Is Marvel Unleashed done too?

LegendsCollector07

We just did our "spring reset" for our toy dept. at wal mart. I did the action figures, (because i asked to so i could give it a once over and see what we're getting) and Marvel Legends 2-packs, Mighty muggs, Wacky wobblers, a ton of hulk movie crap, iron man tie ins, super hero squad, and animated spiderman was all thats on there. No Icons, No unleashed. I had to take what we have in stock off the shelf and mark it down. But thats just one wal mart out of the many many stores that sell toys.

What really frustrates me about them taking out nearly most of the 6 inch, and taking away the icons is that Mattel is making big moves in both departments with DC product not to mention their stuff looks amazing. I thought unleashed was a bad idea to begin with. I thought why doesn't Hasbro just concentrate on the 6 inch stuff, why bring a whole other scale into it?. But the Marvel unleashed Iron Man is an awesome figure it goes great with my Icons Hulk.

I imagine that they probably tanked thats why they are getting rid of them. But when you think about even when Toybiz did any Marvel Legends figs out of the 6 inch scale they really never did that well. Though there are alot of Toybiz Icons fans out there those things sat on the shelves for a really long time.

Wait what is this Marvel Unleased of which you speak? :P

All the 8 inch scale figs that Hasbro made. Mainly alot of Spidey stuff a red suit spidey, a Black Suit Spidey, Doc Otc, Movie Venom, and an Iron with the same costume that was used in the Hulk "Big Things" story line.

you don't really get sarcasm. do you?

I guess this line is finished...It's a shame because I really liked this line. It reminded me of the Sigma Six figures but wither better and more realistic articulation.

I was so hoping to see Unleashed versions of:

Captain America

Cyclops Jim Lee

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

Wolverine

Storm Jim Lee

Spider Woman Jessica Drew

Asgardian Thor

Deadpool

Magneto

MS. Marvel in modern costume

I guess this line is finished...It's a shame because I really liked this line. It reminded me of the Sigma Six figures but wither better and more realistic articulation.

Captain America

Cyclops Jim Lee

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

Wolverine

Storm Jim Lee

Asgardian Thor

Deadpool

Magneto

The just implemented new plan at my Walmart had a space for them and the show some on order so who knows.

GEEK

Wait what is this Marvel Unleased of which you speak? :P

All the 8 inch scale figs that Hasbro made. Mainly alot of Spidey stuff a red suit spidey, a Black Suit Spidey, Doc Otc, Movie Venom, and an Iron with the same costume that was used in the Hulk "Big Things" story line.

you don't really get sarcasm. do you?

I do I just took at quick look at your commment and wrote and answer for it without thinking about it.

Just because it isnt in the wal mart i work in does not mean it is cancelled. it means either 1. it doesnt sell well in our store (we've had to same three iron man figures since we got them. Im the only one whos bought one.)2. they dont have room for it over the other hordes of toys. We get in merchandise all the time that has no permanent place. We could get more of them still. If and when we do they'll mark them back up to the original p.o.s. and find a place to put them.

Just because it isnt in the wal mart i work in does not mean it is cancelled. it means either 1. it doesnt sell well in our store (we've had to same three iron man figures since we got them. Im the only one whos bought one.)2. they dont have room for it over the other hordes of toys. We get in merchandise all the time that has no permanent place. We could get more of them still. If and when we do they'll mark them back up to the original p.o.s. and find a place to put them.

I was saying it was done because Hasbro hasn't slated new product for Unleashed since the summer also with them doing away with most of the 6 inch product and all 12 inch product to make room for MU that the line must be done. Plus it didn't sell that well.

Captain America

Cyclops Jim Lee

Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

Wolverine

Storm Jim Lee

Asgardian Thor

Deadpool

Magneto

The just implemented new plan at my Walmart had a space for them and the show some on order so who knows.

GEEK

if they have them on order they will be the iron man more than likely.

For anyone not familiar with the Unleashed figures. Here are a couple of pics of the comic book version of Spider-Man Unleashed.

The Unleashed figs are bigger than MLs and they have articulation similar to GI Joe Sigma 6 figures.

3218991416_90f3ca63e8_o.jpg

Here is a side-by-side size comparison of Spidey Unleashed and a SMC 12 Spidey.

3218991876_c84c93475a_o.jpg

well after all the hulk toys just got deleted (hooray!) they added space for "spider man heroes" which i assume will be the smc line. and a space for single carded ml, which could be just a way to sell through what we already have, and they added unleashed back to the mod. though i doubt it will happen, hasbro might surprise us.

I was thinking that Icons and Unleashed would be a great way to get those larger characters since the BAF is gone. An Unleashed Zaax, Modern Hulkbuster Iron Man, Crimson Dynamo, or even Thanos. If they really want to blow Mattel out of the water with thier super hero figs would be to put more effort into six inch ML, and use Icons and Unleashed to release those big figures. Collectors overall would eat it up I think.