3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Local WalMart finally got new cases of wave 4, looks like Capt America was re-issued b/c there were a couple on the pegs.... Picked up a Moon Knight (finally) and a Dark Blue Johnny Storm

I found the same assortment at my Walmart 2 days ago. It sounds like this is the case revision that's hitting Walmarts right now so anyone who's looking for the Human Torch Variant (Dark Blue/White) should check it out. Just FYI Target seems to be getting Wave 4 Revision 2.

Case Breakdowns:

Wave 4 Revision 1

Local WalMart finally got new cases of wave 4, looks like Capt America was re-issued b/c there were a couple on the pegs.... Picked up a Moon Knight (finally) and a Dark Blue Johnny Storm

I found the same assortment at my Walmart 2 days ago. It sounds like this is the case revision (Wave 4, Revision 1) that's hitting Walmarts right now so anyone who's looking for the Human Torch Variant (Dark Blue/White) should check it out. Just FYI Target seems to be getting Wave 4, Revision 2.

Case Breakdowns:

Wave 4, Revision 1 :

1x Iron Man (Classic)

1x Human Torch (Dark Blue/White)

1x Spider-Man (Dark Blue/Red)

1x Iron Fist (Open Hand)

1x Captain America (Ultimate)

1x Spider-Man (Black)

1x Hand Ninja

1x Iron Man (Modern Stealth)

1x Union Jack

1x Red Hulk

1x Moon Knight

1x Blade

Wave 4, Revision 2:

2x Iron Man (Modern)

1x Black Panther

1x Hulk

1x Green Goblin

1x Spider-Man (Black)

1x Ms Marvel (Modern)

1x Punisher (Modern)

1x Thing (Dark Blue/White)

1x Hobgoblin

1x Red Hulk

Just a side note:

I believe Wave 5, Revision 2 should have the new Daredevil Variant (Dark Red)!

Also, Ronin isn't shipping in any upcoming waves or revisions, at least through wave 1 2010, so I think we can all disregard the rumors of the Ronin variant (black) coming anytime soon, if at all.

I only saw Ultimate Cap twice. Once I got Green Hulk instead, and I bought him over Green Goblin the second time. I never saw Green Hulk again, and oh how I wish I would've gotten GG. Regular Cap is all over the place now.

Do we have a date for these releases?

Wave 5

Secret Wars 2

:hulk:

Wave 5 is already at comic shops and internet retailers so it should be showing up at the big box stores within the next couple of weeks. As for Secret Wars wave 2 internet retailers say September, so I'd expect to see them in stores at the end of September or the begining of October.

I found the same assortment at my Walmart 2 days ago. It sounds like this is the case revision (Wave 4, Revision 1) that's hitting Walmarts right now so anyone who's looking for the Human Torch Variant (Dark Blue/White) should check it out. Just FYI Target seems to be getting Wave 4, Revision 2.

Case Breakdowns:

Wave 4, Revision 1 :

1x Iron Man (Classic)

1x Human Torch (Dark Blue/White)

1x Spider-Man (Dark Blue/Red)

1x Iron Fist (Open Hand)

1x Captain America (Ultimate)

1x Spider-Man (Black)

1x Hand Ninja

1x Union Jack

1x Red Hulk

1x Moon Knight

1x Blade

Wave 4, Revision 2:

2x Iron Man (Modern)

1x Black Panther

1x Hulk

1x Green Goblin

1x Spider-Man (Black)

1x Ms Marvel (Modern)

1x Punisher (Modern)

1x Thing (Dark Blue/White)

1x Hobgoblin

1x Red Hulk

Just a side note:

I believe Wave 5, Revision 2 should have the new Daredevil Variant (Dark Red)!

Also, Ronin isn't shipping in any upcoming waves or revisions, at least through wave 1 2010, so I think we can all disregard the rumors of the Ronin variant (black) coming anytime soon, if at all.

sounds exactly right, I saw the Target wave 4 yesterday... on a side note, I had a question about the Grey Hulk...I thought he was wave 3 but today at lunch I went to ToysRUs and a very kind young woman brought out the MU they had in the back which was 3 cases of wave 3 and let me crack them all open, but not 1 grey hulk... was he only issued in very few cases or during a revision?

Same here AoD

21dimensions, is that all targets you think? I might stop by and get a GG if I can today then.The Targets by me haven't had new MU in weeks.

Unfortunately in this hobby there are no certainties but this seems to be the trend, plus all of the Targets I've been to recently have gotten more stock since their resets a couple of weeks ago.

I went by my local TRU tonight and they had the first wave of those Iron Man: Armored Adventures toys. I picked up the usual red and yellow iron man just to see how they were. Sculpt wise these things are pretty good and really accurate to the show, even the face under the removable mask is well done. As far as articulation goes.....total fail. Poor little tony has about as much articulation as a super hero squad fig. The shoulders and hips have the swivel joints like the old 90's toys did. The head is on a ball joint, and folks that's it for articulation. I know these are for kids (and we've got that Iron Man series coming next year) but it's still sad. I would say that unless you are a die hard Iron Man fan, pass on these.

As for MU finds tonight, the three packs were mostly gone (only a few of the DD,Iron Man, Surfer packs were left). Also, for some reason a few of the Ronin MU figs had a big price mark down sticker on them. Only Ronin though. None of the others had a mark down sticker in sight.

Got my Secret Wars sets from the Toys R Us website. I was really surprised and pleased with how nice the paint jobs were on these. My Captain America has the most crisply painted head of any of the three Caps I own, and the Human Torch head is very finely done as well.

Just as a quick aside; It's really nice to see some positive posts about this line. I get so sick of all of the negativity surrounding new lines. The majority of the toys we collect are mass produced and we need to accept that there are negative aspects to this (ie. maybe not as detailed as we'd like, paint issues, less character diversity), but there are just as many positive aspects (relatively easy to find in stores, cheap (compared to things produced on a smaller scale, like McFarlane toys for example) and healthy lines that can survive for years to come!). For some fans their personal list of cons outweighs their list of pros, but that's a really terrible reason to ruin an otherwise enjoyable hobby for thousands of other people. It really all comes down to this: If you don't like them, don't buy them, and if their such "crap" in your eyes why even bother spending your time discussing them. Is your time really so invaluable to you?

Yay 21 Dimensions! Up the plus/speak!

I finally received my Secret Wars packs from TRU online, too. Horrible service experience there, but the sets themselves were great. Wolverine just glows with coolness-pretty much the way he always did in that costume-the Human Torch is really well-represented and cool, and Klaw and Thunderball are just such cool characters to have in a collection. Standing them on the shelves next to Guardian and Iron Fist and the Chaste Ninja and Union Jack makes me feel that I have a really specialized, cool collection. Can hardly wait for Magneto or for Piledriver or Hawkeye! (and Ultron, and Storm, and Dr. Doom, and....)

Yay 21 Dimensions! Up the plus/speak!

I finally received my Secret Wars packs from TRU online, too. Horrible service experience there, but the sets themselves were great. Wolverine just glows with coolness-pretty much the way he always did in that costume-

sorry, I just can't agree with this comment.That paintjob on that wolvie has been terrible on at least 10 different two packs I've looked at. the rest were ok though.