3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

New England Comics is still around? Haven't been there since the Early 90's when Vailint was popular.

Got my Iron Patriot, Iron Spidey, and Winter Soldier this morning (Wrecker apparently shipped today, hate when BBTS does that, oh well).

Iron Patriot, cool, pretty much a repaint of Extremus except for the chest, but with this one I can see why hasbro opted for saving some money.

Iron Spidey, MUCH better than I expected, I almost passed on this one but decided at the last minute to add him, really cool with his legs ect. Wish the legs moved but still not bad.

Winter Soldier, Very interesting, it appears I got the long haired variant (at least from the pic on the back) which is making me wonder if maybe the Long haired is the regular and the short hair is the variant. BBTS isn't known for sending out varaints as regular orders (PS I ordered these indivivually cause I was passing on Skrull and MJ) so not quite sure what to make of that. I know I have seen a couple of posts about guys with the long haired varaint so I thought I might point this out. Maybe he isn't as uncommon as we were lead to believe?

Regular-

0078_winter_soldier.jpg

Variant-

winterSoldierVar.JPG

so which one did you get?

New England Comics is still around? Haven't been there since the Early 90's when Vailint was popular.

Yeah, I've been going there since 2000. Great store.

Anyway, I don't really like the look of Winter Soldier, so I'll stick with the regular Bucky I have. Glad to hear good things on Iron Spidey, I plan on picking that up plus Iron Patriot and Mary Jane.

Got my Iron Patriot, Iron Spidey, and Winter Soldier this morning (Wrecker apparently shipped today, hate when BBTS does that, oh well).

Iron Patriot, cool, pretty much a repaint of Extremus except for the chest, but with this one I can see why hasbro opted for saving some money.

Iron Spidey, MUCH better than I expected, I almost passed on this one but decided at the last minute to add him, really cool with his legs ect. Wish the legs moved but still not bad.

Winter Soldier, Very interesting, it appears I got the long haired variant (at least from the pic on the back) which is making me wonder if maybe the Long haired is the regular and the short hair is the variant. BBTS isn't known for sending out varaints as regular orders (PS I ordered these indivivually cause I was passing on Skrull and MJ) so not quite sure what to make of that. I know I have seen a couple of posts about guys with the long haired varaint so I thought I might point this out. Maybe he isn't as uncommon as we were lead to believe?

Regular-

0078_winter_soldier.jpg

Variant-

winterSoldierVar.JPG

so which one did you get?

Bottom one. long haired as I said.

Oh bu the wire on the arm wasn't broke ;-)

I saw Whiplash and the other Iron Man from that line tonight at Wal-Marts (one had a Whiplash and two of the Iron Mans, the other just had the Iron Mans).

Location?

I live in the suburbs of Chicago. The first one I found was on 83 (don't know the town...Villa Park, maybe). The second one was further west- Downers Grove or whatever town is west of that (just west of 355).

I know that people have been wondering about find MU figures at different places (i have heard CVS & Kroger listed). Yesterday after work i hit up 2 Kroger stores and found that they did carry MU figures (one had the Thor wave while the other had older figures - only Surfer and Johnny Storm on shelves). The issue is that they ask $9.99 for them compared to Target / TRU / WM's prices. That is a bit much, but means i can expand my search for hard to find characters and hopefully find some that I need without online prices (but not much of a savings.) I will try to hit up a couple of CVS stores later this week/weekend.

Went on vacation to Galveston this week and came across some good stuff. Picked up Havok & Colossus at the Kroger's in Galveston and then in a Brenham WalMart, FINALLY found the SM Rhino figure. Much bigger than I thought it'd be but also a better figure than I had expected. Another fun thing is that as I went to Target stores, I saw that DCUC figs are on sale. Some had them @ $9.99, others @ $10.49. Not a bad time to start filling in some holes for those interested.

I would go to this "Kroegers" place, but as a westcoaster I dont even know what that means lol

You're in Las Vegas? Try Smith's grocery store. They're owned by Kroger. In California, try Ralphs.

In fact, here's a note to everyone (I mentioned it before, but I think my wording made it seem like it was directed only at DecepticonMark)... Grocery store chains tend to be regional, not national. The Kroger Co. owns chains all over the country. If you don't have a Kroger in/near your town, you might have a Smith's, Ralphs, QFC, Fred Meyer, Fry's Food Store, Dillons, King Soopers, Owen's Market, Baker's, Jay C, Hilander, Gerbes, Scott's or City Market. They're all the same thing... If any of these other stores are in your area, check 'em out! You may have the same luck that we Texans & Southerners are having at Kroger!

I would go to this "Kroegers" place, but as a westcoaster I dont even know what that means lol

You're in Las Vegas? Try Smith's grocery store. They're owned by Kroger. In California, try Ralphs.

In fact, here's a note to everyone (I mentioned it before, but I think my wording made it seem like it was directed only at DecepticonMark)... Grocery store chains tend to be regional, not national. The Kroger Co. owns chains all over the country. If you don't have a Kroger in/near your town, you might have a Smith's, Ralphs, QFC, Fred Meyer, Fry's Food Store, Dillons, King Soopers, Owen's Market, Baker's, Jay C, Hilander, Gerbes, Scott's or City Market. They're all the same thing... If any of these other stores are in your area, check 'em out! You may have the same luck that we Texans & Southerners are having at Kroger!

Yeah I appreciate the research my friend but unfortunately Kroger is the closest of these and the nearest Kroger is still over an hour away. I finally broke down and ordered Kitty Pryde online but you know it just isn't the same as going into a store, hoping to find something and wondering if you'll be disappointed, then finding a motherload of stuff or for that matter just that one that you didn't expect to find. I am glad that more chains are going to be carrying MU since I really feel like at least in my area that Walmart and Target are dropping the ball as far as stocking them. I know part of the problem is the case pack where Hasbro keeps sending out the older ones but still neither store in my area ever put anything out with the exeception of the comic packs and I figure that'll stop when the newer ones come out LOL.