How come there aren't any Marvel product spies?

clonekiller72

In the weeks before Toy Fare and NYCC it is very common to have some form of rumors/spoilers for new product. Already GI Joe rumors have spilled regarding a new "PITT" playset for $100, and Star Wars product list have been formulated including a $100 TurboTank, so why not Marvel stuff?

Are we as a collecting community not intrenched enough with Hasbro's Marvel peopel to get rumor leaks?

Are Hasbro's Marvel guys better at keeping a secret than the other departments?

Not to :spidey_deadtopic: , but is there nothing in store? I hope not.

It just seems that usually by this time there's someone out there who leaks some rumors of what to expect, and that info teases/carries us until Toyfare.

Now maybe the Wolverine Origins stuff could count as rumor, but that was already spilled quite some time ago, and there's gotta be something juicier than this on the horizon.

Obviously there's all the Nemisis & 2-pack B.S. and delays that we still haven't heard about, so you'd think there'd be someone who knows someone who knows something out there somewhere. But maybe not.

That being said, Hasbro's European Toyfare pamplet didn't even mention anything marvel related, while other brands featured news and new product. They didn't even promote 3 3/4 on it, which I found odd.

What to you think? Where are our spies?

According to Hasbro, They have this "Plan". Surely someone out there has the goods right?

Cause damn, this news seems locked up tighter than the fifth cylon in Battlestar.

UPDATE: even Star Trek is doing the upcomming product reveal thing, check it out.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/200...trek-toys_N.htm

First of all Hasbro wasn't leaking info to anyone. Those so called rumors usualy come from A.) Asian dealers. B.) Retailers Lists or C.) other country Toy Fairs that take place befor the U.S.

Sometimes when a movie is involved larger media outlets like USA Today will get exclusives like with the Star Trek link above.

You have gotten leaks for Marvel from the asian dealers with the X-Men Origins and X-Men animated stuff and we already seen the first two waves of of Fury Files which havent even hit shelves yet and the next wave of Marvel Legend 2-packs with the Iron Man stuff.

Sure hasbro leaks info. You just have to know the right people. I have a buddy who works it the industry, he knows alot of people on the Star Wars and Transformers production teams and depending on what toys he's selling them, he gets good news. Some, he's sworn to secrecy on, others he leaks.

Back scratching can go a long way.

It's a shame he doesn't have any interest in Marvel product or he'd try to worm his way into that team as well.

Point is leaks do happen when you know the right people. Unfortunatly since the TB switch I have no idea who the right people are.

Sure hasbro leaks info. You just have to know the right people. I have a buddy who works it the industry, he knows alot of people on the Star Wars and Transformers production teams and depending on what toys he's selling them, he gets good news. Some, he's sworn to secrecy on, others he leaks.

Back scratching can go a long way.

It's a shame he doesn't have any interest in Marvel product or he'd try to worm his way into that team as well.

Point is leaks do happen when you know the right people. Unfortunatly since the TB switch I have no idea who the right people are.

Actually no they don't.

If Hasbro gives out info, it's a "release" not a "leak."

If guys on the "teams" are giving out info they're not supposed to and it makes it to the public, then they could get fired because they probably have signed non-disclosure agreements. I would imagine in the present economy, they're being more tight-lipped than ever, which may account for the seeming lack of news on a variety of lines.

As for Marvel in specific: I seem to recall that last year the Ares wave was a very pleasant surprise when they unveiled it at SDCC (and it ended up on store shelves just a couple or three months later). Maybe folks need to have a tiny bit of faith that Hasbro might have some more surprises in store for the 6" fans.

:rolleyes:

If Hasbro gives out info, it's a "release" not a "leak."

If guys on the "teams" are giving out info they're not supposed to and it makes it to the public, then they could get fired because they probably have signed non-disclosure agreements. I would imagine in the present economy, they're being more tight-lipped than ever, which may account for the seeming lack of news on a variety of lines.

As for Marvel in specific: I seem to recall that last year the Ares wave was a very pleasant surprise when they unveiled it at SDCC (and it ended up on store shelves just a couple or three months later). Maybe folks need to have a tiny bit of faith that Hasbro might have some more surprises in store for the 6" fans.

Whooh. Wait a minute. Faith in Hasbro's Marvel department. Now that's a stretch. :rolleyes:

That being said, I hope they do "pull an Ares" on us. And a Polaris, Firestar, Wrecking Crew, Alpha Flight and Thunderbolts while they're at it. :wink:

(actually, marvel has been kinda nice regarding the Thunderbolts characters considering that most of the are Dark Avengers now, using costumes that already exist (or minor customizations) for the most part.)

And the fear of loosing thier jobs is a very valid reason, as I said before it was MUCH easier in the Toy Biz days for me personally to get information. I always knew what was coming, just didn't have a forum to leak it to at the time cause I didn't do the board thing back then. That being said there's always the chats that occur between friends in the industry. Just now there's respect for the other person and thier livelyhood.

That being said, I hope they do "pull an Ares" on us. And a Polaris, Firestar, Wrecking Crew, Alpha Flight and Thunderbolts while they're at it. :wink:

Hey now, I said a tiny bit of faith. We can all hope for the best, but I don't think anyone should be expecting a full-on resurgence of the 6" line. I'll be happy with another wave or two or three of 2-packs and maybe some other sort of retailer exclusive wave or waves (which they seemed to be hinting around in their last Q&A). Just some solid signs that Marvel Legends aren't completely going away.

Hey now, I said a tiny bit of faith. We can all hope for the best, but I don't think anyone should be expecting a full-on resurgence of the 6" line. I'll be happy with another wave or two or three of 2-packs and maybe some other sort of retailer exclusive wave or waves (which they seemed to be hinting around in their last Q&A). Just some solid signs that Marvel Legends aren't completely going away.

Yeah, realistically that's all we can hope for. Just as long as we get something beyond nemesis and the 2nd wave of 2-packs. Cause if they show Nemesis again it'll be a giant slap to the face while getting kicked in the nards.

But I totally agree, some sign that Hasbro still is planning ML's. Supposedly they have thier secret plan, I hope it's a good one.

All we need now are some bothans, maybe The SpyMaster, or Soundwave to sneak us some info. Not to spoil, but to give that glimmer of hope.