3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Bought all of Secret Wars Wave 2 in Princeton, NJ Wal-Mart.

Black Costume Spider-Man's leg pops off but is easily re-attached. It just comes when you bend it around a lot. Not really a problem but I might return it if I feel like it. First problem with MU I've had (besides the prices)...

The only Wave 5 figures I've seen so far are Spidey and Iron Man and those were both passes.

Magneto's height really sucks.

Here's what was left at the stores...

Wal-Mart #1: 2 Hulk/Cyclops, 1 Magneto/Spidey, 2 Iron Man/Spider-Woman

Wal-Mart #2: 3 Iron Man/Spider-Womans, 0 Magneto/Spidey, 1 Hulk/Cyclops

Seems like Magneto/Spider-Man is the favorite.

REALLY LIKE: Hulk, Cyclops (perfect figures)

LIKE: Magneto (great sculpt, wrong height, though) Spider-Man (no highlights!) Iron Man (love the colors)

DON'T LIKE: Spider-Woman (very short)

Bought all of secret wars wave 2, and new figs from xmow wave 4. Tired of searching for them around here. Been to 6 wal marts. 4 targets. 2 trus. All about 10 times each. they never have anything. even ordered them for my store over 3 weeks ago. I usually have no trouble at all, let alone this much. Thank god for ebay, good sellers, and promotional codes!

Bought all of secret wars wave 2, and new figs from xmow wave 4. Tired of searching for them around here. Been to 6 wal marts. 4 targets. 2 trus. All about 10 times each. they never have anything. even ordered them for my store over 3 weeks ago. I usually have no trouble at all, let alone this much. Thank god for ebay, good sellers, and promotional codes!

Yeah this wave has been coming late! Didn't the last wave show up in like May? I found the Cyclops and Iceman XMO wave like one week after the first online find. That's how it usually is around here. Oh well, at least I still have the thrill of the hunt! :wink:

I went to two wal-marts in Vegas today.

One had the usual, stealth ironman, hand ninja so on and so forth.

Guess how many MU figs the other wal-mart had?

If you said 0 you are right! I couldn't believe it. Not just 0 figs, but no tags on the pegs either. I thought every wal-mart in the country had something, either a spot for them or an actual figure.

You gotta change it up.

Here's what I've found on my journeys.

TOYS R US in Norwalk, CT. It was here I discovered MU 3.75". I bought 15 of them at once (the huge initial series). When the Wolvie/Sabretooth pack dropped, it was here. Secret Wars Series 1 2-Packs? Saw 'em here first. I found the XMO:W Iceman, Gambit, Maverick, and Cyclops here after a few re-visits.

Over the past 2 months, however, they have gotten no Series 4 or 5. A "gold mine" became a strip mine.

TARGET in Stamford, CT. They never had anything. Then they became loaded with Series 3 and 4. Now? Nothing really new (besides SW 1) in months.

WAL-MART in Norwalk, CT. NOTHING. EVER. FOR 4 MONTHS+ Then? Series 5 out of nowhere.

WAL-MART in Princeton, NJ. Went there a couple times. Nothing but Stealth IM and Ronin. Then? All three Secret Wars Series 2 two-packs.

TARGET in Philadelphia. Random shot. Hey! Old Man Punisher and Red Hulk, back when they were fairly hard to find (and still sort of are).

Ms. Marvel - Never seen either one. Finally ordered the modern one online today.

Deadpool (comics). Remember that first couple of weeks when he was IMPOSSIBLE to find? I was on vacation in Florida and found him in a Walgreens. Was so excited.

Never give up. That "shitty" store will eventually get these in! Trust me, I wouldn't have found Series 5 and some of the harder older figures if I didn't check on a hunch.

I LOVE THIS TOY LINE!

You gotta change it up.

Here's what I've found on my journeys.

TOYS R US in Norwalk, CT. It was here I discovered MU 3.75". I bought 15 of them at once (the huge initial series). When the Wolvie/Sabretooth pack dropped, it was here. Secret Wars Series 1 2-Packs? Saw 'em here first. I found the XMO:W Iceman, Gambit, Maverick, and Cyclops here after a few re-visits.

Over the past 2 months, however, they have gotten no Series 4 or 5. A "gold mine" became a strip mine.

TARGET in Stamford, CT. They never had anything. Then they became loaded with Series 3 and 4. Now? Nothing really new (besides SW 1) in months.

WAL-MART in Norwalk, CT. NOTHING. EVER. FOR 4 MONTHS+ Then? Series 5 out of nowhere.

