from everything i've seen and heard hasbro wanted the marvel line so they could clear off peg space before transformers 2 and g.i. joe were released to theaters. they release the minimum quota set by marvel and raise the cost of figures to cover the licensing fee paid to marvel. the 3.75 figures are new and the cost difference between them and joe's is the exact cost of your average fee. hasbro was always vocal in the past at feeling toy-biz was granted too much space on shelves for such a small company, and they were involved in the anti-monopoly law suit against toy-biz. as far as hasbro hate goes i think it's fair.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay that's fine assuming the lawsuit against ToyBiz was for a truly noble cause as they would have us believe, but we all know the truth about that.

The only monopoly TB was guilty of was using a smaller business model, employing only as many upper management as was truly needed and using the savings to produce a superior product and in turn forcing the entire industry to change in order to compete.

Basically all the old dogs teamed up on the new kid on the block who came in with new ideas and plans to breath new life into an industry that had really not improved by much since the hay day of Thundercats and MOTU in the 80's.

They took the detail of McFarlane, the size scale of Jakks Pacific & Mattel and the articulation that was only used on much larger and expensive figures and meshed them all together to make a hybrid which we will never see the likes of again. It's not a monopoly, it's called innovation.

Doesn't anyone notice that the worse the Hasbro products get, the worse the products of other companies get as well. One company dictating the overall quality of the toy industry, now that's a monopoly. The only difference is Hasbro has deep enough pockets to convince regulators to turn the other way.

The one company that seems to be making an attempt to improve and make a better product in the wake of the loss of TB is Bandai who are producing some decent looking toys and have even take up the BAF concept that Hasbro was only too excited to abandon and at a decent price.

It won't be long before big brother Hasbro finds a reason to lead the charge to eliminate this vile threat that is in danger of bringing the industry down to it's foundation.

Don't know how Hasbro ever got any true collector to drink the Kool Aid, but those guys are out there. I guess there's just some people out there who prefer high prices and poor product to the other option.

• 2 weeks later...
am i the only person who doesn't care bout the Red DD and more for the Yellow DD? I mean you've seen one DD you seen them all.

I probally be getting them next week. When I do I'll do my quick review thing.

I agree, there are so many red DD's but only one yellow ,and it goes for $$$$$$$$$$$$ ,so those of us that missed the first one get a much better one IMHO.