Series 2 of MU coming soon at HTS

clonekiller72

Thanks for the heads up clonekiller72. Im glad you are excited for the MU figs like me. :tongue:

I wouldn't say excited per se'. I'm a Marvel fan and love giving them my money, but I'll only fully commit to the MU if ML is continued.

They should be able to co-exist, and help promote each other.

But I do like the Cap, I just wish it had the wings. They've never bothered me like they do some people. Heck put a variant out there. Mixing 616 and Ult. ain't right.

Well, that was the nail in the coffin. They're on something if they think I'm paying 7.99 for half the fig I'm used to lol. I was sitting on the fence about these little guys but no more. If 6" is out (which it looks like it may be seeing as they'd be stupid to continue with figures that are twice as tall for $2 more). So am I. And yes I know it's not technically half the figure I'm losing, but I could care. $6 a pop... would be stretching it. lol $7.99. DC will get my occasional $10.

Well, that was the nail in the coffin. They're on something if they think I'm paying 7.99 for half the fig I'm used to lol. I was sitting on the fence about these little guys but no more. If 6" is out (which it looks like it may be seeing as they'd be stupid to continue with figures that are twice as tall for $2 more). So am I. And yes I know it's not technically half the figure I'm losing, but I could care. $6 a pop... would be stretching it. lol $7.99. DC will get my occasional $10.

so that means that you dont collect any 3 3/4 figs, right. all of them are going to be between 7-8.00. ml even went to 11.00, and they now want you to pay that price with no baf included. you guys better get on a float before the parade passes.

so that means that you dont collect any 3 3/4 figs, right. all of them are going to be between 7-8.00. ml even went to 11.00, and they now want you to pay that price with no baf included. you guys better get on a float before the parade passes.

He ain't gonna be collecting DC, either, unless he's talking about the 3 3/4" Infinite Heroes: DC Universe Classics is up to $11 ($10.99) or $12 ($11.88) at every retailer in my area.

Anyone that thinks single-packed Marvel Legends (if they were still coming out) would still be getting sold at $9.99 apiece this year really hasn't been paying attention to the toy market. Or even remembering what the Fin Fang Foom wave cost last year.

All I have to say is the more I hear about MU the more frustrated I get about ML. I keep seeing DC Universe stuff and see how well its improving while ML is pushed under the rug with Hasbro. Mattel does the little guys too along with the 6 inch guys. But as you can see with Mattel those little guys usually don't sell I see the same thing happening with Marvel Universe. If Hasbro keeps the consistent effort that they put in with the Fin Fang Foom, Red Hulk, and Ares waves they would have no problem selling. It looks like ML did well that last half of the year. Why throw it under the rug on a hunch you could make more money by using less plastic. You have to spend to make Mattel understands that and are pushes the envelope with their DCUC line.

All I have to say is the more I hear about MU the more frustrated I get about ML. I keep seeing DC Universe stuff and see how well its improving while ML is pushed under the rug with Hasbro. Mattel does the little guys too along with the 6 inch guys. But as you can see with Mattel those little guys usually don't sell I see the same thing happening with Marvel Universe. If Hasbro keeps the consistent effort that they put in with the Fin Fang Foom, Red Hulk, and Ares waves they would have no problem selling. It looks like ML did well that last half of the year. Why throw it under the rug on a hunch you could make more money by using less plastic. You have to spend to make Mattel understands that and are pushes the envelope with their DCUC line.

we cant say that. ml has had a 7-8 year run, where as dcuc hasnt been around but a couple of years. sure they had dcsh, but thats DC's equivalent to the original smc line that pre dates legends. as far as money goes.....we just dont spend enough. i remember the complaints about the lack of 2nd rate characters, then i remember everyone complaining about the waves that contained 2nd raters. HML 1, 2, 3 flopped big time, where as their "child aimed" products(IM movie, indy, hulk, trans) moved triple to quadruple the amount of units than any ML series hasbro has ever produced. i know you guys are going to disagree, but watch the MU figs sell better for hasbro than MLs did. i rather have 6", but hey....what can ya do?

He ain't gonna be collecting DC, either, unless he's talking about the 3 3/4" Infinite Heroes: DC Universe Classics is up to $11 ($10.99) or $12 ($11.88) at every retailer in my area.

