NYCC 2009: Hasbro Day 1: TRU, Walmart Exclusive 2 & 3 Packs, More

Outsiders

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolverine and the x-men logan: THEY DONE IT AGAIN WITH THE HANDS HOLDING THE CLAWS!

3 3/4: I only like the idea of getting someone big with one of them...but even i think it's a rip-off just to sell 3 3/4...

I will only vote for 3 people in the whole contest; The Stepford Cuckoo....WHY CAN'T THEY JUST HAVE 6 INCH CONTEST INSTEAD OF 3 3/4?! I'm EXTREMLEY ANGRY with this PEICE OF CRAP "News".

on AFI they said: no new legends for 2009 just the ones we allready saw. there are plans for 2010 but... . marvel legends is so alive no? i think the but means: we are looking how good sales are in 2009. hasbro sucks, sorry for the ones who support them but i am out for a year.

You forgot the lead-in statement to that bit of information: "Marvel Legends is NOT dead."

The entitlement issues continue to astound me. Not to mention the complete and willful ignorance of retailers' role in the decline of Marvel Legends.

Incidentally: I looked up the schedule for NYCC. Unless I overlooked it, Hasbro does NOT have a panel scheduled for this convention.

Wolverine and the x-men logan: THEY DONE IT AGAIN WITH THE HANDS HOLDING THE CLAWS!

3 3/4: I only like the idea of getting someone big with one of them...but even i think it's a rip-off just to sell 3 3/4...

I will only vote for 3 people in the whole contest; The Stepford Cuckoo....WHY CAN'T THEY JUST HAVE 6 INCH CONTEST INSTEAD OF 3 3/4?! I'm EXTREMLEY ANGRY with this PEICE OF CRAP "News".

There are a few more days to this con which means more news is possible, but really, what do you expect? When Falcon came out and said fans will be excited with what we have to offer this year all I could think of was fans will be excited because all the delayed stuff will finally come out.

It's more than likely that ML will wither and die and MU will become mildly successful. Embrace change as the Skrulls say.

on AFI they said: no new legends for 2009 just the ones we allready saw. there are plans for 2010 but... . marvel legends is so alive no? i think the but means: we are looking how good sales are in 2009. hasbro sucks, sorry for the ones who support them but i am out for a year.

You forgot the lead-in statement to that bit of information: "Marvel Legends is NOT dead."

The entitlement issues continue to astound me. Not to mention the complete and willful ignorance of retailers' role in the decline of Marvel Legends.

Incidentally: I looked up the schedule for NYCC. Unless I overlooked it, Hasbro does NOT have a panel scheduled for this convention.

Dude more people should listen to you. It's all Hasbro's fault! Wait, no it's not! Wal-Mart and Target and Toys r Us don't want those giant packages cluttering up the shelves! It's like you're talking to a brick wall.

Hasbro doesn't care what a bunch of fanboys think about figures. The target is kids and the parents who buy toys for kids. Get over it.

There are a few more days to this con which means more news is possible, but really, what do you expect? When Falcon came out and said fans will be excited with what we have to offer this year all I could think of was fans will be excited because all the delayed stuff will finally come out.

It's more than likely that ML will wither and die and MU will become mildly successful. Embrace change as the Skrulls say.

I'm sorry, but I am one of the people who hates changes. ToyBiz should never have given up Marvel Legends; sure Hasbro gave us some good stuff, but they are forgetting about the people who want 6inch scale, not 3 3/4 scale!

There won't be any news that will surprise me; I'm loosing my faith in Marvel, and unless they can come up with a HUGE come back, then I will go to DC

they havent planned anything for 2009? i mean what the? why? you want to keep peaple interesting then bring some news and some figures no? what will it be next year? a bunch of repaints and wolverines? come on. what does that mean it is not dead? then bring or show something. the universe line will do great and then there is no means to go back at the legends again. thats how i see it. where the hell am i? a line is not dead but there are no real news either, wow now i wow now i believe. i am all into that.

sorry if i sound angry but i am just sad, and angry with hasbro, playing with our feets like we were all morons. i will feel better tomorow. specialy for the 6insh collectors.

I'm sorry, but I am one of the people who hates changes. ToyBiz should never have given up Marvel Legends; sure Hasbro gave us some good stuff, but they are forgetting about the people who want 6inch scale, not 3 3/4 scale!

