NYCC 2009: Hasbro Day 1: TRU, Walmart Exclusive 2 & 3 Packs, More

Outsiders

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe hasbro or any company for that matter produces stuff based on retailer demands.

Then your retarded. Say you were going to sell a game to your friend, but he would pay more for a different one. Would you still sell him the first one? It's simple business practice.

will someonw tell me what 6 inch figures are coming next ??? thats all i want to knwo not interested in the 3 inch figures.

Your retarded too. Read the news, then discuss.

Are you serious?? If wal mart and target don't want them that's there problem,there are plenty of other retailers.

People IN THE U.S were buying the exclusives, no were else because they were not available.

Shelf space?????? Get real,that has nothing to do with it,if the product sells it will be on the shelf no matter the package size, but that's the problem,with the exclusives crap there is nothing on shelves so that means no sales .

Wal*Mart and Target are two of the three biggest stores that sell toys. If your line isn't carried by either of them, then you're in a bad place. And yes, shelf space does matter. The more figures you can fit on a shelf, the more figures you can sell before re-ordering. Again, it's simple business sense.

The fact is Marvel hasn't had a good 3 3/4" line, and there is a strong market for the figures in that scale. The 6" line, on the other hand, is running out of characters to make. That's why Toybiz switched from a 5" scale to a 6" scale ten years (or so) ago. They can re-sell the more popular characters that don't fit in with other scales. That way the parents will recignize the characters, and the collectors don't feel bad about buying another Spider-Man.

And switching over to an online only line would kill it even faster. There would be lower runs on the figures, which would drive the prices way up. Steel Molds aren't cheap. You have to sell a certain number of figures to get the money back, and make a profit to buy more molds. MOTUC can survive because it has a strong fanbase of collectors growing up watching the show, and if it were in stores, it wouldn't last.

The Nemesis and Two-Packs were delayed to give something to 6" fans while they were building up the MU line. It's near impossible to have multiple lines of the same property sell at the same time, especially when they are in two different scales.

Uhh, Mods should not be attacking posters. Calling people retarded just isn't cool, and you're supposed to be better than that!!!!

Look, alot of us are pissed, and even with our "sense of entitlement issues", we'e allowed. But the mods have no right to be attacking people you're suppossed to be better than that.

And your points aren't very valid either. Given the support & customer respect that Mattel employs Hasbro's ML could survive online. But that would require them to answer the questions in the Q&A's, Respect thier fandom, endorse thier lines and actually have confidence in thier product. Many ML collectors would support online sales, but Hasbro fears that because of the GI Joe online debackle a few years back. Yes in would mean higher prices but face it, that would happen regardless.

Yes molds aren't cheap buy there are plenty to kit bash from if done right, and plenty of A listers that have changed in the comics since thier last incarnation. (i.e. Cap, Thor, Goblin, Extremis Iron Man) heck, following the DCUC format that's enough anchors for 4 lines. These done well could still sell through Diamond or HTS.

Multiple lines seems to be working just fine for DCUC & DCIH. Why not Marvel?

Marvel has multiple films coming that could support multiple lines.

That said, respect your fellow fans and stop cutting them down.

Your right, I shouldn't have attacked them. I was trying to get my point across, which on this site is pretty damn impossible.

Have you read any DCUC boards? They figures are absolute garbage. Sloppy paint, mismatched parts, breaking hips, and what have you. It takes 3 months to find the damn things, and when you do, they snap in half getting out of the box. Mattel is not a golden standard for customer service. I read on AFI that it took them 3 months to replace a King Grayskull that had two left feet. And the one they sent to replace it? Had two right feet! I don't care whether they answer the Q/As, as long as the figures are good and they don't break.

i dont know how things work in the us (never worked there) but in my shop, we do the orders by checking the sales. back in the day, hasbro did so many star wars toys, unleashed, regular,tranformers star wars, 12 insh and we got everything. everything sold out. now if hasbro will bring the legends and the universe line together then they should do it. when i see that i dont sell the legends anymore then i stop ordering but not because they are bigger or smaller. there is always a way to put them on a shelf or hang them somewhere. this is a weird way to sell. there is not enough space on the shelf and thats why hasbro has to decide to do them smaller. hasbro produces toys and they are showing them at some showrooms and we order what we think we would sell. as i said, i sold 3 boxes of hulk legends, so why would i stop ordering legends if i sell them. well since they are exclusive, i cant get any.

