After the latest hasbro news, are you buying MU ?

abazou

Will you buy MU ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. hasbro convinced u to buy mu yet?

• hell yeah
    • no way

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since some of you guys are not starting over with smaller scale Marvel figures, just imagine the future...wave 6 or 7 of MU and ML dies...you guys will have to start all over again and catch up and then have to buy all the figures you guys have been dieing for to be made in ML.

Just a thought. :)

If marvel legends stops, I stop.Its that simple. I think most here feel the same way.

Since some of you guys are not starting over with smaller scale Marvel figures, just imagine the future...wave 6 or 7 of MU and ML dies...you guys will have to start all over again and catch up and then have to buy all the figures you guys have been dieing for to be made in ML.

If marvel legends stops, I stop.Its that simple. I think most here feel the same way.

If ML completely stops, my collection will sky rocket, especially since I have 4 of each and every single figure from series 1 til now. Second, whatever figures arent made, I will custom make myself! However, I will buy the 2 packs sporting the 12" figure along with the turd 3 3/4 just because it will add to my icons collection. As for the singles, Hell No!!!! How could any of you settle for crap. Lets be real. The masked characters faces look ok because its not a hard sculpt. Whenever detail is needed in a face, it comes out horrible because of the size. Articulation is nowhere close. If your grown men like myself, these figures dont even fit in your hand! We were kids when we loved 3 3/4 figs cuz the glove fit. We have evolved and now we are stepping back. Why not make GiJoe 6"? Its like leaving a playboy centerfold for a fat hooker. This is just my opinion! An opinion from a guy who used to have the entire gijoe collection til he hit 15yrs. ML brings me back to my childhood, when I see my collection, I sigh and smile. I will not collect because it will get crazy! Smaller figs means DIORAMAS and HUGE PLAYSETS, along with tons of vehicles and everything any 6" collector only dreamed of! Hasbro will go all out on 3 3/4. Think of the money you will spend! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

If ML completely stops, my collection will sky rocket, especially since I have 4 of each and every single figure from series 1 til now. Second, whatever figures arent made, I will custom make myself! However, I will buy the 2 packs sporting the 12" figure along with the turd 3 3/4 just because it will add to my icons collection. As for the singles, Hell No!!!! How could any of you settle for crap. Lets be real. The masked characters faces look ok because its not a hard sculpt. Whenever detail is needed in a face, it comes out horrible because of the size. Articulation is nowhere close. If your grown men like myself, these figures dont even fit in your hand! We were kids when we loved 3 3/4 figs cuz the glove fit. We have evolved and now we are stepping back. Why not make GiJoe 6"? Its like leaving a playboy centerfold for a fat hooker. This is just my opinion! An opinion from a guy who used to have the entire gijoe collection til he hit 15yrs. ML brings me back to my childhood, when I see my collection, I sigh and smile. I will not collect because it will get crazy! Smaller figs means DIORAMAS and HUGE PLAYSETS, along with tons of vehicles and everything any 6" collector only dreamed of! Hasbro will go all out on 3 3/4. Think of the money you will spend! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

Amen. Very well said.

There's always DCUC, Marvel Select (for bigger size characters), SMC, Marvel Movie figs (maybe...Wolverine Origins scare me), and DC Direct ;)

But yeah, I won't be buying MUs either. I'm running low on shelf space as it is.

I agree. I will stop collecting most of the Hasbro marvel toys, but Marvel Select is still going strong. my DC (Batman) collection is nearly complete so once Nemesis gets here this week, all I am going to buy is Marvel Select and the two packs (Kree, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, Dum Dum Dugan) but that's it for me unless Hasbro whips up some astounding 6 inchers. tear.

i like them. once these thigs hit hard, people are going to change their minds. it starts off with people saying that they arent buying them, then it goes to people saying that theyre just going to buy the ones they like. soon, people are going to be into them. they may whine, *****, and complain everyday while doing so, but it'll happen.

i like them. once these thigs hit hard, people are going to change their minds. it starts off with people saying that they arent buying them, then it goes to people saying that theyre just going to buy the ones they like. soon, people are going to be into them. they may whine, *****, and complain everyday while doing so, but it'll happen.

Yup. I agree with you on this pooda. Some people (6"only collectors) on different boards already saying that they are only buying the ones they like.

That may be the case for some, but not me. I just don't like 3 3/4" scale figures. It's really that simple.

I loved G.I.Joe when I was a kid, and I'm a huge Star Wars geek, but I don't collect either line of actin figures. Haven't since the originals were out and I was in elementary school. Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but that's my taste.

I've fallen into the "I'll just buy a couple charaters I like" trap with Mighty Muggs (my desk is currently being over-run by a Sith/Cobra joint invasion, not to mention Lando, Biggs, Galactus...), and I ended up buying all the Mego-style Famous Cover Legends a few years ago despite my intention to only get Dr. Doom.

But I can confidently say it's not even a possibility with 3 3/4". They just look so puny next to everything I own. If I was going to go small I would have done it with DCIH already. Somebody actually gave me a couple of DCIH 3-packs for a birhday present, and I sold them on ebay for barely above retail(shhh).

Basically what I'm saying is that when toy companies come out with a product I like, but decide not to get because of space or price... I usually end up buying it anyway. They come out with something I don't like, takes up more space than I want to commit, and is ridiculously over-priced? That I can resist.

this is exacly what i said. peaple will buy this line because they have to wait a year to get something new for their legends collection. just because peaple are boring of waiting this line will work. sad actualy that a company has to go this way to sell their products and hasbro did every little damn thing to make the legends look like crap so that the universe line will succeed. it is even more sad that a new figure line cant compete with an old line like the legends :tongue::tongue:

hasbro doesnt even deliver them in my country. they werent on my orderlist for my shop. so i bet europe is out of it yet again. just movie crap as always.

this is exacly what i said. peaple will buy this line because they have to wait a year to get something new for their legends collection. just because peaple are boring of waiting this line will work. sad actualy that a company has to go this way to sell their products and hasbro did every little damn thing to make the legends look like crap so that the universe line will succeed. it is even more sad that a new figure line cant compete with an old line like the legends :tongue::tongue:

hasbro doesnt even deliver them in my country. they werent on my orderlist for my shop. so i bet europe is out of it yet again. just movie crap as always.

You people are ridiculous. What's sad is you have no self control. If you don't want to buy MU, don't. It makes it easier for me to find some. But seriously, you're going to spend money on figures you don't even want? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

And if Hasbro six inch figures are so crappy how did they manage to get NINE waves of ML's out, a set of two packs, a series of Iron Man figures and a few new Spider-Man figures. If they were so crappy why did every single person on this board buy them?

Shokker I'm sure it was their business plan to just turn a line into garbage just so they could make a smaller one. Genius. I've had these MU figures in my hand and I can tell you with time they're going to be just as good as ML's toys. If I recall other than Captain America the first three waves of ML's weren't exactly the gold standard.

I will never stop collecting marvel legends as long as they make characters I really want.

After seeing that Firestar, I am definately getting a mini collection in the MU. So far, I want the Spider Friends 2 pack, Tiger Stripe Wolverine, modern Ms. Marvel, and Captain America. I will be hooked if they make the Jim Lee X-men, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and FA Storm.