There won't be any news that will surprise me; I'm loosing my faith in Marvel, and unless they can come up with a HUGE come back, then I will go to DC

If you hate change then you're in for a rough life lesson. It's obvious times are changing and retailers and toymakers both want to make smaller figures. It was fun while it lasted.

they havent planned anything for 2009? i mean what the? why? you want to keep peaple interesting then bring some news and some figures no? what will it be next year? a bunch of repaints and wolverines? come on. what does that mean it is not dead? then bring or show something. the universe line will do great and then there is no means to go back at the legends again. thats how i see it. where the hell am i? a line is not dead but there are no real news either, wow now i wow now i believe. i am all into that.

sorry if i sound angry but i am just sad, and angry with hasbro, playing with our feets like we were all morons. i will feel better tomorow. specialy for the 6insh collectors.

Yes, most likely Repaints and Wolverines and Iron Man's and what not. I will not feel good until i have living proof that the Marvel Legends aint dead, and the proof must be an EXCELENT figure.

Can't ToyBiz buy Marvel Legends, and Hasbro keep Marvel Universe? I wouldn't mind that...

that contest looks interesting. The large variety they are willing to produce makes me wish they could do something like this for Legends. Still, I'm abstaining from the MU so I wish them success with their new target audience.

That's very nice of you, and I too think it will get far, but i am angry at the fact they are bassicaly dropping Marvel Legends for them!

I too wish they could have had a large choice for the Legends quiz; It makes me sad that I will proberly never see a Stepford Cuckoo...

OK folks, I'd like to re-state for the record: If Wal-Mart (especially), Target, and TRU don't want to support a mass-retail Marvel Legends line, then THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING HASBRO CAN DO ABOUT IT. They've already explained to us a dozen times or more that switching to a "internet only line" doesn't meet their production and sales goals. I know all of you think Hasbro should just throw their responsibility to their shareholders out the window and just be willing to lose money on the Marvel Legends line so you can have <Insert name of your favorite obscure Marvel character that most kids these days wouldn't give a crap about> delivered to your doorstep, but that isn't how business works. If Wal-Mart and company ain't buyin', then the toys ain't gettin' made. Does Hasbro share a portion of the blame for the decline? You betcha. So do the collectors who abandoned it in droves when Hasbro took over the license. (Ironically, many of whom are among those whining that Marvel Legends is going away).

Marvel Legends being "dropped" in favor of Marvel Universe is an illusion created by the retailers not wanting to support both lines. Because if they were, I guaran-freaking-tee you that Hasbro would be making both lines. Yeah, Hasbro's going to say "our focus is on the Marvel Universe line" because the retailers didn't give them much choice in the matter. They're also not going to say, "Well, Wal-Mart didn't want to buy Marvel Legends at mass-retail numbers, so we had to can Marvel Legends" because they're not going to piss off their retailers by making them look bad. So Hasbro just sucks it up and drives on with what they do have: The Marvel Universe line. Which is why they're one of the most successful toy companies in the world.

Second: MARVEL controls who makes their toys. Not Toy Biz, not Hasbro. It was MARVEL who took the license away from Toy Biz and awarded it to Hasbro. It's MARVEL who will decide whether Hasbro keeps it (and let's not fool ourselves...they almost certainly will). As far as the current status goes: TOY BIZ NO LONGER EXISTS (They have -one- license left that runs out starting in 2010). You can't give the license to a company that doesn't exist! Even then, Hasbro would have to choose to sub-license the 6" line to Toy Biz (and could only do it with Marvel's permission). Kind of unlikely they're going to sub-license to a competitor. They sub-contract/sub-license 12" figures to Sideshow Toys for G.I. Joe and Star Wars, but Sideshow is not a mass-retail manufacturer, and instead a maker of high-end collectible figures for adult collectors. Whole different animal. Sideshow isn't really competing with Hasbro in any meaningful way.

before you guys go bitching you should know that they still have their Q+A panel left. so in other words wait til that done and then #$#@#.

but none the less the MU series is starting to look really good. it seems that they can do anyone in this line where they couldn't in the ML line.

They could have done anyone they wanted in ML, they were just too busy doing repeats and repaints.

Well considering it's day 1 of 3 I'm hoping thatthere's more over the weekend as seen in past cons. That Goliath seems to be using the icons Torch body so even if it means we get some oversized characters (which we've asked for without having to go the BAF route) it would seem the 6 inchers aren't going anywhere fast:(

I agree with that,i don't think they would burn all there punches on the first day,there likely keeping some surprises for the remaining days. Lets just wait and see and hope for the best.