I don't think you quite get it. Sales to individual "mom and pop" shops are NOTHING to Hasbro. You could have all of them combine together and order 100 cases and it probably wouldn't even be a tenth of what Wal-Mart orders. Right now, Wal-Mart, and maybe Target and even Toys R Us doesn't think they can sell enough of the 6" Marvel Legends to make it worth a full mass retail production run. So Hasbro's reduced to offering them as exclusives.

Lemme break it down for you:

Hasbro: Hey guys, we've got this great 6" Marvel Legends stuff that we'd like to make, take a look!

Wal-Mart: Actually, your last couple lines of Marvel Legends weren't big sellers for us, and a bunch of those two-packs are collecting dust. I only recognize Spider-Man/Iron Man/Wolverine/Whoever out of that bunch. We like these little ones over here a lot more. Can fit more of them on the shelf and they have a higher profit margin. We'll pass on these big ones.

Target: Yeah, we've still got Hydra Soldiers and "Dangers" collecting dust on our pegs. And we like these little ones, too. Forget these big ones.

Toys R Us: Sure, we'll take 'em! Give us 5000 cases!

Hasbro: Er...really, we need to sell about 50000 cases to meet our normal mass-retail goals. Uhm...we'd really like to make these figures. How about if we offer on series apiece to each of you as exclusive runs? That way we can justify the lower production volume and still get the product out -somehow-.

Wal-Mart: No, but if you give us two of those series, we'll deal. We'll take that one with Iron Man and the one with Uh..who is that, the Punisher? Yeah, whatever, we'll take it, I guess. (Ares and Nemesis)

Target: We're good with one series. We'll take the one with that black Spider-Man and Wolverine in it. (Red Hulk)

Toys R Us: Well crap, that doesn't leave anything for us.

Hasbro: Well, sorry Toys R Us....maybe we can come up with something a little further down the road to help out (2nd wave of 2-packs).

It's NEVER a one-sided affair, and even if you combined Toys R Us, Kmart, and every local comic shop in the United States, it wouldn't even equal half (maybe not even a quarter) of Wal-Mart's buying power. It's generally accepted as a "given" in the toy industry that if Wal-Mart doesn't pick up your mass retail toy line, you may as well pack it in, because it's not going to succeed in the long term. Such is the power of the evil empire.

It's also a rather dire sign that Toys R Us ended up with the wave 2/3 2-packs. That implies that Target and Wal-Mart passed completely on them.

By your logic,if wal mart were to go out of bussiness so would hasbro. Come on man, your'e not making any sence. Hasbro couldn't care less about these stores shelf space,no matter the size of the pakaging ,if it sells it will be on the shelf.

These retailers never complained about space shelf when toybiz was doing there thing.why? Because it sold. Hasbro themselves hurt the line with there crapy first waves, low quality figures,characters that nobody cares about that ended up cloging the pegs. That is why the retailers backed off the line,not because of shelf space.

Take the 33/4 indiana jones figs as an example, small figs,small pakages and they still got canned.why? Because they DIDN'T SELL and the retailers said NO THANKS to the last 2 waves. It wasn't a question of shelf space in that case and it's not in this case,its a question of product not selling.

In the ML case, the bad start by hasbro is why we are where we are now! If the first wave's had been decent they would have sold and the retailers would have ordered more and the line would still be going strong.

