what makes a "marvel legend??"

resident73

Ok, ok folks, I'm not asking for the next wish list, line up etc.. (for that already has been done to death before). the question I've been pondering about & now I put to you is as follows : a LEGEND is a remarkable story/myth on an event or person, right?

So with that in mind we have a range of marvel characters, correct?, but why is it the main stream characters are flogged to death? ie- wolverine, spider man, fantastic four

Anyhow I digress, I'm curious as to what particular marvel character should be a marvel legend & why, no it doesn't mean a wish list like I said before.

For me, luke cage is one for being a hero of the late 60s/70s & all that jibe, shang chi for representing mainstream karate, thor for tying in viking/norsefolklore into comics

So with that in mind perhaps recall a story from a particular marvel comic that makes that character display legend like qualities?, hmmmm? deathlok?

A "legend" is exactly that. A "Marvel Legend" is a toy line that was intended to make money by putting characters who the company thinks will sell well. Including characters that will be flogged to death. And Union Jack. Any character can be a Marvel Legend and long as Hasbro (or Wal-Mart) thinks it will sell. I remember Luke Cage warming the pegs though at Toys R Us though. I don't think he even sold on clearance :p

Yeah nobody wanted anything to do with that POS Luke Cage. He was like emma Frost but uglier.

When ML started it was going to be top tier charcters in their most iconic look. Since then too man bottom feeder charcters like x-23 and Danger have been made. There are still tons of great characters to get to and looks of top tier characters to be re done in different costumes. There is no real excuse for Hasbro to stop making ML. If they were to get their act together there are still lots of figures to be made that could sell through to any Demo.

well the question is easy. TOYBIZ made marvel legends what it is.

HASBRO, doesnt realy know what they do. sad because a lot of peaple had high hopes on hasbro.

Hasbro didn't make that crappy Luke Cage.

what was the problem with cage?

It's U-G-L-Y and it aint got no alibi.

I just don't like it at all. I think it's the worst of the TB figs (that comes to mind right now).

And I'm not saying Hasbro is better than TB or anything. I'm just saying TB wasn't perfect.

wtf?! this isn't suppose to be a pay out on luke cage lol

what marvel character fits the legends bill is the question here folks, would franklin richards be one? lol

I'm curious as to what particular comics ppl have read & why that particular character should be a "legends" figure, or to ppl here collect them any figure on the basis of how cool it looks, style & price???

this should be an interesting discussion, i hope? : )

well the question is easy. TOYBIZ made marvel legends what it is.

HASBRO, doesnt realy know what they do. sad because a lot of peaple had high hopes on hasbro.

Hasbro didn't make that crappy Luke Cage.

what was the problem with cage?

It's U-G-L-Y and it aint got no alibi.

I just don't like it at all. I think it's the worst of the TB figs (that comes to mind right now).

And I'm not saying Hasbro is better than TB or anything. I'm just saying TB wasn't perfect.

he looked like cage to me. as i recall, most of that wave warmed pegs.

this is dumn

Thanks for that insightful, misspelled comment. Say hi to Chad Michael Murray if you see him.

sorry i meant dumb .and about the chad michael murray thing i actually i can i live in wilmington nc where they film one tree hill ive met him several times next time i do ill pass ur lil message lol

sorry i meant dumb .and about the chad michael murray thing i actually i can i live in wilmington nc where they film one tree hill ive met him several times next time i do ill pass ur lil message lol

I know. Thats why I mentioned him. :smile: I used to work on the show, back here in CA.

omg thats so cool what did u do?

Post production. I worked with the editors and the sound people. But the writers were right next door. They write it here, film it in NC, and then ship the film back to us to process. I was the guy that delivered the final show to CW to air. But then I moved onto a different show (Pushing Daisies) and that got cancelled. So now I have lots of free time to dally on the interwebs.

Post production. I worked with the editors and the sound people. But the writers were right next door. They write it here, film it in NC, and then ship the film back to us to process. I was the guy that delivered the final show to CW to air. But then I moved onto a different show (Pushing Daisies) and that got cancelled. So now I have lots of free time to dally on the interwebs.

omg that is so cool i want to do somthin like that some day .cool