Anyone that thinks single-packed Marvel Legends (if they were still coming out) would still be getting sold at $9.99 apiece this year really hasn't been paying attention to the toy market. Or even remembering what the Fin Fang Foom wave cost last year.

FFF wave was Hulk Legends. Most of the figs were larger than standard ML figs. The pieces for FFF were bigger than any other BAF. That's why they sold at 14.99. The Rulk wave probably sold for the same because either A) Target execs are greedy aholes or B) A + they made a mistake (because a couple months later, they were back down to 9.99).

I'm sure MLs this year will be over $10. Looks like Walmart will have them for $10.44.

I have no problem with the DC or ML prices. I just don't like the 3 3/4" prices. Too much for the little buggers. Not knocking the line, I was about to leave it up to a coin toss whether I started with those, but the realization sank in. I'm not saving enough money to justify starting over again. If this is the end of the road so be it. I started about when Hasbro did, and worked my way back. Had Hasbro started in with these little guys I may have given it some more consideration. But if this is to be the end then so be it. Been an awesome hobby and had some fun collecting characters I never owned as a kid. Who knows, I may see them in stores and get curious. But as it stands, I collect Marvel Legends and the occasional DC Universe character (only wanna complete the League and the Legion as I remember them as a kid with Super Friends lol *crosses fingers for Build a Blip*)

FFF wave was Hulk Legends. Most of the figs were larger than standard ML figs. The pieces for FFF were bigger than any other BAF. That's why they sold at 14.99. The Rulk wave probably sold for the same because either A) Target execs are greedy aholes or B) A + they made a mistake (because a couple months later, they were back down to 9.99).

I'm sure MLs this year will be over $10. Looks like Walmart will have them for $10.44.

so....you believe in magic, huh? hasbro was FOS when they spiked the price of the hulk legends.... foom was only 3 inches bigger than giantman. plus the figs are out of scale for the most part.

so....you believe in magic, huh? hasbro was FOS when they spiked the price of the hulk legends.... foom was only 3 inches bigger than giantman. plus the figs are out of scale for the most part.

Again, Hulk Legends are (for the most part) larger than standard HMLs. Giantman was Toybiz; FFF is Hasbro; 2 different companies; The waves are also separated by years.

The pegs for SMC at Walmart are 10.44. The Ares wave was 10.44 at my walmart. The two packs on Hasbrotoyshop.com are 19.99 which is less than $10 per fig. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the price of the next ML wave will be in walmart, but I'm confident it will be around $11 and I'm fine with that.

(course, I also bought the friggin Rulk wave for 14.99 per fig so I'd probably still buy em if they are as good as the Ares or Rulk wave even at that price)

Again, Hulk Legends are (for the most part) larger than standard HMLs. Giantman was Toybiz; FFF is Hasbro; 2 different companies; The waves are also separated by years.

The pegs for SMC at Walmart are 10.44. The Ares wave was 10.44 at my walmart. The two packs on Hasbrotoyshop.com are 19.99 which is less than $10 per fig. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the price of the next ML wave will be in walmart, but I'm confident it will be around $11 and I'm fine with that.

(course, I also bought the friggin Rulk wave for 14.99 per fig so I'd probably still buy em if they are as good as the Ares or Rulk wave even at that price)

i dont mean to be rude, but you sound kind of silly. NONE of the hulk figs in that wave werent any bigger than any other hulk figs EVER PRODUCED in ML history. so, please.....stop acting as if hasbro sold you somethig that justifies a 5.00 spike because of size, because they didnt. the 10.00 she hulk was bigger that the 15.00 one, king hulk ($15) is the same size as the planet hulk($10). the grey hulk ($15) was about the same size as FA hulk($10) doc samson is the same size as hml 2 she hulk, and wendigo is smaller that the previously released sasquach/snowbird. so....that seems like hasbro magic too me. as far as 2 packs go....shop much? 2 packs are 22.00 on hasbro.com, and if they were 19.99, how is that less than $10 a fig? as far as toy biz and hasbro being 2 different companies, youre right! TB would've just raised the price of all legends, or just left them the same. either way, im willing to bet that they wouldnt of raised the price 5.00 be cause the baf is 2" taller, or the figs are an inch bigger. but hey....believe what you will.