You really are from another country aren't you? Wal-Mart is a mini Empire in the United States. If they don't want something it doesn't go on their shelves. And they are not going out of business. That's the point. Along with Target, their close to a monopoly in the department store area so it's there way or the highway. We're saturated with Wal-Mart's and Targets here. It's not like the toymakers have many choices.

Indiana Jones got canned because Hasbro screwed up the waves of figures and the fact that Indy isn't as popular with kids as they anticipated. This actually was a case of Hasbro screwing up the line.

Heres the problem with exclusives and shelf space....

The products arent even offered online..

if they were that worried about volume, they would at least offer the product online, through walmart in the case of the Ares wave or AT LEAST on Hasbro's own website.

theres more to it then what everyones letting on. they already have the MU set for preorder, and yet for months i had to bust my ass trying to get crossbones and would gladly have ordered it online..

As i suspect MANY people would have done.

Now that its cancelled they could easily offer it as an online exclusive through themselves like they did with Savage Land Box Set, AoA Sunfire, and She Hulk. But they arent. Instead they're shipping the mass produced spiderman, human torch and Ultimate War Machine with the Nemesis cases.... it doesnt make sense at all.

----

Now as far as shelf space is concerned... ML is a line that has proven to sell.! Why wouldnt hasbro have faith in ML but push ever so hard all of the Indiana Jones crap that it has.? Look how that turned out..

It just doesnt make any sense.

The 2 walmarts that i found that did have the Ares wave, sold out quick. Like 2-3 days wise, and it took me months to collect the set. it doesnt add up

if they were that worried about volume, they would at least offer the product online, through walmart in the case of the Ares wave or AT LEAST on Hasbro's own website.

theres more to it then what everyones letting on. they already have the MU set for preorder, and yet for months i had to bust my ass trying to get crossbones and would gladly have ordered it online..

Now that its cancelled they could easily offer it as an online exclusive through themselves like they did with Savage Land Box Set, AoA Sunfire, and She Hulk. But they arent. Instead they're shipping the mass produced spiderman, human torch and Ultimate War Machine with the Nemesis cases.... it doesnt make sense at all.

----

Now as far as shelf space is concerned... ML is a line that has proven to sell.! Why wouldnt hasbro have faith in ML but push ever so hard all of the Indiana Jones crap that it has.? Look how that turned out..

The 2 walmarts that i found that did have the Ares wave, sold out quick. Like 2-3 days wise, and it took me months to collect the set. it doesnt add up

Its spiderman,heroes reborn IM and ultimate war machine that shipped with the ares wave,not the human torch.

i dont know how things work in the us (never worked there) but in my shop, we do the orders by checking the sales. back in the day, hasbro did so many star wars toys, unleashed, regular,tranformers star wars, 12 insh and we got everything. everything sold out. now if hasbro will bring the legends and the universe line together then they should do it. when i see that i dont sell the legends anymore then i stop ordering but not because they are bigger or smaller. there is always a way to put them on a shelf or hang them somewhere. this is a weird way to sell. there is not enough space on the shelf and thats why hasbro has to decide to do them smaller. hasbro produces toys and they are showing them at some showrooms and we order what we think we would sell. as i said, i sold 3 boxes of hulk legends, so why would i stop ordering legends if i sell them. well since they are exclusive, i cant get any.

I don't think you quite get it. Sales to individual "mom and pop" shops are NOTHING to Hasbro. You could have all of them combine together and order 100 cases and it probably wouldn't even be a tenth of what Wal-Mart orders. Right now, Wal-Mart, and maybe Target and even Toys R Us doesn't think they can sell enough of the 6" Marvel Legends to make it worth a full mass retail production run. So Hasbro's reduced to offering them as exclusives.

Lemme break it down for you:

Hasbro: Hey guys, we've got this great 6" Marvel Legends stuff that we'd like to make, take a look!

Wal-Mart: Actually, your last couple lines of Marvel Legends weren't big sellers for us, and a bunch of those two-packs are collecting dust. I only recognize Spider-Man/Iron Man/Wolverine/Whoever out of that bunch. We like these little ones over here a lot more. Can fit more of them on the shelf and they have a higher profit margin. We'll pass on these big ones.

