3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I went to walmart tonight to pick up a johnny storm fig for a custom base and found something that gave me a chuckle. All those ML figs that just came out are all on the clearance isle allready. I thought that was funny and a good sign of the MU fig's popularity over the ML...at least around here.

Oh yeah man that's hilarious!

I bet it was all the re-packed Ares wave crap that everyone already had. Hasbro does make a lot of crap; all Marvel Legends aren't awesome just like all MU figs aren't awesome. I used to be so against them and still am for the most part but I must admit I bought the Comic packs b/c the comic in the background is what I loved so much about Toybiz Figs and I also have Red Hulk, Daredevil & Dark Blue & White Thing.

BTW Spardyman never did say anything negative to anyone here. He just said the MU figs are turdcutters. Not MU fans. Well except for the shut yer yap part haha.

I seem to recall ML's looking like ass-crack when they first came out also!

Yes. When Hasbro started making them.

That is his point, Universe is just starting.

when hasbro started making them, they wernt worse or better, but when you compare MU to ML, there is so much more detail and better paint apps then even TB did, considering how small they are.

MU FTW!

So what are you guys finding as the most common figures in your area?

ROFL Awesome question. Tons of peg warmers like Human torch, Thing, Ronin, White Knight, Blade, Stealth Ironman, Hobgoblin, Punisher, Iron Fist, Hand Ninja....by far the most are Ronin and Hand Ninja.

How the hell is Iron Fist a pegwarmer? I saw him once and was too stupid to buy him.

Where there are slim pegs around Austin, mostly its blue Human Torch and Ronin. The Hands and Stealth IMs used to warm but finally got cleared out; however, there are a few back now with the new Wave 4 rev which seems to be never ending!

Iron Fist is back in the latest rev of Wave 4 and he should be again (with a closed fist) in wave 5, so bide your time and you'll see plenty of him.

Prem1x what other figures from previous waves will be coming out again soon? I don't know much about that.

Johhny, Ronin, Hand Ninja, Black Spiderman are common for me.

Figs I would like to see

Moon Knight

Rulk

Bullseye (wouldn't everyone? lol)

Dare Devil

And believe it or not, Modern iron Man. I passed every chance I got, now I kinda want him.

Prem1x what other figures from previous waves will be coming out again soon? I don't know much about that.

One thing you can do for info is look at the "Official List" thread in this forum to see what's in what wave and then also compare that to what's being kept up to date on Wikipedia both of which are kept up by enthusiasts.

Then, online action figure stores like BBTS will sell unopened cases direct to the consumer and Hasbro tells them what the contents will be up front (subject to change). If you click here you see we appear to be (from what we seeing hanging on pegs) in Wave 4 Revision 2 or possibly an unknown Revision 3 if people are seeing original-style Iron Fists being re-stocked.

My comments were based on that info, that Wave 5 will refill Iron Fist (the new fisted/Spidey body). I'm waiting on my chance to get my first Grey Hulk and Daredevil in that wave too.

Poopoo head really? Your post proves to me that you are trying to cause an argument so I'm not buying. You insulted collectors of MU, but they are just toys and it isn't really a big deal you had your say others responded and you lashed out. It is ok. I like this forum mostly because people on here are very supportive of one another and I don't see the same negativity on here I do on other sites so lets drop it you like Marvel Legends we get it you hate MU because they are small and not as well sculpted. I would stay out of the forum clearly marked Marvel Universe 3.75 then if it is going to upset you so.

For someone who's not buying,you sure are dwelling alot about it.Besides your wimsical and hard pressed argument has changed my mind. I LOVE MU now.I will buy them all. You've taught me how easy it is to drop something when it's down(MLs,sick relatives,the hope for a free and prosperous america.) and just take what they give me, no matter how poorly sculpted it is. If hasbro actually tried to make a good product with MU then maybe the above statement would be correct. p.s. I had to say poopoo head cause Clam got mad when I used other words like %$*%@ and *&%#!

