Nemesis wave new pics

SP1D3RxV3N0M

Well -- i finally caved and bought the nemesis set. I suggest big bad toy store as they have the entire case (12 figures) factory sealed for 209.00 --- cmd is now charging 209.00 for the 8 figures -- i decided to do it after cmd, legends and toyglobe all jacked up their prices over the last week. bbts is the only online retailer i am aware of that is offering the factory case of 12 and has not raised their price since they listed it several weeks ago. i decided against toyglobe due to the plethora of bad consumer reports on the net. I couldnt find any thing bad about bbts and their service was actually excellent. i ordered on friday and they shipped the following tuesday. i emailed them asking for an update and they responded within the hour -- very polite. Anyways -- it will be my dumb luck tht they will probably start showing in wal mart in the next 8 weeks -- oh well! I really did not want to pay this much for these but i also did not want to run the risk of missing out and being faced with further inflated prices on the net due to limited availability. I\m just not really thrilled about the marvel universe line -- i dont hate them i just really prefer the 6inch format -- more detail -- the mu line is not bad they're just so....small. just not my style i guess --- there are definitely a few i will still pick up but i dont feel the enthusiasm that i do for the 6 inch figures. anyways ...........

my case arrives on friday and as excited as i am to be getting them, im also a little sad as you can only experience getting that sought after figure set one time -- after you bust open the box and remove the figures, you can never experience that feeling again --- anybody else get that?

i am still looking forward the the 2 packs but frankly i'm not getting my hopes up too high - i'll believe it when they ship -- after all of the crap re this set and wal mart not putting them in the stores -- the mis information, lack of information (some of the figures coming out of canada have the 'only at wal mart' sticker on them -- why would hasbro g0 through the trouble to put the sticker on the figures if they werent already bought and ready to ship to walmart and why cant we get a definitive answer from someone at hasbro or walmart? the last i remember reading about this from hasbro was in a questionairre from either late oct or november -- on this site -- hasbro stated that the nemesis figures should start showing up 'in the next few weeks' -- right) im sure they could care less about some fan boy ranting cause he cant get his hands on their toys -- the money factor probably isnt enough for those guys to really care one bit well..... enough of my whining.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zachblaze,

the case fr bbts is a factory sealed case packaged for walmart -- i got it on friday -- every single figure has the 'only at wal mart' sticker on them --- ironic! should read only NOT at walmart -- anyways. the outside of the box is the same as any factory case fr hasbro -- purple writing --- it is a long box with one of those cardboard display boxes inside --- figures inside were:

1 - nova

1 - beast

1 - tigra

1 - blackbolt

1 - black punisher

2 - camo punisher

1 - yellow daredevil

1 - modern daredevil - marroon

ares wave

1 - scarlet spider

1 - war machine

1 - heroes reborn iron man

i love the holocaust BAF -- very nice -- it was pricey but bbts has excellent customer service and for what you get it is the cheapest deal on the net for this seriesi ordered on friday and received them on the following friday. I'm stil hoping that wal mart puts these out sometime this year --- i dont see how or why hasbro would manufacture these and put the walmart sticker on them unless wal mart had already committed and purchased them --- i'd really love to have a set sealed.

I ordered last week, I was just checking if it was the real deal. They Said, "We believe that this case will include the following figures, as well as the pieces needed to form the 'Build-a-Figure' Nemesis, as well as possible Ares pieces, though not enough to complete the figure.."

the Line "We Believe" kind of made me worry about what really comes in the case. BTTS is now is sold out of them, so lucky i placed my order last week. I think that BTTS was a deal, cuz I can sell the 3 Ares figures and One Punisher.

My guess is that Wal-mart made a deal to buy them, but then backed out, cuz BBTS should not have these because their main store is in USA, which would break Wal-Marts "Only at Wal-Mart" deal.

Also Hasbro said that Wal-mart has them, which could be a lie. Hasbro could easily place blame one wal-mart and save face for their re-boot of Marvel legends in July. If news broke that Wal-Mart didnt canceled their own line and with wal-mart canceling their shipment of the SERIES Two 2 packs, Hasbro might have a harder time trying to sell the Re-boots in july to major companies like Target, K-Mart, and Shop-Ko, ETC.....