Target: Yeah, we've still got Hydra Soldiers and "Dangers" collecting dust on our pegs. And we like these little ones, too. Forget these big ones.

Toys R Us: Sure, we'll take 'em! Give us 5000 cases!

Hasbro: Er...really, we need to sell about 50000 cases to meet our normal mass-retail goals. Uhm...we'd really like to make these figures. How about if we offer on series apiece to each of you as exclusive runs? That way we can justify the lower production volume and still get the product out -somehow-.

Wal-Mart: No, but if you give us two of those series, we'll deal. We'll take that one with Iron Man and the one with Uh..who is that, the Punisher? Yeah, whatever, we'll take it, I guess. (Ares and Nemesis)

Target: We're good with one series. We'll take the one with that black Spider-Man and Wolverine in it. (Red Hulk)

Toys R Us: Well crap, that doesn't leave anything for us.

Hasbro: Well, sorry Toys R Us....maybe we can come up with something a little further down the road to help out (2nd wave of 2-packs).

It's NEVER a one-sided affair, and even if you combined Toys R Us, Kmart, and every local comic shop in the United States, it wouldn't even equal half (maybe not even a quarter) of Wal-Mart's buying power. It's generally accepted as a "given" in the toy industry that if Wal-Mart doesn't pick up your mass retail toy line, you may as well pack it in, because it's not going to succeed in the long term. Such is the power of the evil empire.

It's also a rather dire sign that Toys R Us ended up with the wave 2/3 2-packs. That implies that Target and Wal-Mart passed completely on them.

By your logic,if wal mart were to go out of bussiness so would hasbro. Come on man, your'e not making any sence. Hasbro couldn't care less about these stores shelf space,no matter the size of the pakaging ,if it sells it will be on the shelf.

These retailers never complained about space shelf when toybiz was doing there thing.why? Because it sold. Hasbro themselves hurt the line with there crapy first waves, low quality figures,characters that nobody cares about that ended up cloging the pegs. That is why the retailers backed off the line,not because of shelf space.

Take the 33/4 indiana jones figs as an example, small figs,small pakages and they still got canned.why? Because they DIDN'T SELL and the retailers said NO THANKS to the last 2 waves. It wasn't a question of shelf space in that case and it's not in this case,its a question of product not selling.

In the ML case, the bad start by hasbro is why we are where we are now! If the first wave's had been decent they would have sold and the retailers would have ordered more and the line would still be going strong.

You really are from another country aren't you? Wal-Mart is a mini Empire in the United States. If they don't want something it doesn't go on their shelves. And they are not going out of business. That's the point. Along with Target, their close to a monopoly in the department store area so it's there way or the highway. We're saturated with Wal-Mart's and Targets here. It's not like the toymakers have many choices.

Indiana Jones got canned because Hasbro screwed up the waves of figures and the fact that Indy isn't as popular with kids as they anticipated. This actually was a case of Hasbro screwing up the line.

Wal-mart isn't as big up here as it is in the states. Here there a small fish in a big pound,they don't have the power to decide anything up here. I know there not going out of bussiness(sadly) I was just putting your statement in context.

Wow... 3 inch figures. 6" spider-man figures, with the major figures having less movement and many just reusing the same old mold... Yup Hasbro has managed not to impress me with anything nice at all. Way to go Hasbro on sucking! :spidey_deadtopic:

Hasbro better step up it's game and quality. I am really considering on customizing my own Marvel figures using DC Universe figures now.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mod...00&start=60

is that supposed to be a hydra soldier

??

its sick but not like accurate

these all look amazing

im like obsessed with MU now

I didn't even see that photo the first time around...that Hydra soldier is pretty bad-ass. Wonder if it's a repainted Firefly or something? Also, if you look in the background, you can see a red Hand ninja! Since it appears to be the same figure as the white ninja up front, I'm guessing the white one is a Hand ninja, too (though I don't recall them ever wearing white).

