here. While the Ultimate 2-pack did look good, I am not a big Ultimates fan, and Forge was not enough to make me buy a terrible Wolverine, and ANOTHER FF set???

As an Avengers fan, we finally get Ronin, with a Clint Barton head, and a decent Elektra. This one was a no-brainer.

Best BAF: Fin Fang Foom

Yeah I don't have him finished yet, but sheesh, he is 2 steps from awesome. Only the price, lack of availability, and lack of neck motion (my opinion) bring him down from being possibly the best BAF ever. But like I said, that is MHO.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Tie - Black Knight & Wendigo

Nope they are not the best, but they are fun figures and I really couldn't wait to own them. They had been on my most wanted listed for a long time since i started collecting ML's in 2003, and I finally got them. They made 2008 that much better fora collector like me.

Best Non-Legends Figure: Marvel Select Modern Thor

Oliver Copiel gave us a new vision of Thor and Marvel Select decided that he had to be done right in plastic, and he looked great!!! Possibly the best sculpted MS figure since She-Hulk and Thanos.

Best Spidey Animated Figure: Tie - Rhino & Green Goblin

These figures are in scale with most ML's so if you never owned the Fearsome Foes Rhino or the Onslaught Goblin, these guys are decent enough to fit in. They also boast sculpts that are cartoonish, but not so over the top that they lose comic book likeness. Great looking toys. I almost bought them.

Honorable Mention: the design for the animated Sandman is impeccable, but not mobile enough for me.

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure: Bi-Beast

Although he was not in the actual movie, just a villain of the video game, the Bi-Beast is easily the best this line had to offer. Although he was in scale with regular Marvel Legends and did not have enough articulation, he was well designed and would probably never s the light day as a ML figure, so I had to purchase him. With the under 10 bucks price tag, he actual became a cool fig to own. Now if only Ironclad was as pleasing ...

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Iron-Monger

And I am talking about the first Iron-Monger. The one with the Super Smash Fist action which limited the mobility of his legs. After seeing the freakishly small head of Obadiah "Jeff Bridges" Stane, and the lack of color, I stuck with the original and kept the more menacing version looming in my display. Yeah, the Titanium Man is cool, and the various versions of IM armor are nice, only Iron Monger makes you want to give someone a full metal smackdown, and that is why he wins in this category.

Best Accessory: Iron-Man's Car

A cool "extra" if you wanted to buy Iron-Man with a useful vehicle.

Great car that can be customized into either a ride for guys like the Punisher or Captain America or the Distinguished Competition's Dark Knight.

Best Marvel film of 2008: Iron-Man

Nuff Said!!!! Downey really surprised me and I loved the Nick Fury cameo. The Incredible Hulk had more action, but IM's story was a fantastic update and chock full of humor. LOVED IT!!! Dark Knight who????????

Best ML Online exclsuive:

This really only came down to to two choices, and Sunfire won hands down. While Ka-Zar is cool, the AOA Sunfire is much wanted figure and is cheaper since it is single packed instead of a $30.00-plus set. Now when the Nemesis wave FINALLY hits, he can throw some atomic fire down the throat of Apocalypse's son for all the waiting we had to go through.

Worst ML of 2008: Ares Series Scarlet Spider

Now since I included the Brood Queen series, it was easy to add all those corny movie based figures, but to me the Scarlet Spider was the crappiest. At least the Human Torch was done with a new translucent flame look. They gave us 2 extra Spideys outside of all the animated and Heroes & Villains assortment only to make a cheap version of Ben Reilly? Come on Hasbro!!! You could have given us someone different. Don't just milk us for money's sake. How about a Terrax or the Grey Gargoyle? Something?? Naw. we got another default figure just to have an "A"-lister on board. Pure crap!!! At least the Black Costumed Spidey from the Red Hulk series was nice.

Best Competition to ML: Mattel's DC Universe

Yeah, I know this a Marvel board, but say what you want, as Hasbro seems to drop the ball (at least a little) others can't wait to claim spots. The Hellboy 2 figures were pretty impressive, especially Wink & Wounded HB. God of War's Kratos was awesome, and if Shocker Toys ever released their set, Shadowhawk would have been a fan favorite. So this leaves only Mattel with the ability to produce a set of figures with a fan base at least as big as Marvel's and take some of the Legends glory. The DCUC figures are a hit and down right impressive. If only Mattel could work out their distribution problems, they could easily kill Hasbro in sales. How can there be a Barbie in every store but the DC figures can barely find a home anywhere but Target????