So Hasbro sells the line to Canada stores and other online toy companies to keep fans some what happy and stop asking them questions.

cool --- you as happy with it as i have been?

Other then NOVa having a red line on his chin, i am very happy with the line. I F**king love them. Well worth the extra money, since I doubt wal-mart will ever put them out. Now I need to buy another Nick/Ult Cap 2pack, so I can take off their gun and belts to put them on the PUNISHERS.

Chill on the Hasbro hate...

The Nemesis series shipped to Walmarts in Canada first. Canadian Walmarts

are still part of the Walmart corporation. Ergo Walmart has received the merch

in question but still have not shipped to stores in the U.S. as far as I know.

Uh... what? These aren't at Canada Wal-Marts, these aren't in Wal-Marts anywhere.

These are being sold in comic book shops. Hasbro said they shipped these to Wal-Mart a couple of months ago, which is seeming more and more unlikely as multiple Wal-Mart employees, on multiple sites have reported that these are nowhere to be found in their system. Wal-Mart doesn't dump overstock on comic shop distributers. If these were popping up at discount stores like T.J. Maxx, Tuesday Morning, ect, instead of comic shops, then I would believe Hasbro's claim to having shipped them already, and maybe "chill on the Hasbro hate".

But they're not - so I don't, and I won't.

Hasbro is doing everyhing they can to manipulate the toy buying market away from 6", and toward 3 3/4". They're far cheaper to produce (not only because of their smaller size, but also the absence of a BAF or diorama piece that Toybiz had made the standard for ML), sell for nearly the same price, and take up less shelf space. They have no intention of letting the consumer decide which line they prefer, so don't look to see MU and ML next to each other on retail shelves anytime soon.

The Hasbro apologists say that's just how business is done... except Mattel is producing DC figures in both scales at the same time, on the same shelves. I don't like or collect DC Infinite Heroes, but you don't see Mattel sabotaging DC Universe Classics in response to a selective buyer. Wal-Mart carries both DCIH and DCUC, but is supposedly refusing to stock ML because of the scale. Are we really supposed to believe that? Is Hasbro actually trying to make us believe that ML are being phased out because retailers just don't like them? This is a ridiculously transparent attempt to place the blame for ML's demise on somebody else, because they don't want to be the bad guy.

The result is that whether you prefer 6" or 3 3/4", you're set with DC figures because of the way Mattel does business. Quite simply - you, the buyer, gets to choose. On the Marvel side it's what Hasbro chooses - you want new figures? You buy 3 3/4". Fan polls for new, and highly demanded characters? You buy 3 3/4". You want BAF's? Eh, we'll throw in a repainted Icon figure for the 3 3/4" crowd.

As for 6" collectors? The last two years worth of scraps of unreleased figures, and repainted movie figures nobody bought the first time around.

Yeah, we should really lay off Hasbro.

:hulk:

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!

Wal-Mart Canada does not get ANY Wal-Mart exclusive action figures. NONE. The figures were shipping to comic and independent toy stores in Canada. Not Wal-Mart.

The figures are a Wal-Mart America exclusive.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!

Wal-Mart Canada does not get ANY Wal-Mart exclusive action figures. NONE. The figures were shipping to comic and independent toy stores in Canada. Not Wal-Mart.

How did those stores get them? Are they exclusive to Wal-Mart only in America?

This is all sounding very fishy it's been months and still no sighthing on those figures and then only online retailers and Canada getting them something stinks here. I understand the need to be patient but when there's no sign of a figure wave that was shown finished over a year ago and is exclusive to the biggest toy retailer in the U.S. well one might start worrying. Next time make them Toys r Us exclusive at least they get their exclusives.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!

How did those stores get them? Are they exclusive to Wal-Mart only in America?

Yes all Wal-Mart exclusive action figures are only available in America. No other country gets them.

I gotta say amen to you Madthinker. You're echoing the sentiments I've been piping about the whole time I've been a member here.