this is right but i allready pay 20 bucks a piece because hasbro doesnt deliver internationaly. ebay only way to get them for me. i would rather pay 20 bucks and they look awesome and have a lot of articulations like the motu figs. i dont want to compare companys, mattel is mattel and hasbro is hasbro but no one can decline the fact that an internet exclusive is worth it. how many peaple wanted to see the last indiana jones wave on the net, just to complete there collections? look at sunfire, why couldnt hasbro deliver him in europe? the only way i got him, was ebay. demand is there from around the world and hasbro is ingnoring this. there is where the money goes. we had the chane at my toystore to get the hulk legends. in my little store, i sold out 3 entire boxes. 36 figures. thats realy not bad for a little toyshop.

if youre already paying 20, imagine what youre going to pay when the us price is 20.

OK folks, I'd like to re-state for the record: If Wal-Mart (especially), Target, and TRU don't want to support a mass-retail Marvel Legends line, then THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING HASBRO CAN DO ABOUT IT. They've already explained to us a dozen times or more that switching to a "internet only line" doesn't meet their production and sales goals. I know all of you think Hasbro should just throw their responsibility to their shareholders out the window and just be willing to lose money on the Marvel Legends line so you can have delivered to your doorstep, but that isn't how business works. If Wal-Mart and company ain't buyin', then the toys ain't gettin' made. Does Hasbro share a portion of the blame for the decline? You betcha. So do the collectors who abandoned it in droves when Hasbro took over the license. (Ironically, many of whom are among those whining that Marvel Legends is going away).

Marvel Legends being "dropped" in favor of Marvel Universe is an illusion created by the retailers not wanting to support both lines. Because if they were, I guaran-freaking-tee you that Hasbro would be making both lines. Yeah, Hasbro's going to say "our focus is on the Marvel Universe line" because the retailers didn't give them much choice in the matter. They're also not going to say, "Well, Wal-Mart didn't want to buy Marvel Legends at mass-retail numbers, so we had to can Marvel Legends" because they're not going to piss off their retailers by making them look bad. So Hasbro just sucks it up and drives on with what they do have: The Marvel Universe line. Which is why they're one of the most successful toy companies in the world.

Second: MARVEL controls who makes their toys. Not Toy Biz, not Hasbro. It was MARVEL who took the license away from Toy Biz and awarded it to Hasbro. It's MARVEL who will decide whether Hasbro keeps it (and let's not fool ourselves...they almost certainly will). As far as the current status goes: TOY BIZ NO LONGER EXISTS (They have -one- license left that runs out starting in 2010). You can't give the license to a company that doesn't exist! Even then, Hasbro would have to choose to sub-license the 6" line to Toy Biz (and could only do it with Marvel's permission). Kind of unlikely they're going to sub-license to a competitor. They sub-contract/sub-license 12" figures to Sideshow Toys for G.I. Joe and Star Wars, but Sideshow is not a mass-retail manufacturer, and instead a maker of high-end collectible figures for adult collectors. Whole different animal. Sideshow isn't really competing with Hasbro in any meaningful way.

I don't believe hasbro or any company for that matter produces stuff based on retailer demands. Company's produce what they want and if certain retailers don't buy then its offered to the competitor.

The state the ML's are in was caused by 2 things,hasbro's below par product(yes they have gotten better with time,but the first waves were crap) that turned collectors off and hasbro's decision too make all later waves exclusive. The fact that the later waves were not available to mass market unquestinably brought down the sales numbers and that was directly the result of hasbro's dumb bussiness decisions period! How do they think they will sell products and have good sales numbers when they don't make there product available.

Are you serious? If certain retailers like Wal-Mart and Target don't buy the figures then they don't make any money. If those companies don't want those toys who's going to buy them?

This isn't about quality. People were buying those "crappy" figures and people were buying the exclusive figures also. It's about shelf space. The smaller your figures the more toys you can put in the aisle.