Mattel learned from Toy Biz when they re-invented themselves as DC Super Heroes, and now DC Universe is picking up where ML's are leaving off. Hasbro needs to step up there game plan quick.

Ok, that is it. Let me know what you think, or what your picks are.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: ultimate nick fury

Great figure, cool looking great detail cool figure

Best Marvel Legends, Female: spiral

its the arms and the sculpt a difficlut figure to pull of but they did it, close second to elektra though two pack elektra is great.

Best Marvel Legends, Villain: wendigo

he is soo cool cool articulation great size good choice and a well needed figure.

Hardest ML to Find: all of them

england sucks for finding hasbro marvel legends

Easiest ML to find: none of them

^^^^^^^ smae reason

Best 2-Pack: wolverine and forge two pack

i hate the wolverine figure but love the forge figure apart form the fact he is small, he was a must have for my x men collection, i would have liked to see someone other than another wolverine ie a gambit or something but cool two pack.

HANDS DOWN EVERY TIME

All Around Favorites of the Year: .........

wendigo, spiral, nick fury, forge, kazar zabu, aoa sunfire.

i dont have this figure but he does look cool, i want to see what select figures come next i hope a juggernaught sauron and gladiator.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: war machine

finally i found one in england yeh he is cool but i wassnt a fan of the ironman movie figure from the start, too small skinny and the shoulder pads are a bit annoying.

not a hulk fan, bring on x men origins.

Best ML Online exclsuive: tie aoa and savage land

both x men bothe cool but if i had to choose i choose savage land but a good buy, i would have prefered the first apperance storm to have won though.

Worst ML of 2008: tie ares wave spidey or red hulk wave wolverine

for the simple fact we dont need more spideys or wolverines clogging the legends lines

in my opinion

Best Competition to ML: marvel select

jsut coz i only am realy drawn to marvel, and from what i have read about the larger characters for 2009 im quite excited.

just my opinion dont beat me :D ( to peace xxx)

Big Bear, very nice list and well thought out. Great job!

Here are my personal choices.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Classic Yellow Wolverine (Red Hulk)

I know some people disagree, but we needed this figure. IMO a well sculpted fully articulated classic Wolverine was a must have. The one from series 3 was too tall and had weak articulation, and the X-Men Classic's one was poorly sculpted.

I really like the Union Jack figure, but for me he's just not a character that I'm all that interested in.

Runner Up: for me was Black Costume Spider-Man

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Shanna (SL box set)

Elektra is a very nice, but she already had a Legends figure that was decent enough. Shanna is an excellent figure and she's a character that has never been a Legend figure.

Runner up: Spiral (awesome sculpt and articulation)

I have to agree with you one this one.

Runner Up: Absorbing Man (I really like this figure despite his shortcomings).

I actually found a She-Hulk at my local Target and passed her up, since I didn't plan to complete FFF. (Man do I feel dumb).

Runner Up: Crossbones

Easiest ML to find: Black Costume Spider-Man (Red Hulk)

A.M. was easy to find, but around me Black Suit Spider-Man was more common than mutts at the dog pound. My Target had at least 5 of them warming the pegs until they went on clearance.

Gotta agree with you here. But there wasn't much else to choose from in this department.

Best Box Set: Savage Land

New characters, great sculpts and a Sabretooth Tiger. This one had it all.

I can't comment on this one since the only BAF I finished was Red Hulk. But from the pics I've seen I'm sure FFF was the hands down winner.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Classic Wolverine and Black Suit Spidey

They've both had figures already, but both of these were huge improvements over their previous incarnations. And both are great versions of classic characters.

Best Non-Legends Figure: DCU Classics: Deathstroke, the Terminator!

Great character, great costume design, excellent sculpt and articulation, with multiple accessories. Whew! This is one awesome figure. Plus he comes in a masked and unmasked version. We have a winner!

Runner Up: DCU Classics: Green Lantern

Best Spidey Animated Figure: NONE

These figures sucked totally IMO, in both sculpt and poseability.