I would like to note, for the record, that it was Toy Biz that initially started "downsizing" the build-a-figures (for pricing reasons, at that). They also did not lower the price of their figures when they did this. In short...collectors were getting less product for the same amount of money.

But people weren't complaining about that, because it's a "stealth" price increase. Arguably, you see the same thing with the Hasbro 2-packs. No BAF pieces but better accessories, and less costly packaging/shipping (It's nearly always less per-figure to pack and ship figs together rather than individually), all had for roughly the same price as individual MLs were going for prior to the end of the mass-retail BAF lines.

actually there were a ton of people complaining when ToyBiz started making the smaller BAFs in the last 3 waves. and yes ToyBiz was going to raise their prices before Hasbro took over

right. but the price increase that was going to be made by TB wasnt going to be hidden, they were just going up in price the same as everything does. and i bet that the increase wasnt going to be 5.00 a fig. my point is this: hasbro spiked the price of the foom wave because of the size of the baf, when they didnt have to. foom wasnt all that big compaired to the bigger bafs, and the excuse hasbro used is just that....an excuse.

i dont mean to be rude, but you sound kind of silly. NONE of the hulk figs in that wave werent any bigger than any other hulk figs EVER PRODUCED in ML history. so, please.....stop acting as if hasbro sold you somethig that justifies a 5.00 spike because of size, because they didnt. the 10.00 she hulk was bigger that the 15.00 one, king hulk ($15) is the same size as the planet hulk($10). the grey hulk ($15) was about the same size as FA hulk($10) doc samson is the same size as hml 2 she hulk, and wendigo is smaller that the previously released sasquach/snowbird. so....that seems like hasbro magic too me. as far as 2 packs go....shop much? 2 packs are 22.00 on hasbro.com, and if they were 19.99, how is that less than $10 a fig? as far as toy biz and hasbro being 2 different companies, youre right! TB would've just raised the price of all legends, or just left them the same. either way, im willing to bet that they wouldnt of raised the price 5.00 be cause the baf is 2" taller, or the figs are an inch bigger. but hey....believe what you will.

Hasbro ML != Toybiz ML

You can compare Hulk Legends (which aren't MLs btw, they are HLs) to TB MLs if you want, but when did that company stop producing MLs? When did Hasbro start? It's called inflation. Plus, it's apparent Hasbro has a different price point and strategy.

Doc Sampson may be as big as HML She-Hulk, but you have to look at the whole line. On average, the entire HL line is larger than any other line. There are more large figs in it than any other line...ever.

How about I believe what I will and you continue to live in 2006.

Hasbro ML != Toybiz ML

You can compare Hulk Legends (which aren't MLs btw, they are HLs) to TB MLs if you want, but when did that company stop producing MLs? When did Hasbro start? It's called inflation. Plus, it's apparent Hasbro has a different price point and strategy.

Doc Sampson may be as big as HML She-Hulk, but you have to look at the whole line. On average, the entire HL line is larger than any other line. There are more large figs in it than any other line...ever.

How about I believe what I will and you continue to live in 2006.

hey! you chose to step in with your opinion. which yo totally have a right to, but no one ever told you to tell me what you believe. so if you didnt want to have this convo, then you shouldnt've responded. 2006? listen...i read hasbro's q&a's. i remember the "cause of action" being "did you see foom!, he was huge!" they've used oil prices as an excuse, size as an excuse, hell...i can on forever.

inflation? how? if it was caused by inflation, then why didnt the price stay up? and please...stop with the petty "they wernt ml, they were hl. like it a freakin difference. theyre in the same blister, made buy the same company. when you asked hasbro about marvel legends during and before sdcc 08, they brought up the foom wave. when the foom wave was out on shelves, why didnt they release the ares wave as well? ill tell you...because the foom wave WAS the ML line for that period. point is, giving you a remold of planet hulk, a green shanna fig, and a baf thats like 2 inches bigger doesnt justify a 5.00 increase. this is the only company that releases compatible figures, and spikes the price because of an inch.

actually there were a ton of people complaining when ToyBiz started making the smaller BAFs in the last 3 waves. and yes ToyBiz was going to raise their prices before Hasbro took over

right. but the price increase that was going to be made by TB wasnt going to be hidden, they were just going up in price the same as everything does. and i bet that the increase wasnt going to be 5.00 a fig. my point is this: hasbro spiked the price of the foom wave because of the size of the baf, when they didnt have to. foom wasnt all that big compaired to the bigger bafs, and the excuse hasbro used is just that....an excuse.