Are you serious?? If wal mart and target don't want them that's there problem,there are plenty of other retailers.

People IN THE U.S were buying the exclusives, no were else because they were not available.

Shelf space?????? Get real,that has nothing to do with it,if the product sells it will be on the shelf no matter the package size, but that's the problem,with the exclusives crap there is nothing on shelves so that means no sales .

listen up. hasbro is a maas market company. if they cant sell mass amounts of figures(like theyve been doing for how many years now?) then they dont wanna bother with it. name one retailer that can handle as much product as tru, wally, and target.

OK folks, I'd like to re-state for the record: If Wal-Mart (especially), Target, and TRU don't want to support a mass-retail Marvel Legends line, then THERE ISN'T A DAMN THING HASBRO CAN DO ABOUT IT. They've already explained to us a dozen times or more that switching to a "internet only line" doesn't meet their production and sales goals. I know all of you think Hasbro should just throw their responsibility to their shareholders out the window and just be willing to lose money on the Marvel Legends line so you can have delivered to your doorstep, but that isn't how business works. If Wal-Mart and company ain't buyin', then the toys ain't gettin' made. Does Hasbro share a portion of the blame for the decline? You betcha. So do the collectors who abandoned it in droves when Hasbro took over the license. (Ironically, many of whom are among those whining that Marvel Legends is going away).

Marvel Legends being "dropped" in favor of Marvel Universe is an illusion created by the retailers not wanting to support both lines. Because if they were, I guaran-freaking-tee you that Hasbro would be making both lines. Yeah, Hasbro's going to say "our focus is on the Marvel Universe line" because the retailers didn't give them much choice in the matter. They're also not going to say, "Well, Wal-Mart didn't want to buy Marvel Legends at mass-retail numbers, so we had to can Marvel Legends" because they're not going to piss off their retailers by making them look bad. So Hasbro just sucks it up and drives on with what they do have: The Marvel Universe line. Which is why they're one of the most successful toy companies in the world.

Second: MARVEL controls who makes their toys. Not Toy Biz, not Hasbro. It was MARVEL who took the license away from Toy Biz and awarded it to Hasbro. It's MARVEL who will decide whether Hasbro keeps it (and let's not fool ourselves...they almost certainly will). As far as the current status goes: TOY BIZ NO LONGER EXISTS (They have -one- license left that runs out starting in 2010). You can't give the license to a company that doesn't exist! Even then, Hasbro would have to choose to sub-license the 6" line to Toy Biz (and could only do it with Marvel's permission). Kind of unlikely they're going to sub-license to a competitor. They sub-contract/sub-license 12" figures to Sideshow Toys for G.I. Joe and Star Wars, but Sideshow is not a mass-retail manufacturer, and instead a maker of high-end collectible figures for adult collectors. Whole different animal. Sideshow isn't really competing with Hasbro in any meaningful way.

I don't believe hasbro or any company for that matter produces stuff based on retailer demands. Company's produce what they want and if certain retailers don't buy then its offered to the competitor.

The state the ML's are in was caused by 2 things,hasbro's below par product(yes they have gotten better with time,but the first waves were crap) that turned collectors off and hasbro's decision too make all later waves exclusive. The fact that the later waves were not available to mass market unquestinably brought down the sales numbers and that was directly the result of hasbro's dumb bussiness decisions period! How do they think they will sell products and have good sales numbers when they don't make there product available.

Are you serious? If certain retailers like Wal-Mart and Target don't buy the figures then they don't make any money. If those companies don't want those toys who's going to buy them?

This isn't about quality. People were buying those "crappy" figures and people were buying the exclusive figures also. It's about shelf space. The smaller your figures the more toys you can put in the aisle.

Umm, are YOU serious? Name one other retailer as big as those that supports toylines. Toys R Us? The same Toys R Us that almost went bankrupt a few years back?

every company's been there.

