Jesse Falcon promises more 6" ML

clonekiller72

now jesse also said a year back that the legends will be bettter, no? there will be more waves, no? more washpaintings, no? he also said that they listen to the fans, no? jesse hasnt anything much to say, now that he is with hasbro. just look at the figs. hasbro always brings jesse to talk when a lot of peaple begin to wake up and smel the crap hasbro delivers. everytime when the complainometer grows higher "boum" here comes jesse with the voice of reason. funny no?

jesse was the voice of toybiz and i believed everything he said. he was just as the fans and he talked to us all. now that he is with hasbro and seeing how they use him is just below everything. sorry jesse but i dont trust your words that much lately. thats how i see it. as always, i hope i am wrong about this but hasbro let me down more then ones, so why should i trust those words now?

oh and i got the new hasbro listings today and guess what? not one legend wave is listed for europe. last year we got half of a marvel legends hulk wave and this year, we cant even build that damn dragon because they dont deliver the rest of the wave. great no?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could not say it better but if some has to get then marvel select. my opinion.

Marvel Select is good, but they're not mass-retail. If Marvel gave them the Legends license, they'd have to expand to become mass retail, and then Marvel's in the exact same situation they were in with Toy Biz, basically...actually even worse because Marvel would basically be paying out of their own pockets to expand Marvel Select (So massive up-front costs). Plus, I guarantee the quality would go down, because once you start going into the mass retail arena, you've got to start thinking about the exact same kinds of cost-saving measures that Toy Biz and Hasbro implemented over the life of the line to try to keep things down.

Unless you're suggesting they just shift MLs to a purely "collectors only" line that only pops up in specialty shops and puts out one figure every couple of months. I wouldn't have a problem with that, really, but I suspect some other people would, particularly since they'd likely bump up to $15-$20 dollars a figure (direct market/specialty item markup).

The crux of the matter is, Marvel wants the mass retail money from the marvel-based toys...they just don't want to have to do all the dirty work themselves. So they license it to Hasbro, who's pretty much the number one "boys toy" maker on the planet.

i could not say it better but if some has to get then marvel select. my opinion.

Marvel Select is good, but they're not mass-retail. If Marvel gave them the Legends license, they'd have to expand to become mass retail, and then Marvel's in the exact same situation they were in with Toy Biz, basically...actually even worse because Marvel would basically be paying out of their own pockets to expand Marvel Select (So massive up-front costs). Plus, I guarantee the quality would go down, because once you start going into the mass retail arena, you've got to start thinking about the exact same kinds of cost-saving measures that Toy Biz and Hasbro implemented over the life of the line to try to keep things down.

Unless you're suggesting they just shift MLs to a purely "collectors only" line that only pops up in specialty shops and puts out one figure every couple of months. I wouldn't have a problem with that, really, but I suspect some other people would, particularly since they'd likely bump up to $15-$20 dollars a figure (direct market/specialty item markup).

The crux of the matter is, Marvel wants the mass retail money from the marvel-based toys...they just don't want to have to do all the dirty work themselves. So they license it to Hasbro, who's pretty much the number one "boys toy" maker on the planet.

i would love that, that they are just focused to collectors. i would not have to buy so many paint. i look at the motuc figures. i got them and i love them. the funny thing is that when i order from marvel select threw previews, i get my figure with no problems and sometimes even cheaper then the legendsand with just a delay of 3 weeks after the us release. i dont buy entire waves of legends figures anymore because well, they dont look good. now the only way to get some exclusive figures is ebay for me. i get figs like crossbones, warlock, skaar the ones that hasnt a figure yet. ebay is scalper heaven but hell. i love marvel and since i repaint my figs, i order them and do them better. now doesnt marvel select has a deal with toysrus? i know that recently they did a deal toysrus. toysrus is a little for the masses no? but you are absolutly right about the license, i mean action figures come and go and collectors too. as long as hasbro promesses millions then marvel will go along sadly. i guess i would do the same anyway :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

You really think Hasbro's going to lose the license at the end of that three years?

Mattel? Wee bit of conflict of interest given that they're already in bed with Marvel's corporate rival. Who's left? More importantly, who's left that can still produce a decent level of quality and a strong level of distribution to mass retail outlets?

I'd say McFarlane Toys can give Hasbro a run for their money. The Halo 2 figures has better design, articulation, sculpt and paint apps. And this at a smaller scale 5". I wonder what they could come up with at 6".

You really think Hasbro's going to lose the license at the end of that three years?

Mattel? Wee bit of conflict of interest given that they're already in bed with Marvel's corporate rival. Who's left? More importantly, who's left that can still produce a decent level of quality and a strong level of distribution to mass retail outlets?

I'd say McFarlane Toys can give Hasbro a run for their money. The Halo 2 figures has better design, articulation, sculpt and paint apps. And this at a smaller scale 5". I wonder what they could come up with at 6".

McFarlane toys has made all of one decently poseable line in their entire existence. Also, given that McFarlane himself is a direct competitor with Marvel (if not a terribly viable one)...don't see that happening anytime soon, no.