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure: No pick

Didn't buy any of them, but the gray Hulk looked pretty bad ass.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Mach 3 (original)

This was the only I-M Movie fig. I bought, and I only bought him to stand in for the modern comic version of Iron Man.

Best Accessory: No pick

I have no opinion on this one.

Agreed.

Best ML Online exclsuive: Savage Land Box Set

This wasn't technically an on-line exclusive as it was first available at SDCC, but for most of us it was only attainable on Hasbro.com

Worst ML of 2008: Silver Savage

I only bought this figure to complete Red Hulk, and I still don't know what to do with him. He's too small and too specific to one storyline.

Runner Up: Savage She Hulk (a much too small and cheap cop-out repaint of the Shanna figure with a $14.99 price tag) Nice job, Hasbro!

Absolutely. If you can actually find them on store shelves.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Union Jack

There wasn't a figure that stood out as my absolute favorite this year, but I'm always happy with figures of characters I never thought I'd see. Plus a cool and unique costume scores points with me.

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Spiral

This one was high on my wishlist because of my desire to complete my Freedom Force display. Also really nice articulation.

A character I don't already have, and done well. All I want from ML at this point.

Hardest ML to Find: Crossbones

The only ML figure I didn't see even once in stores this year. Had to go to ebay. Paid $18 w/shipping, got lucky with a low "buy-it-now", so at least I didn't get raped.

Easiest ML to find: Black Costume Spider-Man

Black Spidey wins, since the legions of Banshee's and Emma's weren't 2008 releases.

Best 2-Pack: Wolverine & Forge

Not that great a set, but Forge was another one that was high on my wishlist.

I liked Rulk and Ares, but I was just so happy for another BIG baf.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Fin Fang Foom

Again, a BIG baf, plus he's rocking a Fu-Manchu goatee, toned down from some of his comic appearances, but still...

Honorable mention to Rulk, just because I'm a fan of figures based on McGuiness art. I think his style translates really well to plastic.

Just a really nice sculpt, although I wish he was a tad shorter.

Best Spidey Animated Figure:

Uh...

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure:

They made a good Hulk movie figure?

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Atmospheric Diving Armor

No real reason... it looks cool?

Best Accessory: Zabu

Does he count? Not a lot of choices for this category.

Not close.

Best ML Online exclsuive: Savage Land Box set

This was decent, I mainly picked it because I'm not an AOA fan, and still can't believe Sunfire won that poll.

Worst ML of 2008: Adam Warlock

No where along the line did anyone at Hasbro notice something wrong here? Getting a characters skin color wrong is just ridiculous. How about glancing at one of the FIVE pics on the friggin' card.

Honorable mention to Ultimate War Machine, just for the laziness.

Best Competition to ML: DC Universe Classics

Competition is one way to put it. Best line beating the pants off ML might be another.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Human Torch (ares)

I was going to say Crossbones, but it looks like he'd be in a different category. HT is the tops for me for heroes.

I didn't care for the Elektra that much. It was just ok for me. Spiral hit the mark.

Agree with you.

Totally agree with you. I've seen two. I bought both of them.

Easiest ML to find: Doc Samson

The targets and tru near me have both DS and AM, but they have DS at least 2 to 1.

Best 2-Pack: Ultimate Cap & Fury

Im not a huge Ultimates fan either, but these figs were tops for me.

Yup. Agree.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Marvel Select Modern Thor

Awesome fig. Couldn't wait to put it on display.

Yeah, agree.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Heavy Artillery

That was the best looking one for me. The one I really had to have from the moment I saw it.

Best Accessory: Bat Pod

Nice toy. Nicely built; sturdy; true to the move; great vehicle; only vehicle I'd vote on; if DC doesn't count, then I'd say none.

Agree

Best ML Online exclsuive: Sunfire

I think Sunfire was the only ONLINE exclusive. You could get the Kazar set at SDCC.

Worst ML of 2008: 2 pack Thing

Talk about re-releases

Yup, yup. Arguably (not by me) better than ML. I'd say it was a close call and probably comes down to whether you like DC or Marvel better. I'd call it a tie.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Black Costume Spider-Man

I wanted this figure from the moment I saw it. I especially love the head sculpt and paint job (The blue highlights). My only complaint is that he needed more articulation. He looks great with my New Avengers display.