I don't believe hasbro or any company for that matter produces stuff based on retailer demands.

Then your retarded. Say you were going to sell a game to your friend, but he would pay more for a different one. Would you still sell him the first one? It's simple business practice.

will someonw tell me what 6 inch figures are coming next ??? thats all i want to knwo not interested in the 3 inch figures.

i dont even know what you guys are talking about, but i know that i see the word "retarded" too many times..... knock it off.

Wal*Mart and Target are two of the three biggest stores that sell toys. If your line isn't carried by either of them, then you're in a bad place. And yes, shelf space does matter. The more figures you can fit on a shelf, the more figures you can sell before re-ordering. Again, it's simple business sense.

The fact is Marvel hasn't had a good 3 3/4" line, and there is a strong market for the figures in that scale. The 6" line, on the other hand, is running out of characters to make. That's why Toybiz switched from a 5" scale to a 6" scale ten years (or so) ago. They can re-sell the more popular characters that don't fit in with other scales. That way the parents will recignize the characters, and the collectors don't feel bad about buying another Spider-Man.

And switching over to an online only line would kill it even faster. There would be lower runs on the figures, which would drive the prices way up. Steel Molds aren't cheap. You have to sell a certain number of figures to get the money back, and make a profit to buy more molds. MOTUC can survive because it has a strong fanbase of collectors growing up watching the show, and if it were in stores, it wouldn't last.

The Nemesis and Two-Packs were delayed to give something to 6" fans while they were building up the MU line. It's near impossible to have multiple lines of the same property sell at the same time, especially when they are in two different scales.

im not a retard im just slow and i have to medical report to prove it !!!

dont take it to heart. people should be more careful in the way they use words to describe a person's thinking habits.(especially MODS!!!)

Uhh, Mods should not be attacking posters. Calling people retarded just isn't cool, and you're supposed to be better than that!!!!

Look, alot of us are pissed, and even with our "sense of entitlement issues", we'e allowed. But the mods have no right to be attacking people you're suppossed to be better than that.

And your points aren't very valid either. Given the support & customer respect that Mattel employs Hasbro's ML could survive online. But that would require them to answer the questions in the Q&A's, Respect thier fandom, endorse thier lines and actually have confidence in thier product. Many ML collectors would support online sales, but Hasbro fears that because of the GI Joe online debackle a few years back. Yes in would mean higher prices but face it, that would happen regardless.

Yes molds aren't cheap buy there are plenty to kit bash from if done right, and plenty of A listers that have changed in the comics since thier last incarnation. (i.e. Cap, Thor, Goblin, Extremis Iron Man) heck, following the DCUC format that's enough anchors for 4 lines. These done well could still sell through Diamond or HTS.

you need to keep quiet. youre not going to start with this mod crap, because a few of them(mods) made you angry in the past. stop trying to turn everything into you own personal "mod crusade".... stop it. if you cant delete his post, or give him a warning, either report the problem, or stay out of it, please. thank you.

First off: One of the main reasons the DTC G.I. Joe figures sold exclusively through HasbroToyShop failed was because they were "kitbashes" of existing parts with very little new material (particularly outside the first series). You really think all the Marvel Legends fans are going to pay more than double what they were paying in stores just to get kitbashes and repaints? Pardon my language, but that's bulls**t.

People were already down on Hasbro's product prior to this "hiatus" and they'd just piss on it even more if they weren't getting all-new molds with awesome paintjobs and all-new-improved articulation. Which Hasbro sure as hell is not going to shell out the money to do for an "internet exclusive" line. Even this much-ballyhooed MotU Classics Line is basically a rehash of the same parts over and over again, except for head molds and accessories (Skeletor, Zodac, and Mer-Man share bodies. Beast Man and Stratos share bodies. He-Man and Man-At-Arms share bodies. Teela and Evil-Lyn share bodies. Just like the original MotU figures shared bodies. Yet another reason Mattel can pull off that line. You really think collectors are going to shell out $30 (once you include shipping) for three different body molds and some new heads? Marvel characters aren't as "cookie cutter" as DCs are. Which oh, by the way is yet another reason Mattel is being so "successful" with the DCUC figures. Heavy reuse of parts, and it only took them until wave 2 to get to that point.

