NYCC 2009: Hasbro Day 1: TRU, Walmart Exclusive 2 & 3 Packs, More

Outsiders

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were not talking about the ares wave,were talking about witch figs from the ares wave shipped with the nemesis wave.The human torch wasn't one of them.

you already cleared that up...

i said the wrong figure by mistake

lets move on

This wasn't meant for you,i cleared it up for pooda.

lol then i am and have been lost for this entire weekend.

damn hasbro upsetting me and making me all defensive.

i apologize mate :)

Were not talking about the ares wave,were talking about witch figs from the ares wave shipped with the nemesis wave.The human torch wasn't one of them.

lets move on

lol then i am and have been lost for this entire weekend.

damn hasbro upsetting me and making me all defensive.

i apologize mate :)

No harm done.

lets move on

youre a day late, and a dollar short.(lol)

lets move on

youre a day late, and a dollar short.(lol)

LOL :laugh: ,good one pooda.

Well considering it's day 1 of 3 I'm hoping thatthere's more over the weekend as seen in past cons. That Goliath seems to be using the icons Torch body so even if it means we get some oversized characters (which we've asked for without having to go the BAF route) it would seem the 6 inchers aren't going anywhere fast:(

Close, it's the Cyclops ML from the Brood series. He appears to have the same goofy cufflinks around his wrists and they didn't bother to remove that seam line from his inner thigh that is painted yellow on the 6" cyclops figure.

the seams look kinda slick imo.

Except that Goliath's costume didn't have them. Although I am rather excited that we may get a fairly articulated, taller Goliath figure, he is my favorite incarnation of Hank Pym. It does add a wrinkle to the whole buying MU figures doesn't it? Ah those crafty marketers at Hasbro.

yeah...but he's awfully cool.

THat Goliath is too scrawny for my taste. As I recall in the old Avengers books, Goliath was chiseled and fairly broad shouldered and bulky and engaged Hercules in a lil brawl.

electro you should come down to alabama or the southern us in general if you wanna see walmarts power. if you look at walmart economically its the only retailer not having trouble and making a profit. dont be surprised if tru and target fold before the economic crisis is over if and when that happens all toys will be sold at walmart or not sold at all period.in mobile there are no mom and pop toy stores the have all been taken down by walmart.

So far Target is still doing all right. They (like Wal-Mart) also posted gains last quarter. Toys r Us is probably going the way of Circuit City within the next couple years, though.

Might take a little longer than that though. Oddly enough, the TRUs in my area have actually seemed a little busier than normal for "off season" this year. The last few years, if I were visiting on a weekday, I was often the only customer in the store at some of the local TRUs. The last couple months, there's usually at least a half-dozen to a dozen other people around.