3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

My local comic store in Madison, WI. They usually get the newest wave a good two to three months before the rest of the stores around me get them. The only down side is they usually only get one case in and they are a lot more expensive than say Toys R Us. For some reason though they never got the Thor wave in. I just won him on ebay. Hopefully he will come in the mail soon.

I finally broke down and bought the set of six figures from a seller on eBay after getting outbid on the four that I really want. I figured that the final selling price for the four was so close to the Buy it Now for the set of six that it was worth it, combined with the gas I'll save by not driving all over the county trying to track them down!!

I bought the secret wars two pack with hawkeye in it and piledriver, and i must say, hawkeye has become my most covetted figure that i own! His accessories are awesome and the detail on him make him my favorite. If you find this one GET IT NOW!

Plus I got him at walmart for a great sale, 13.97 when usually at TRU they go for around 20 bucks a pop! HA score...

Hawkeye is one of the finest figures. The new Colossus figure and the AIM soldier are also very nicely detailed and cool.

Got the new Juggernaut figure in the mail today. He looks very neat. He's growing on me. I've never really jumped to attention when a comic features a Juggernaut appearance. I don't dislike him. He really has a strange costume design, in terms of the real-world. Saying nothing about his tiny, disproportionate head (maybe the perfect Rob Liefield character), the virtually all-brown costume is perfect for classic comics, with navy-to cobalt blue backdrops, colored by Glynnis Oliver. But on my shelf full of color-coded Shaw Bros DVD spines he blends in almost completely. The brown gives him such a naturally muted vibe. He's really dependent on the scoring on his armor to give him much in terms of color variation and visual depth. I'm not criticizing the design of the figure--it's very nice to have a big guy that's as articulate as they've made him--but the costume itself has some peculiar qualities.

Went to Wal-Mart, saw a Secret Wars 2-pack...

It had Thing, I thought "Oh, cool, they have Series 4 back in"...

To the left of Thing was not Bulldozer/Piledriver, whichever he is (I have this 2-pack, the orange dude)...

It was...

BUCKY CAPTAIN AMERICA from the Giant Skrull box set.

WHAT?!?!?!?! Floating around in the pack was his knife, too. Didn't see a gun.

What an odd and expensive-to-acquire figure to "replace" the Wrecking Crew member with! Does this make ANY sense? I could see if it was the Iron Man from the Gigantic Battles, maybe he had an extra from picking up the Goliath variants. This was clearly a "swap" and return case as the bottom of the package was damaged. Some shady WalMart employee, I bet.

If anyone wants that Bucky Cap, I'll pick it up for you and ship it, store cost is $12.88 and tax.

Yesterday, for the first time in a long while, I went to some stores in my area.

First Walmart: 1 Johnny Storm and about 4 old Iron Mans. Same as when I checked weeks ago. No DC figures. Maybe 5 G.I. Joes. OK selection of Star Wars.

Second Wal-Mart: Some Secret Wars packs (Wave 4). 1 Captain America, 5 or 6 old Iron Mans. 2 Spider-Mans. 3 Alex Luthors. 4 DC 8 inchers. 8 or 9 G.I. Joes. OK selection of Star Wars.

Target: 1 Ronin, 1 Spider-Man, 2 Iron Men. ! Secret Wars pack. 3 DC figs., 5 G.I. Joe figs. 1Only 2 Star Wars figs.

Do these people or Hasbro want to make money? Maybe they do, but they obviously have problems. I never remember having problems finding action figures when I was a kid.

Hey guys I am new to the forums, and was just wondering if anyone else is having as much trouble as I am finding MU figures. I live in the KC area and I check about 10 stores in my area pretty regularly and none of them have recieved wave 6 yet. It's pretty disapointing.

WELCOME!

Yes, distribution and repeat/obvious peg warmers are what the problem is. I check Wal-Mart/Target/TRU in CT, NJ, and PA all the time. It's the same story:

"New Wave! Electro and Guardian sell instantly!"

"More Goblins, Iron Men, Spidey, and X-Force Wolverines to add to the pile of peg-warmers..."

"No need to order more cases of that Jean Grey series, we have full pegs of the same characters! Fans will love these Spider-Man, Silver Centurion, and Hobgoblin figures!"

"Okay, let's order a 2010 Wave 1 series."

:: store employees pick up your Jean, Sunfire ::

"Oh look, more Hulks and Spider-Man to add to the pegs!"

Yeah, Hasbro sucks. STOP FLODDING THE SHELVES WITH THE SAME F'N CHARACTERS.