Plus, but most accounts, the poor economy is hitting McFarlane Toys hard.

I was reading an article on a recent toyfare where Hasbro previewed their 3/34" figures and when asked about 6" BAF waves they replied that they didn't have any planned this year, their focus would be the 3/34" but they have plans for 2 packs and multipacks(Shang Hi and Winter Soldier were mentioned as possible ideas for this years 6" figures) But no BAF this year, which means I'll have to wait till next year to see if I get my dream High Evolutionary BAF. Hopefully Jesse Falcon will steer them in the right direction.

i read that in toyfare also. i would LOVE a winter soldier ML! because i still havent quite accepted him as cap. in my MU, cap is still alive and kicking. (whenever i get my mits on a FO cap, that is...)

although the new cap would look bitchin as a metallic painted ML. i'll give it that.

oh and my vote for companies other than hasbro getting marvel (like that would EVER happen)

how about jakks pacific? the new UFC figures look friggin amazing!

and how many of us customizers already have a jakks pacific modern luke cage? lol

sooooo... yeah... can we PLEASE get a hasbro 6 inch deadpool already?!?!?!?!!!?!???!?

i'm jazzed about the 3 3/4" DP (lol does wade realize his initials are a bit naughty? lol) but a 6 inch DP that does not cost as much as a lawn mower would be nice.

Honestly, if they make a new series, I'd be okay with the BAF leaving. I just hope they would make NO duplicate figures from either TB or Hasbro. I want NEW characters!!! No more Iron Man, Hulk, Spidey, Cap, or any other dupe they think of.

Ehn...they're always going to give out some duplicates. That's just the way the toy business works these days. A select few re-releases wouldn't be bad: Face-Off Cap and Deadpool, Maybe some of the characters from the second Face-Off wave (which was relatively scarce), and a "New Captain America" figure would be great (though arguably he's a different character), as well as an accurate "modern Iron Man." Bonus for Hasbro: Pack "New Cap" and "Winter Soldier" together and you only need one "Unmasked" head for both of them!

There are definitely some other characters I wouldn't mind seeing redone, but it should be a healthy mix of retools/re-releases/repaints with new characters altogether.

Plus, you just know Wal-Mart ain't gonna buy the line if there's no Cap, Wolverine, Iron Man, or Spider-Man in it....

I've had a feeling, and it may be wrong, but I've had a feeling that some if not all of the future 6" MLs will be upscaled versions of the new MU line molds. They did after all scale down 12" ers to the ML line... and those were all horribly undersized. If this does happen, I hope they can do a better job of keeping them at 6" ML scale.

And please keep in mind that product development occurs much further out than when you and I hear of upcoming waves. So please don't reply back and say something like, 'well the new two packs and Nemesis wave aren't current MU figs'. So, if we were to see this, it would be further down the line.

Well, there may be a rumor regarding Three parks that I've heard recently, granted it's an online source, so take it or leave it. I prefer to dream about the possibilities. A Bucky, Winter Soldier, New Cap sounds great for me. I'd throw down 30 bucks for that.

Any news is good news, "and I'm Gary GeNews."

yeah !! that sounds good !!!

Well, there may be a rumor regarding Three parks that I've heard recently, granted it's an online source, so take it or leave it. I prefer to dream about the possibilities. A Bucky, Winter Soldier, New Cap sounds great for me. I'd throw down 30 bucks for that.

Any news is good news, "and I'm Gary GeNews."

Lol at that three "parks"... :tongue:

well i think if we read the new marvel books we should get an idea of what to expect.

I mean a hood figue is not out of the question, deadpool is getting his own comic again, Hawkeye and mockingbird r back and will have a mini series, i am feeling we will get 1 of those with a winter soldier/new cap and maybe new thor. Also miss sinister or the female loki/ultron is not out of the question.

well i think if we read the new marvel books we should get an idea of what to expect.

I mean a hood figue is not out of the question, deadpool is getting his own comic again, Hawkeye and mockingbird r back and will have a mini series, i am feeling we will get 1 of those with a winter soldier/new cap and maybe new thor. Also miss sinister or the female loki/ultron is not out of the question.

I'll have to insist we get a classic Loki and classic Ultron before we get any female versions.

I'll have to insist we get a classic Loki and classic Ultron before we get any female versions.

we already got classic loki right?

and a weird ultron version hehe

I think he means like this (tho, I dunno why)...

loki.jpg

or this...

jim094.jpg

I think he means like this (tho, I dunno why)...

loki.jpg

or this...

jim094.jpg

Yep, that's what I mean. The one we got from TB was some What If? or alternate reality version.

Well, Jesse chimed back at The Fwoosh.

Apparently he made a mistake with his announcement about the 6" line at NYCC. I guess he meant to say SDCC is the venue where we'll get our ML news.

But don't worry, the MU line will be being shown at NYCC. <sarcasm>

Good Grief! Just when we had something to look forward to....

link

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...9&start=375

third post down