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Spiral (Regular)

I was somewhat surprised when I found out we were getting her, but I'm sure glad we did. I love the articulation (Could've used a bicep swivel and double knee joints, but I digress), paint job, and the swords (Could've used a few more), sculpt, as well as the removable helmet. She looks great in my X-Men vs. X-Villains display.

Everything about Crossbones wreaks of awesomeness. It was quite ingeneous how they used the Hulkling sculpt and gave him a snazzy vest and spot-on head sculpt. He looks great (He is a Toy Biz sculpt after all). I only wish he didn't have to share weapons with the Hydra Soldier, but it beats no weapons, I guess. Kang might've got this spot, had he only came with a gun and were he a smidge taller. I also would've picked Wendigo, but he wins in another category.

Hardest ML to Find: Fin Fang Foom's Head and Neck...er, I mean She-Hulk, Hulk Legends

Never did I once find a She-Hulk on my own while Legends Hunting. The only way I ever saw two was the one that came in the SDCC 8-pack I ordered and one somebody found for me (Thank God, or I never would've been able to build the awesomeness known as Fin Fang Foom).

Easiest ML to find: Thing and Mr.Fantastic 2-pack

I've seen this 2-pack just about EVERYWHERE! I've seen them at Wal*Mart, Kraynaks, Toys R Us, Hasbrotoyshop.com (As well as many other on-line retailers), etc. If I never see this 2-pack again, it'll be too soon.

Best 2-Pack: Wolverine and Forge

When it came to X-Men I wanted that still needed to be made, Forge was always on my list of must haves, and Hasbro certainly delivered. We were aso fortunate enough to get guns and alternate heads and hands. He really excelled my expectations. I only wish he had came with his brown frayed boots, but I can certainly forgive that minor detail. Oh, and before I forget, this 2-pack also had Wolverine in a matching uniform from back in the Jim Lee days. He's OK, but too tall from what I can tell. But props to Hasbro for the altenate heads and hands.

Definitely one of, if not my favorite BAFs. The wait of trying to find a 2nd She-Hulk definitely paid off, because I felt like I found the holy grail when I removed the head and neck from their packaging and FINALLY after 5 months of searching, was able to assemble him. He's spectacular; his sculpt, height, and paint job were all extremely well done. He's the best of the best when it comes to Hasbro BAFs. My only, single complaint is that he could've used more articulation. I also sorta wish he had the Jack Kirby eyes had had in prototype pics.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Tie - Black Costume Spider-Man & Wendigo

Since the minute I first saw Black Spidey, I knew I HAD TO have him! (See Best Male Figure for details). As for Wendigo, I've wanted him for a while, and he looks just like the John Byrne version I like so much. His sculpt and paint job is superb. He looks great fighting, Sasquatch, Guardian, and Wolverine.

Best Non-Legends Figure: Spider-Man Classics Spider-Man (With Lamp post)

I didn't pick up McFarlane Spidey as he's known the first time, so it was great to get this much praised version of ol' Web-Head. Kudos to Hasbro for re-releasing him. THe black instead of blus is ok with me; it distinguishes him from the initial relase and reminds me of Erik Larson's rendition of Spidey. My only complaint is with the black on Sppider-Man's eye; it eppears to have been sloppily added.

Best Spidey Animated Figure: Green Goblin

Green Goblin wins simply due to the fact that I don't wanna piss Norman Osborn off, considering his new position in the government these days (See Secret Invasion and any follow up to it). Oh, that and the fact I don't collect the Spectacular Spidey figs.

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure: Hulk (Target Exlusive)

While I never bought this figure, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, considering this is just a re-released Hulk from WAYYYYY back in Series 1. So yeah, he's gonna win this one, plus, he doesn't look like utter gamma irradiated crap like (In my opinion) the other Movie Hulk figs do.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: War Machine

Sure, he shares a lot of the Iron Man sculpt, but he DID come with an arm cannon and gun! Of course he's not called War Machine, but hey, I still think he's pretty bad ass.