Remember, people where whining about the cost of the Fin Fang Foom wave. Bump that up another 5 bucks and plenty of people are going to say "this isn't worth it." You're shrinking an already-small audience from the start.

Well let's see...Marvel Legends has about 30 waves of figures (all told, not even including other Toy Biz 6" scale lines, in which case it'd bounce up to about 40 or 50) and what...about 8+ years of figures? DCUC has...one year, going on 7 waves, after a long drought of decent DC toys. Get back to us in another 7 years and/or 20 waves and we can talk about how successful DCUC is in comparison to Marvel Legends. Until then, people are just grasping at straws for a comparison. Aside from Superman and Batman, the DCUC figures haven't had vast numbers of their "core characters" unleashed upon the public for several years...yet.

Which is exactly what they're doing. They're just multiple lines of 3 3/4" figures.

You have to earn respect in this world. Acting like a bunch of crybabies with no rational perspective whatsoever on the situation certainly isn't getting folks very far on that score.

church! (preach)

----

Its spiderman,heroes reborn IM and ultimate war machine that shipped with the ares wave,not the human torch.

the human torch did ship with the ares wave.

i know some of you are going to say "woah! why didnt he just qoute on qoute?" its because you jackasses(yeah...i said jackasses) act like you cant talk to each other a bit better than you have been doing. theres only about 13 people that come to this board everyday, and what?....you cant get along? you guys have a right to not see "eye to eye", but instead of trying to figure out whats really going on, you guys just seem to be trying to prove who's right or wrong. its only been day 1, not to mention that youve known 6 inchers were in danger for over 4 months now. yet you guys continue to repeat the same crap youve been saying since you found out that the ML line might take a plunge. you grown men need to find a way to get your thoughts across wihout coming off sounding like cry-babies. i have PMs from board members that are upset at the MODS, and the way that theyve be acting. MODS have to understand their position, and the fact that they can be disciplined too. to ALL board members...consider this a reminder, a warning, or whatever...but im telling ALL of you that if this BS keeps up, all parties involved will get time-outs!

Wal-mart isn't as big up here as it is in the states. Here there a small fish in a big pound,they don't have the power to decide anything up here. I know there not going out of bussiness(sadly) I was just putting your statement in context.

Wal-Mart may not be the number one retailer wherever you're at, but guess what? If they don't buy it in the States then chances are you're never going to see it ANYWHERE, including wherever it is you're at. (In fact, haven't you commented that Hasbro doesn't ship ML to where you're at?)

The United States is the most lucrative toy buying market in the western world (maybe the entire world, but I think Japan might rival them), and Wal-Mart basically owns the toy market in the US. Even Target, their biggest/most successful competitor, doesn't even equal half of Wal-Marts' market share. If Hasbro can't sell a line in the United States, they're not likely going to sell it anywhere else, either. Most nations outside the US already only get dribs and drabs of the product Hasbro ships to the US. Quite frankly, countries like Canada, the UK, etc...are small potatoes to Hasbro. They could probably ignore those countries completely and still make profit based on the US alone.

To put it another way: The United States has almost 10 times the population of Canada, and roughly 5 times the population of The United Kingdom. It's simple economics.....more people to buy = more potential profit.

Well considering it's day 1 of 3 I'm hoping thatthere's more over the weekend as seen in past cons. That Goliath seems to be using the icons Torch body so even if it means we get some oversized characters (which we've asked for without having to go the BAF route) it would seem the 6 inchers aren't going anywhere fast:(

Close, it's the Cyclops ML from the Brood series. He appears to have the same goofy cufflinks around his wrists and they didn't bother to remove that seam line from his inner thigh that is painted yellow on the 6" cyclops figure.