OK folks, I'd like to re-state for the record: If Wal-Mart (especially), Target, and TRU don't want to support a mass-retail Marvel Legends line, then THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING HASBRO CAN DO ABOUT IT. They've already explained to us a dozen times or more that switching to a "internet only line" doesn't meet their production and sales goals. I know all of you think Hasbro should just throw their responsibility to their shareholders out the window and just be willing to lose money on the Marvel Legends line so you can have delivered to your doorstep, but that isn't how business works. If Wal-Mart and company ain't buyin', then the toys ain't gettin' made. Does Hasbro share a portion of the blame for the decline? You betcha. So do the collectors who abandoned it in droves when Hasbro took over the license. (Ironically, many of whom are among those whining that Marvel Legends is going away).

Marvel Legends being "dropped" in favor of Marvel Universe is an illusion created by the retailers not wanting to support both lines. Because if they were, I guaran-freaking-tee you that Hasbro would be making both lines. Yeah, Hasbro's going to say "our focus is on the Marvel Universe line" because the retailers didn't give them much choice in the matter. They're also not going to say, "Well, Wal-Mart didn't want to buy Marvel Legends at mass-retail numbers, so we had to can Marvel Legends" because they're not going to piss off their retailers by making them look bad. So Hasbro just sucks it up and drives on with what they do have: The Marvel Universe line. Which is why they're one of the most successful toy companies in the world.

Second: MARVEL controls who makes their toys. Not Toy Biz, not Hasbro. It was MARVEL who took the license away from Toy Biz and awarded it to Hasbro. It's MARVEL who will decide whether Hasbro keeps it (and let's not fool ourselves...they almost certainly will). As far as the current status goes: TOY BIZ NO LONGER EXISTS. You can't give the license to a company that doesn't exist! Even then, Hasbro would have to choose to sub-license the 6" line to Toy Biz (and could only do it with Marvel's permission). Kind of unlikely they're going to sub-license to a competitor. They sub-contract/sub-license 12" figures to Sideshow Toys for G.I. Joe and Star Wars, but Sideshow is not a mass-retail manufacturer, and instead a maker of high-end collectible figures for adult collectors. Whole different animal. Sideshow isn't really competing with Hasbro in any meaningful way.

what he said but shorter!

OK folks, I'd like to re-state for the record: If Wal-Mart (especially), Target, and TRU don't want to support a mass-retail Marvel Legends line, then THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING HASBRO CAN DO ABOUT IT. They've already explained to us a dozen times or more that switching to a "internet only line" doesn't meet their production and sales goals. I know all of you think Hasbro should just throw their responsibility to their shareholders out the window and just be willing to lose money on the Marvel Legends line so you can have <Insert name of your favorite obscure Marvel character that most kids these days wouldn't give a crap about> delivered to your doorstep, but that isn't how business works. If Wal-Mart and company ain't buyin', then the toys ain't gettin' made. Does Hasbro share a portion of the blame for the decline? You betcha. So do the collectors who abandoned it in droves when Hasbro took over the license. (Ironically, many of whom are among those whining that Marvel Legends is going away).

Second: MARVEL controls who makes their toys. Not Toy Biz, not Hasbro. It was MARVEL who took the license away from Toy Biz and awarded it to Hasbro. It's MARVEL who will decide whether Hasbro keeps it (and let's not fool ourselves...they almost certainly will). As far as the current status goes: TOY BIZ NO LONGER EXISTS (They have -one- license left that runs out starting in 2010). You can't give the license to a company that doesn't exist! Even then, Hasbro would have to choose to sub-license the 6" line to Toy Biz (and could only do it with Marvel's permission). Kind of unlikely they're going to sub-license to a competitor. They sub-contract/sub-license 12" figures to Sideshow Toys for G.I. Joe and Star Wars, but Sideshow is not a mass-retail manufacturer, and instead a maker of high-end collectible figures for adult collectors. Whole different animal. Sideshow isn't really competing with Hasbro in any meaningful way.

If we keep posting it maybe someone will get a clue.

maybe hasbro should not get there dreams so high of sales because mattel did masters of the universe classics and they sold the first 2 figures in a month and skeletor in a week.a little thing also tells me that the ghostbusters will sell pretty well as an exclusive internet sale. so i think that online exclusive will work but hasbros demand are pretty high and why? because they thought they were better then toybiz and they did not come close to it. hasbro has a deal to maintain for marvel. they paid a lot of money and as i said they arent close to what they expected. it has nothing to do with switching companys. so many peaple gave hasbro a chance even 2 years later, peaple hoped that things will be better and they didnt. then there was hope, the 2-packs, crossbones and yet no new figs in 2009. most dont buy the legends anymore because they look like crap. i buyed every wave back in the days even hasbros. now i just take the ones i want because if all they can offer, are rererelease of old toybiz figs then they can keep their figs.