Best Accessory: She-Hulk, Hulk Legends

I originally had Silver Savage's weapons, but then I thought: "Hey! Not only did I manage to score Fin Fang Foom's head and neck, I managed to get a free 1st Appearance She-Hulk for my troubles (This was pretty damn hard to find). Thanks, Hasbro!"

Definitely the Dark Kni--Er, wait, you said Marvel movie? Well, in that case, I'd have to go with Iron Man, followed closely by The Incredible Hulk.

Best ML Online exclsuive: AOA Sunfire

Considering the fact that the Savage Land box set was ALSO available at the SDCC, I guess AOA Sunfire wins by default.

Worst ML of 2008: Son of Hulk

Valkyrie, Bi-Beast, and McGuiness Hulk lost out to this chump? Wow, how (Pun intended) Un-Incredible... :hulk: Nuff Said!

Uhhh, is there really any other worthy competition out there? No, didn't think so. Although, the Movie Masters are a close 2nd for me anyway, since aside from ML and other ML related lines (Spidey Classics), Movie Masters Dark Knight toys were the only other toy-line I bought in '08.

Thanks for the positive feedback and your personal picks. While we were a bit limited in Legends in 2008, we did get a few gems. Some of my honorable mentions are: Wendigo (great John Byrne feel), Kang (what happened to his blaster???), Guardian (at last), Spiral ( I normally wouldn't care for her, but she was impressive), and the Hydra Soldier (yep, I actually liked them ... sue me!!)

A category could have been: Best Mold Re-Use because Hasbro seems to love the Bullseye and Silver Surfer bodies.

Figs that I passed up on, but may decide to get : Red Hulk Black Spidey, heck the Red Hulk BAF itself, and maybe the rest of the Hulk Legends.

BTW: The Batpod was a great accessory!

Adam Warlock was not that bad. Not great, but beats Scarlet Spider in a landslide.

The Bi-Beast is a good looking figure, just small in comparison to Hulk Legends figs.

And yeah, the Movie Grey Hulk is impressive, but who needs another Grey Hulk????

And since I tried to make the list based on what I actually own, I did not put Skaar on as the Worst ML of 2008. He is the most un-wanted figure ever!!!!

As stated before, they gave us a scaled down Bi-Beast, and ignored Valkyrie & the Red King for this character? Then they threw that 15 dollar price tag on him and forced you to buy crap just to build Fin Fang Foom. Yeah, we got milked with that particular character.

and to Ninjak: I now own Deathstroke. Good Gosh he is fire!!!!!

Hasbro needs to step it up because if nothing else, the C&C's of DCU (the BAF version for DC) are pretty tight.

Solomon Grundy is the Sentinel of DCU.

I just hope what little we do get of Legends in 2009 is worth it.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Doc samson (hulk)

OOOO, what did i just type, yer i acctually like Doc samson i have wanted this guy for ages and we got him! even if he could have been done a little beter i still like him.

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Elektra (2 packs)

Awsome figure, cool pack ins and just an over all great figure, proud to own her.

Best Marvel Legends, Villain: Wendigo (hulk)

Great figure nice size and makes all my monsters look complete, very well made and nice work on the colour bravo.

Hardest ML to Find: well most of them wal-mart and target exclusives

No wal mart here, target here doesnt seem too order ML and im still finding all the Hulk series but some are not even relesaed here.icon7.gif

Easiest ML to find: Wendigo

Yer here he was acctually easy iv seen atleast 4 at Toys r us.

Best 2-Pack: Elektra and ronin

Fantastic, im a FF fan but realy we got a whole series about em, why 2 packs... could have had so many beter choices. These 2 (ronin and elektra) are awsome great stuff and great figs, nice paint.

No doubt

All Around Favorites of the Year: Wendigo

Once again love this fig great to make versing your other figures like hulk, rulk, Guardian, awsome and makes my monsters looks cool as well.

Best Non-Legends Figure: Spiderman classics Venom (mac)

very cool figure nice size and love the paint work on him.

Best Spidey Animated Figure: PASS

-

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure: the gray

I guess this guy is ok just didnt like the whole line.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Iron monger

Love the character nice figure, prefer the blue one true to comics

Best Accessory: PASS

-

well yer awsome movie even if i do hate iron man

Best ML Online exclsuive: AOA Sunfire

Very cool, even if im still botherin to buy it.