I also meant when Toy Biz first made ML also. The Hulk and Thing were horrendous. As well as Dr. Doom, Daredevil, Ironman, and scrawny Black Spidey. I always thought the shoulders loked stupid on those first ones. Like the old Tom & Jerry cartoon where Tom had a coat hanger in his jacket to make himself look buff. Just didn't look natural.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that your Marvel Legend toys meant as much to you as sick relatives and the nation in which you live. I really apologize then. I will say this I agree with you that some of the sculpts are pretty poor or not well thought out. Ronin's legs don't move because of his costume and I am extremely disappointed in the new Jean Grey if she is hunched over as she appears to be, but overall I like the line because of the 3.75 size. I did also collect Marvel Legends for a time, but I saw the same thing some figures were absolutely great and some were sub par.

Do you (collectors) prefer to keep the figures in the packages unopened or do you buy an extra one unopened and play with another?

I usually buy an extra of the ones I like. Picked up a Modern Ironman today. My son loved Captain America from yesterday! Saw 2 Iron Fists at Wally world still, didn't pick it up because I am not familiary with Iron Fist.

i thought the same when i first saw iron fist, and let him go. later i regretted the decision since i started trying to get everyone. i found him again recently with a closed fist sculpt and got that one(pretty happy with him now).

anyway i open all of my figures, i realized i wasnt ever going to try and sell them. the only ones i have in the box still are my 70th anniversary cap,torch,namor, and skull.

also, to anyone insulting other lines of figures. i dont understand why you are picking on people with the same hobby as you. shouldnt we unite, and be happy that there are diverse opinions about our hobby so we get more products? if we all had the same opinion then collecting toys would be a very boring pastime, since all we would get is the same figure over and over. diversity is good, it helps the growth of creativity, and its also a good testing ground to see what consumers want.

i suggest you complain directly to hasbro, start a petition. make your voice heard to the people who make your hobby exist. let them know they are letting you down. i just dont think its a good idea to bring negativity to a forum dedicated to fans where they are having fun and feel positive to post here.

i thought the same when i first saw iron fist, and let him go. later i regretted the decision since i started trying to get everyone. i found him again recently with a closed fist sculpt and got that one(pretty happy with him now).

anyway i open all of my figures, i realized i wasnt ever going to try and sell them. the only ones i have in the box still are my 70th anniversary cap,torch,namor, and skull.

also, to anyone insulting other lines of figures. i dont understand why you are picking on people with the same hobby as you. shouldnt we unite, and be happy that there are diverse opinions about our hobby so we get more products? if we all had the same opinion then collecting toys would be a very boring pastime, since all we would get is the same figure over and over. diversity is good, it helps the growth of creativity, and its also a good testing ground to see what consumers want.

i suggest you complain directly to hasbro, start a petition. make your voice heard to the people who make your hobby exist. let them know they are letting you down. i just dont think its a good idea to bring negativity to a forum dedicated to fans where they are having fun and feel positive to post here.

Word to tha mutha!

Went to wal mart. I saw the handful of heroes and passed. I dont get why they have random assortments. If they had set figs in each one, it would make them easier to collect.

For the regular MU figs they had claasic ms. marvel, black punisher, classic iron man, iron fist (without fist), blade, union jack, stealth iron man, and moon knight which I got.

They also had sooo many of the comic packs it was crazy.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that your Marvel Legend toys meant as much to you as sick relatives and the nation in which you live. I really apologize then. I will say this I agree with you that some of the sculpts are pretty poor or not well thought out. Ronin's legs don't move because of his costume and I am extremely disappointed in the new Jean Grey if she is hunched over as she appears to be, but overall I like the line because of the 3.75 size. I did also collect Marvel Legends for a time, but I saw the same thing some figures were absolutely great and some were sub par.

I saw that ronin and thats been a problem with lots of toylines (doc doom comes to mind)

the rulk is a nice representation of quality in this line if they applied themselves. the secret wars 2 packs are a like /hate relationship (can't say love).that wolvie/torch set makes me laugh because the torch looks ok(better than recent ML attempts) but that wolvie looks like crap with terrible paint apps and crooked claw syndrome.