Help Needed from Those Who Have ML Ser. 1 Stealth Iron Man

slackerforhire

Hey Guys,

I just won a loose Stealth Iron Man off of eBay (the devil). I received it today, and upon opening the box and tearing off the bubble wrap, I noticed a couple of oddities - First off, his head is fixed at a slight upward angle (the neck still turns). Second, near where his neck meets his head, there is a lot of white and faded blue... I would think this area would be dark blue. Are these things normal for this figure? I'm sure I already know the answer, but this is the first I've even seen the figure in person, so I am somewhat hopeful that I could be wrong... but I have a feeling my crappy thought isn't getting any better.

Any thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I paid $65 plus shipping for him. I sent a message to the seller last night, saying that the figure didn't come as described (really loose torso and the weirdness with the neck), and asked if I could send it back and get a refund. I'm also kicking myself, because once I had the figure in hand, something about the waist didn't look right, and then it hit me - it's missing the pads from both sides... there are just two holes where they should be. I didn't mention that in the message, because that was my fault - they were missing in the pictures on the auction, and I never noticed. I didn't notice the problems with the head & neck from the pictures on the auction - the head was at an upward angle, but I didn't think anything of it, as I just figured the head was on a ball joint. As for the white and faded blue around the neck area, it was impossible to tell from the pictures, and it wasn't mentioned in the description, and my naivete led me to believe that this figure was ok (it said that the figure is in great condition with tight joints).

I'd really like to be civil about this, but it's basically going to come down to "take the figure and give me back my money." As much as I've wanted this figure since I started collecting in 2002 or 2003, I'd prefer to have one that I'm not going to look at every day and see the faults.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered their suggestions!

I'd really like to be civil about this, but it's basically going to come down to "take the figure and give me back my money." As much as I've wanted this figure since I started collecting in 2002 or 2003, I'd prefer to have one that I'm not going to look at every day and see the faults.

Unfortunately, you don't have the luxury of being civil for too long. eBay doesn't give you much time to open a dispute or leave feedback--only 60 days. If he hasn't e-mailed you back in the next few days, open an "Item Not as Described" dispute through eBay, and open a dispute through PayPal if you can. (It's been a while, but PayPal still does its own disputes, right?)

Negative feedback is nice and all, but it won't get you your money back. Make sure when you open the dispute that you properly describe this as FRAUD, because that's what it is.

Also, I'm sure you already know this, but just in case, you can check out Stealth Iron Man in this site's Database to compare it to yours.

slacker -- sorry to hear about this -- definitely do not wait to file a dispute -- i got burned once for 150.00 -- a pre order for a black cat sideshow comiquette from what appeared to be a reputable dealer -- had 99% positive feedback -- comments were favorable --- after sideshow released the piece, i waited 2-3 weeks -- never came. so i contacted the seller and received a reply that basically stated don't have it yet but will send asap and please dont leave negative feedback, give me a chance etc.. Well, i never got the piece and abt 4 weeks after i checked his feedback for the past 4 weeks and this guy just disappeared and took everybody's money. there were dozens of comments all negative -- i never heard from him again and it was too late to file with pay pal and ebay-- 'cause i was trying to be the nice guy and give him a chance i got burned for 150.00. i never would have placed that order but the preorders at sideshow were sold out. luckily i had put myself on their waiting list and i got the piece from sideshow. i will never do a pre-order with anyone on ebay ever again after that experience and i will never wait to file disputes if something does not show up. anyways, that's my 5 dollars on the subject. i hope you are successful.

Well, it looks like things are going to work out. I heard back from the seller, who says she was selling it on behalf of her son, who neglected to tell her that the head had been broken off and reattached. She said she will refund my winning bid, so hopefully by the end of the week, this whole crappy experience can be behind me.

I'll be sure to insure and get a tracking number, just to make sure this isn't one final attempt to screw me over. (Wow, I sound jaded)

Thanks again to all of you. I really appreciate your help and suggestions

Just curious Slacker, I had a similar situation with an e bay auction for the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. The motercycle was broken and glued together. The seller refunded my money and claimed her son didnt tell her he broke it and glued it back together. Who did you buy it from? Just wondering if it was the same seller. Glad things worked out for you

I'll be sure to insure and get a tracking number, just to make sure this isn't one final attempt to screw me over. (Wow, I sound jaded)

You're not jaded at all. In fact, this brings back bad memories. A couple years ago I won a First Appearance Iron Man, and the auction photo showed it with the mask on. Turns out it was because the face was missing some paint.

I opened a dispute, and the seller agreed to take it back. So I send it back to him, and he pretends not to have gotten it until I catch him by e-mailing a scan of the delivery confirmation. Then he simply stops responding to e-mails and never refunds me. And of course, while I was trying to be all nice and reasonable, the time for the dispute ran out. So I just ended up getting screwed.

Now I waste no time opening disputes. Too many sellers are complete frauds. But I'm glad your situation is on its way to getting all worked out.