Worst ML of 2008: The end hulk

EVEN though i ahted the whole havin to buy like 5 difrent hulks which was just lame i mean 2-3 would ahve been ok, this guy was prety bad.

Best Competition to ML: spiderman classics

even though we dont get many in a line the figures are well made cool spidey villians, im proud to buy em.

Best Marvel Legends, Male: Guardian

Love it! Finally my Sasquach has a friend... he was so lonely.

Best Marvel Legends, Female: Elektra

They did an excellent job with her. The only thing i could posibly complain about is the "plastic look". Elektra isnt supposed to be shiny. But it was a much needed update. I hated TB's legs on her. And she actually looks fem. now.

Best Marvel Legends, Villain: Spiral

My x-men villains collection is starting to evem out with my x-men collection. Crossbones and wendigo were close runner ups for me. But I'd never heard of either before they were released. Seriously, how often do you se hasbro spending that little extra to add 4 more arms?!

I had to order it from wal-mart.com. It was the same price as in-store and shipping was free. So I cant complain too much. But what right did they have to charge 15 dollars for a 5" figure?

Easiest ML to find: Anything in hulk legends except she-hulk

OMG! I'm tired of looking at them. They went overboard with this hulk business.

we got a much needed update on elektra. one that looks like a female instead of a man with boobs! And a new figure - Ronin! We didnt need an update on cap. ultimate cap or not, Ive got too many caps. And while ult. NF was a great figure... cap pulled this one down. I was super excited to finally get a forge. But at what cost? I validated they're falsified theory of packin in an a-lister to sell a b (well actually c) lister. I am ashamed of myself. And then there was more ff. who actually bought those? I was a completist until those came out. Im on a ff ml strike!

The only actual BAF we got. the others were cool, but as we've all said and read a million times before they were just single figures that wouldnt sell individually.

All Around Favorites of the Year: Skrullektra & Black Wolverine

I love Marvel, but Im an Elektra fan first, so anything having to do with her is my pick of the bunch. And i hate to say that any wolverine was my fav, but this one is as cloe to x-force wolverine as ill ever see.

If only marvel girl 1 & 2 would have come out this last year.

Best Spidey Animated Figure: Tie - I HATE THEM ALL!!!

They all look like mishapen cardboard boxes.

Best Incredible Hulk Movie Figure: see above

I didnt see the need for two seperate hulk lines. (then again i didnt see the need for two seperate ff lines either) Why didnt they do Iron Man Legends? that i could see having 2 lines.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: CAP. ARMOR!

I know it isnt from the actual movie, but it's from the line, and its different. Expands the armor collection.

Best Accessory: Iron-Man's Car

Finally, a 6" scale vehicle. Now if they would just move onto play sets they'd make a killing (from me atleast)

I liked the Hulk movie, but i think it was more action than story. And while i like action, a series of punches and a tear coming out of an eye that looks too much like steven tyler's doesnt make a great movie.

Best ML Online exclsuive:

Savage Land wasnt an online exclusive. It was a sdcc exclusive. Congratulations A.O.A. Sunfire, you win! *cough*by default*cough*

Worst ML of 2008: Wolverine 2 Pack

This is uglier than emma frost. And it looks like a kid made it in the 50s

I wish i liked dc. They atleast Put out merchandise.

to Devilsdue: Yeah dude, I agree: Guardian was a great pick up because Sasquatch was so alone, and Beta Ray Bill was not cutting it!!!

But man, I call the Savage Land set an online exclusive because -* drum roll please *-

even though it was showcased first at SDCC, Hasbro sold it ONLINE. Just like they did AOA Sunfire. If you did not make it to SDCC, the online shop gave you options. Therefore that makes it it an online exclusive if one cannot get it from a local store.

That is how I see it fellas, don't beat me!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Best Marvel Legends, Male: King Hulk

Not that I needed another Hulk but this was pretty much a perfect representation

Lack of swords/acc's is my only complaint here

Long overdue and great retool of Hulkling

Hardest ML to Find: Ares series

found the cardboard display once, managed to snag the series, only ever saw a couple Ben Reilly's after that

Easiest ML to find: maybe Red Hulk Black Spidey

none are really easy to find anymore

Best 2-Pack: Ronin + Elektra

great acc's. Alternate heads and weapons. Great sculpts.