Hasbro is run just like the rest of the big corporations in this country. Too many high paid executives with fat salaries that don't leave enough money to properly man the ground level working force to produce a quality and reasonably priced product. Keep in mind, 90% of the large corporations give their management bonuses and raises every year regardless of annual profits, so the prices are only gonna get worse.

It is actually very reasonable to assume they are manipulating the market to force us to accept MU as the Marvel action figure standard. C'mon, using 25% of the plastic, paint and packaging and charging almost the same price as a ML which included a BAF. It's all extra money in Hasbro's pocket.

With the news of the impending MU Premium line, which for the most part seem to be the same poorly made MU figures with "accesories" that should have come with the figure in the first place, it has become all too clear that both MU and ML are intended to be nothing more than supplimental lines to fuel the true reason they payed Marvel so much for the license, the movie based figures.

I've said it before. Marvel is just as much at fault for the state of ML as Hasbro is. If Marvel ever truly cared about the integrity and quality of the Marvel action figure line they never would have sold the license to Hasbro, but as you know, the all mighty dollar covers a lot of shortcomings.

I'm sure Marvel has an out clause in case Hasbro screws it up too bad but Marvel products are the hot item and I don't think they have anything to worry about. ML or even MU isn't Marvel's major concern right now. With the upcoming explosion of so many movie and animation projects on the horizon, what they want now is as much exposure to the general populace as possible and Hasbro is the kind of company to get it done.

You want quality and sensible cost, look elsewhere for your toy manufacturer. You wan mass exposure and huge and optimal profit, Hasbro has perfected the art.

I gotta say amen to you Madthinker. You're echoing the sentiments I've been piping about the whole time I've been a member here.

Hasbro is run just like the rest of the big corporations in this country. Too many high paid executives with fat salaries that don't leave enough money to properly man the ground level working force to produce a quality and reasonably priced product. Keep in mind, 90% of the large corporations give their management bonuses and raises every year regardless of annual profits, so the prices are only gonna get worse.

It is actually very reasonable to assume they are manipulating the market to force us to accept MU as the Marvel action figure standard. C'mon, using 25% of the plastic, paint and packaging and charging almost the same price as a ML which included a BAF. It's all extra money in Hasbro's pocket.

With the news of the impending MU Premium line, which for the most part seem to be the same poorly made MU figures with "accesories" that should have come with the figure in the first place, it has become all too clear that both MU and ML are intended to be nothing more than supplimental lines to fuel the true reason they payed Marvel so much for the license, the movie based figures.

I've said it before. Marvel is just as much at fault for the state of ML as Hasbro is. If Marvel ever truly cared about the integrity and quality of the Marvel action figure line they never would have sold the license to Hasbro, but as you know, the all mighty dollar covers a lot of shortcomings.

I'm sure Marvel has an out clause in case Hasbro screws it up too bad but Marvel products are the hot item and I don't think they have anything to worry about. ML or even MU isn't Marvel's major concern right now. With the upcoming explosion of so many movie and animation projects on the horizon, what they want now is as much exposure to the general populace as possible and Hasbro is the kind of company to get it done.

You want quality and sensible cost, look elsewhere for your toy manufacturer. You wan mass exposure and huge and optimal profit, Hasbro has perfected the art.

Amen to Madthinker and you as well, monron999.

Has it occurred to anyone that Hasbro started showing off this wave of figures in 2007? That's 2 YEARS ago that we started seeing the figures that are scarcely showing up at comic shops in Canada... probably because those shops ordered cases from online retailers.

I think Wal-Mart decided it didn't want to devote shelf space to a series of figures that, aside from Punisher, no one outside of hardcore Marvel fans would ever recognize... Black Bolt, Nova, Tigra, Yellow Daredevil and Modern Beast. C'mon, no kid cruising the toy aisle at Wally-World is going to be begging his mother for a Tigra action figure.

So, what likely happened, is either Wal-Mart or Hasbro unloaded these on the only outlets that would take them... online retailers who knew they could jack up the price and sell them to hardcore collectors like us.

I'm sorry to say, but at this point, anyone who believes that the Nemesis Wave is ever showing up at Wal-Mart or any other retail store is just kidding themselves.