ML Ares Series Availablility

RyanF

This is for all the posters out there who might have more information than I do...

I am located in NE Oklahoma and I have not seen hide nor hair of the Marvel Legends ARES series. I was lucky enough to snag the RED HULK series down at Target before Christmas. (I should also mention I had to purchase the FIN FANG FOOM HULK series on-line and did the Ronin/Elektra two pack buy using site-to-store at Walmart.com.) But I am seeing posts about the series being put on clearance sections and I have not even had an opportunity to buy (or even see!) the series.

Why isn't this series available on line? Either through Hasbro or Wal-Mart, you would think that they would make some sort of appearance on-line, right? I mean without using the obvious overpriced eBay option.

Is there anyone in my area that has seen the Ares series? Does anyone know if or when they might be made available on-line?

Any help would be appreciated.

i think the Ares series is done shipping to stores now, you could get them on BBTS but they are $209 for a case of them

Possibly. Also possible they are making more to ship. The two walmarts near me were completely out of them after Christmas.

Thanks for the help. I looked them up at BBTS but they are listed as a Preorder for the first quarter of 2009. Is it possible that the line just hasn't made it to the center of the country yet? I check darn near everytime I go to my Walmart and we never even had sections for them to sell.

Anyone in Oklahoma had any luck finding them?

i think the Ares series is done shipping to stores now, you could get them on BBTS but they are $209 for a case of them

Possibly. Also possible they are making more to ship. The two walmarts near me were completely out of them after Christmas.

Thanks for the help. I looked them up at BBTS but they are listed as a Preorder for the first quarter of 2009. Is it possible that the line just hasn't made it to the center of the country yet? I check darn near everytime I go to my Walmart and we never even had sections for them to sell.

Anyone in Oklahoma had any luck finding them?

Anything's possible. You can get them cheaper on ebay btw:

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploa...a-11-22-206.jpg

Sounds to me like your area isn't considered a very profitable place for Marvel Legends, and so the retailers don't send much of it out there.

Remember, Wal-Mart is such a huge retail chain that with most exclusives they don't even have enough manufactured to ship to every single store they own. Stores that don't have a good history of selling Marvel Legends are likely not to get any Marvel Legends exclusives.

Thanks for all the information guys. I do not understand why Wal-Mart would not just list these on their website and do site-to-store offers. I've put in email questions to both Hasbro and Wal-Mart but I am not confident on the response. I may have to resort to eBay. But I've got $20.00 that says two days after I make a purchase, they become available on-line...

Just send them an email and tell them you want the items in your local store so you can buy them. Be blunt with it. Dont ask them why they dont have them avail. on site to store. Tell them exactly what you want. Which is more than likely for them to be there asap so you can pick them up. They listen when people get biotchy. Trust me. If you want wal mart to do anything just throw a fit if you want it that bad. its embarassing, sure. But they are more than willing to give you what you want to avoid more conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only are they done shipping to stores, but they're already moving the leftovers to the clearance aisle, at least in the two stores I regularly visit. The MLs aren't actually ON clearance--their price is still the same--but Wal-Mart obviously wanted them banished from their toy shelves and stuck somewhere else in the store.

Not only are they done shipping to stores, but they're already moving the leftovers to the clearance aisle, at least in the two stores I regularly visit. The MLs aren't actually ON clearance--their price is still the same--but Wal-Mart obviously wanted them banished from their toy shelves and stuck somewhere else in the store.

Walmart tends to move their toys to different areas of the store after Christmas so they can re-do the toy section (change the location of stuff; make spaces for things, etc).