Yeah you're right. I'm not saying anything about a $5 increase from ToyBiz or hidden costs, just responding to Jmacq's statement. And sure, Hasbro didn't have to raise their prices on the Foom wave and wanted to blame oil, but either way they're in the business to make money so if they wanna jack up the prices $5 and we wanna buy them then more power to them. I wish we could still get 6 figures and a Sentinel or Apocalypse for $50 but now we're getting 8 figures and Ares for $80 and 8 figures w/ foom for $120+. If Toybiz could've done a 12" Foom like the Icons it would've been like 15 bucks. Times have changed. Whether oil goes up or down toy prices will not decrease in MSRP unless a store decides to clearance them. They'll continue to price figures at what they think the majority of the people are willing to pay and if they don't sell well they will most likely just drop the line altogether. But I digress...

Yeah you're right. I'm not saying anything about a $5 increase from ToyBiz or hidden costs, just responding to Jmacq's statement. And sure, Hasbro didn't have to raise their prices on the Foom wave and wanted to blame oil, but either way they're in the business to make money so if they wanna jack up the prices $5 and we wanna buy them then more power to them. I wish we could still get 6 figures and a Sentinel or Apocalypse for $50 but now we're getting 8 figures and Ares for $80 and 8 figures w/ foom for $120+. If Toybiz could've done a 12" Foom like the Icons it would've been like 15 bucks. Times have changed. Whether oil goes up or down toy prices will not decrease in MSRP unless a store decides to clearance them. They'll continue to price figures at what they think the majority of the people are willing to pay and if they don't sell well they will most likely just drop the line altogether. But I digress...

well, its common sense that everythig will go up in price, and nothing ever stays the same, but i was just pointing out hasbro's b.s. i except the price raise.... i just know b.s. when i hear it. just because you accept the action, doesnt mean you have to accept the reason.

All I can say is that we all know we dislike the price increase, and we all can do nothing to stop it. Arguing why it happened or who's fault it is isn't going to make the price go down unfortunately. I would give away my entire Transformers collection to ensure that MLs stayed at $7.00 a figure like before, but I can't. I would love to be ensured ongoing $7.00 6" figures, but I can't. It's not all Hasbro's fault, it's mostly inflation. But Hasbro did go a little too drastic. Here, in an average Indiana Wal-Mart, the Ares Series is $15.00 a figure. Is it worth it? No. But I love MLs that much and I think Hasbro is making a mistake by cancelling them. And it's not ToyBiz's at all, even if they were to raise the prices later. I have no problem with the release of the 3.75" figures. What I have a problem with is the possible cancellation of the better figures. Since 2001, collectors have been displaying and kids have been playing with the 6" figures we know and love. And now, that is ending. Why? Because some people at Hasbro are just too smart for our own good. No, that wasn't a typo.

All I can say is that we all know we dislike the price increase, and we all can do nothing to stop it. Arguing why it happened or who's fault it is isn't going to make the price go down unfortunately. I would give away my entire Transformers collection to ensure that MLs stayed at $7.00 a figure like before, but I can't. I would love to be ensured ongoing $7.00 6" figures, but I can't. It's not all Hasbro's fault, it's mostly inflation. But Hasbro did go a little too drastic. Here, in an average Indiana Wal-Mart, the Ares Series is $15.00 a figure. Is it worth it? No. But I love MLs that much and I think Hasbro is making a mistake by cancelling them. And it's not ToyBiz's at all, even if they were to raise the prices later. I have no problem with the release of the 3.75" figures. What I have a problem with is the possible cancellation of the better figures. Since 2001, collectors have been displaying and kids have been playing with the 6" figures we know and love. And now, that is ending. Why? Because some people at Hasbro are just too smart for our own good. No, that wasn't a typo.

you are true...this debate is pointless.

Yes it is, and it's technically spam considering it has nothing to do with MU series 2.

Yes it is, and it's technically spam considering it has nothing to do with MU series 2.

okay already!(lol)