WAL-MART in Princeton, NJ. Went there a couple times. Nothing but Stealth IM and Ronin. Then? All three Secret Wars Series 2 two-packs.

TARGET in Philadelphia. Random shot. Hey! Old Man Punisher and Red Hulk, back when they were fairly hard to find (and still sort of are).

Ms. Marvel - Never seen either one. Finally ordered the modern one online today.

Deadpool (comics). Remember that first couple of weeks when he was IMPOSSIBLE to find? I was on vacation in Florida and found him in a Walgreens. Was so excited.

Never give up. That "shitty" store will eventually get these in! Trust me, I wouldn't have found Series 5 and some of the harder older figures if I didn't check on a hunch.

I LOVE THIS TOY LINE!

Holy Sh!t!!! Stamford is real? And Marvel blew it up?

Haha, yeah. I moved up here in 2007 to work for WWE.

It was fun playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 IN Stamford and watching Stamford be blown up.

Can't believe they showed the NITRO BLAST hitting children during the cut scenes.

I re-read Civil War and when the heroes go to Stamford to help with the relief there is a sign for a comic store in the rubble. It's a real comic store we have in town.

I went to two wal-marts in Vegas today.

One had the usual, stealth ironman, hand ninja so on and so forth.

Guess how many MU figs the other wal-mart had?

If you said 0 you are right! I couldn't believe it. Not just 0 figs, but no tags on the pegs either. I thought every wal-mart in the country had something, either a spot for them or an actual figure.

Wrong. There are two wal mart super centers within an hour of me that don't carry marvel toys at all. Not even spiderman.

Went to a Wal-Mart & a Target here in Long Beach, CA and found these:

Wal-Mart: the usual - Hand Ninja, Spider-Man (right side up).

Target: was more interesting - Guardian, Electro, Spider-Man (upside down), Iron Man (silver and red), Namor and the only two out the three new 2-Packs. Hulk/Cyclops and Magneto/BC Spider-Man.

Interesting to note that the LCS that's on the same lot as the Target didn't have these new 2-Packs. The only things they got in new were: McFarlane Sports, DC Direct JLI and some more of the BTTF DeLoreans.

Came home with Spider-woman today! And another Iron Man I don't know what to do with.

I am hoping to pick up a second Spider-woman and paint her into a Jessica Drew. I'm sure they'll put out a Jessica Drew figure sometime in the next year, but I want mine now, for now! The Julia Carpenter figure is beautiful, by the way. The color scheme is just electric. The orange of her hair is just a really exciting color. Wish I had a comic or two which actually dealt with Julia Carpenter-besides Secret Wars, I mean-it would make the figure so much more meaningful.

I got a GI Joe movie Cover Girl which, along with movie Destro's mask, will make me a Leper Queen. I'm going to repaint her combat fatigues and try and cut a scabby-scalp from the back of Destro's head. Just putting the head on the figure made her look a lot like the Leper Queen. Thankfully, Cover Girl's arms look surprisingly emaciated, so weathering them to look scarred can be a minimal task. She nearly looks as she does when Mike Choi and Sonia Oback draw her.

Maybe word spreads fast from this board? the Secret Wars wave II packs arrived at my local Target just recently, but the Magneto/Black Spidey pack is peg-warming right now. There was only one Spider-Woman and no Cyclops/Hulk set. Luckily I ordered those already.

My Magneto fix is simple. I don't really mind the look of the figure, but I am going to go ahead and replace his torso, upper legs and arms down to the elbows with a modern Sub-Mariner. I'll swap their waistbands. It ought to give him a little more height and heft. Meanwhile, I'm going to use Namor's gauntlets and build me an Astonishing-costume Cyclops out of the Secret Wars Cyclops. I'm still looking at options for Cyclop's Astonishing lower-legs. Every artist draws his lower legs in the Astonishing costume differently. For Terry Dodson he appears to have full metal shinguards, but Deodato and Land and others draw either little yellow rings around his ankles or pretty much no special books at all. So kind of a quandary.

I like the Cyclops Secret Wars figure a lot, but here's my thing; that costume dates back to a time when I couldn't stand Cyclops as a character-I used to think of him as an insufferable prig, and I was outraged by those ridiculous issues of From the Ashes where he took out the whole rest of the X-men by his lonesome, which struck me as totally unbelievable. Nowadays I really enjoy his presence-leading the X-men like an jerk, knowing he's a jerk, but no longer sensitive and hurt by it. Sleeping with a super-villain. This is a Summers to grow on. So I want a really good version of the Astonishing costume, and I think I've got to make one. The XO figure is just not too cool. Even after replacing his arms, I can't get over what a tiny head he has. It's like he squishes himself into the hood and it's too tight and it compresses his cranium.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that whenever he takes off the hood these days Summers has really long, Lorenzo Lamas-style hair? I suppose not that extreme, but still...what does he do with it when he puts the hood on? Does he tuck it into the neck of the costume? How come the hood fits so closely around his skull if he has all that thick hair hidden under there? This question really vexes me.