Long wanted BAF. Some missing articulation keeps it from being ....Best Ever.... but one of my favorite things from last year for sure.

All Around Favorites of the Year: King Hulk, Red Hulk, Wendigo, Ronin, Spiral, Crossbones, Ares

Best Non-Legends Figure: Marvel Unleashed Iron Man

I am a sucker for Iron Man armors and while it may be big it works for a Hulk buster armor since this was the only time it was seen.

Best Iron-Man Movie Figure: Silver Centurion (target exclusive)

just a repaint like so many others, but I have always liked this look and with that armor it looks like a great modernization

Best Marvel film of 2008: Hulk

Iron Man was great too. I like the Hulk action scenes more, being most of Iron Man action scenes were just him messing around with his armor. Iron Man 2 should be insane

Best ML Online exclsuive: Savage Land, not sure if that counts since it was a SDCC exculsive, really the only ML online exclusive was Sunfire. Savage Land wins though for no other reason that it is a box set of C listers

Worst ML of 2008: 2 Pack Wolverine or Rulk Wave Wolverine

2 pack Wolvie will be OK if we get other X-men in that costume, specifically Gambit

Rulk Wolvie is a repaint of ML6 Brown Wolvie which is one of my favorites. Something about the positioning of his shoulder pads just drives me nuts though

Best Competition to ML: DCU

I am not a DC fan....I have been pondering drinking the DCU kool-aid for a while though....

:

Now since I included the Brood Queen series, it was easy to add all those corny movie based figures, but to me the Scarlet Spider was the crappiest. At least the Human Torch was done with a new translucent flame look. They gave us 2 extra Spideys outside of all the animated and Heroes & Villains assortment only to make a cheap version of Ben Reilly? Come on Hasbro!!! You could have given us someone different. Don't just milk us for money's sake. How about a Terrax or the Grey Gargoyle? Something?? Naw. we got another default figure just have an "A"-lister on board. Pure crap!!! At least the Black Costumed Spidey from the Red Hulk series was nice.

I gotta disagree with you big time on this. I just got the scarlet spider and its is absolutely amazing.I don't know how you can complain about this fig,it looks great and we never got a scarlet spider in that costume. The black spidey on the other hand, PU, what a total waste of plastic,the toybiz spiderman classics one looks a 1000 times better than that sorry excuse of a fig.

:

Now since I included the Brood Queen series, it was easy to add all those corny movie based figures, but to me the Scarlet Spider was the crappiest. At least the Human Torch was done with a new translucent flame look. They gave us 2 extra Spideys outside of all the animated and Heroes & Villains assortment only to make a cheap version of Ben Reilly? Come on Hasbro!!! You could have given us someone different. Don't just milk us for money's sake. How about a Terrax or the Grey Gargoyle? Something?? Naw. we got another default figure just have an "A"-lister on board. Pure crap!!! At least the Black Costumed Spidey from the Red Hulk series was nice.

I gotta disagree with you big time on this. I just got the scarlet spider and its is absolutely amazing.I don't know how you can complain about this fig,it looks great and we never got a scarlet spider in that costume. The black spidey on the other hand, PU, what a total waste of plastic,the toybiz spiderman classics one looks a 1000 times better than that sorry excuse of a fig.

I don't think the Scarlet Spider is the worst of the year. It's an ok fig. There's just something about it's hand. Too small.

I also don't get all the RULK black spidey love. I mean, it's a really nice looking fig, but it doesn't have enough articulation for a spidey fig. The ankles in particular make it difficult to give it true spidey like poses.

:

I don't think the Scarlet Spider is the worst of the year. It's an ok fig. There's just something about it's hand. Too small.

I also don't get all the RULK black spidey love. I mean, it's a really nice looking fig, but it doesn't have enough articulation for a spidey fig. The ankles in particular make it difficult to give it true spidey like poses.

The Spider-Man Origins/Spider-Man Classics one is the best Black suit Spidey in my opinion

:

Actually, we have gotten a Reilly Spidey before, in the Spider-Man Classics line. It lacked articulation, but it had a way better paint job. Plus the ML Reilly is way too short and the articulation still lacks.