MU Machine Man & Genis-Vell

CAL

Hey Guys,

First time posting on this board. Just wanted to introduce myself and what better way than with customs! I have Machine Man and Genis-Vell here and they're in the Marvel Universe scale. I was reluctant to pick up the MU line at first, but when I saw them in person, the little guys just kinda grew on me. Anyway, hope ya like!

Machine Man

base: MU Silver Surfer

belt: Apoxie Sculpt

paint: model master citdel acrylics

MMF.jpg

Genis-Vell

base: MU Human Torch

head: Some GI Joe head

bands: Apoxie Sculpt

paint: model master citdel acrylics

GenisF.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated!

NightousCrawler: I usually move the joints back as far as possible, apply the paint, let dry for a while (you'll wanna let the paint set and completely dry before moving the joints, otherwise, you just ending up ruining your hard work), then repeat this step moving the joints back the other way to reach the spots that I missed.

billmaru: The model master and citadel paints actually hold up really well in those areas, I haven't had much problem with paint rub, so i didn't bother sanding down those tiny discs or anything like that. I just try to lay down as few coats as possible. But always let your paint dry completely in any joint areas before moving them, being patient does pay off. I used to lay down a quick coat, then get impatient and move the joint before the paint dried and ended up ruining that area and having to redo the the paint work.

Hey Cal, I can't beleive it's the legend himself! As always great job on the customs. Was it harder for you to customize the pint size legends? Alot of people complain about these little guys but I see alot potential with these figures. I'm already making custom vehicles from other toy lines for these little guys. I can't wait to see more from you CAL. :biggrin:

hellion: Thanks. Unfortunately, just these two and the Grey Gargoyle for now. I got a few more on the way very soon.

Toysniper: Appreciate the comments. It's actually a bit easier for me because there's a lot less area to paint. I'm with you, there's a lotta potential in this line. I prefer the 6 inch series, but MU is kinda neat in its own right. Let me know when those vehicles are done, i wanna check them out. Thanks.