Came home with Spider-woman today! And another Iron Man I don't know what to do with.

I am hoping to pick up a second Spider-woman and paint her into a Jessica Drew. I'm sure they'll put out a Jessica Drew figure sometime in the next year, but I want mine now, for now! The Julia Carpenter figure is beautiful, by the way. The color scheme is just electric. The orange of her hair is just a really exciting color. Wish I had a comic or two which actually dealt with Julia Carpenter-besides Secret Wars, I mean-it would make the figure so much more meaningful.

I got a GI Joe movie Cover Girl which, along with movie Destro's mask, will make me a Leper Queen. I'm going to repaint her combat fatigues and try and cut a scabby-scalp from the back of Destro's head. Just putting the head on the figure made her look a lot like the Leper Queen. Thankfully, Cover Girl's arms look surprisingly emaciated, so weathering them to look scarred can be a minimal task. She nearly looks as she does when Mike Choi and Sonia Oback draw her.

Maybe word spreads fast from this board? the Secret Wars wave II packs arrived at my local Target just recently, but the Magneto/Black Spidey pack is peg-warming right now. There was only one Spider-Woman and no Cyclops/Hulk set. Luckily I ordered those already.

My Magneto fix is simple. I don't really mind the look of the figure, but I am going to go ahead and replace his torso, upper legs and arms down to the elbows with a modern Sub-Mariner. I'll swap their waistbands. It ought to give him a little more height and heft. Meanwhile, I'm going to use Namor's gauntlets and build me an Astonishing-costume Cyclops out of the Secret Wars Cyclops. I'm still looking at options for Cyclop's Astonishing lower-legs. Every artist draws his lower legs in the Astonishing costume differently. For Terry Dodson he appears to have full metal shinguards, but Deodato and Land and others draw either little yellow rings around his ankles or pretty much no special books at all. So kind of a quandary.

I like the Cyclops Secret Wars figure a lot, but here's my thing; that costume dates back to a time when I couldn't stand Cyclops as a character-I used to think of him as an insufferable prig, and I was outraged by those ridiculous issues of From the Ashes where he took out the whole rest of the X-men by his lonesome, which struck me as totally unbelievable. Nowadays I really enjoy his presence-leading the X-men like an jerk, knowing he's a jerk, but no longer sensitive and hurt by it. Sleeping with a super-villain. This is a Summers to grow on. So I want a really good version of the Astonishing costume, and I think I've got to make one. The XO figure is just not too cool. Even after replacing his arms, I can't get over what a tiny head he has. It's like he squishes himself into the hood and it's too tight and it compresses his cranium.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that whenever he takes off the hood these days Summers has really long, Lorenzo Lamas-style hair? I suppose not that extreme, but still...what does he do with it when he puts the hood on? Does he tuck it into the neck of the costume? How come the hood fits so closely around his skull if he has all that thick hair hidden under there? This question really vexes me.

Simple answer, you never see hair in a costume because of comic book physics.

Got a rockin' Colossus today in the mail. Finally my shelf is starting to look richer with mutants. Cyclops, Iceman and a few Wolverines didn't quite cut it. And I know Namor's a mutant, but he doesn't really count. How long will that guy last with the X-men nowadays? Less than a year, I'm certain.

Colossus fits very well with the other figures and the face is a little more subtle than any picture I've seen has made it out to be. He is substantially-built; he has cool muscle-tone and a neat aluminum-looking paint-job. The costume is quite nicely-done, too.

Stuff's starting to look good! I'm customizing a Wesley-Snipes-style Blade and I'm nearly done. I'm working on a Bastion, a Psylocke and a Leper Queen, and I have extra Cyclopses and Spiderwomen to do an Astonishing-costume Cyclops and a Jessica-Drew-Spider-woman. I am slowly working out an Orson Randall, and I plan to work a bit on buffing-up my Magneto once my extra Namor figure arrives. Aside from Jessica Drew, I'm trying to work on figures I don't think they'll get to in the series any time soon, and a couple I've seen people on the board make to spectacular effect. Trying to work out some of the New X-men, but I want a slightly shorter figure for most of them, and I'm not seeing it anywhere.