3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

you're right... im gonna grab the mj/skrull... and the sdcc figs.... those are the best deals ive found on those figures... its usually the price of shipping that kills you even if the figure is priced modestly.... the variants are too high... ill wait

btw, way ahead of u on the water drinking... i dont drink soda at all... i was over weight when i was a kid, but now im a health freak... and obviously not over weight ;)

i have 3 available deals right now...

Im getting MJ and skrull soldier for $25 shipped

Archangel death and classic havok for $41 shipped

sdcc cap and thor... $39 shipped

MJ and Skrull is a decent deal...

Too much for the variants. They'll go down in price.

Little too much for the SDCC's based on prior years but they're scarcer this year. But getting them when they came out I paid $10 + $10 + $2ish tax + $7shipping so $29...$39 isn't awful considering they haven't restocked.

That extra $10-20 you're worried about overspending? Drink healthy water for a week instead of soda. And you'll have a cool Ages of Thunder Thor to reward you.

Found but not bought, haha.

Check your shopping malls for Toy 'r' Us Express stores. They've been springing up around the Metro Detroit area, not sure if its a country-wide thing though. They seem to have better stock than my actual TRU, oddly enough.

Wandered in the other day and they had Iron Patriot (not the variant unfortunately), a couple Skrull soldiers, Iron Spider-Man, short hair Winter Soldier and one Mary Jane with some awful paint application around the eyes.

lakeside mall ? sterling heights ? yeah i seen them too

You got it. Nice to see someone from the area. I guess Fairlane and Great Lakes has a TRU Express too, although I heard their stock is pretty thin since opening. Most of the good stuff already got snagged.

Wow, it's been months since I posted or even bought any figures. Mostly because I haven't seen anything new... then I went to San Diego to take my daughter to the zoo and stopped in at a TRU in Escondido on the way back. Saw Iron Patriot, Iron Spidey and Winter Soldier, but only picked up Iron Spidey. Just to sort of get back into it... then a week later I found the Vulture head I have been looking for (to custom, obviously) at a thrift store back here in Pahrump, and also picked up a Dock Ock vs. Spidey spinning toy thing. Cut the bendy arms off the Doc Ock and glued them to my Showdown fig, and now I have an Octavius worth playing with!

Anyway, so I got back into things full swing and yesterday I found in Vegas: Titanium Man, 2 Guardsmen, Hulkbuster IM, the last Secret Wars packs I had been missing with Doom & Nightcrawler & the rest, and then at the Wal-Mart on Eastern in Henderson I snagged a Wrecker and a Mary Jane. I got the last Wrecker there was, but I left an MJ for the next person, and there were a few Winter Soldiers and Iron Patriots on the pegs too. I just wasn't interested in those. Also left a Rhino there, too. There were no skrulls, AIM soldiers, Archangels, or Juggernauts, unfortunately, but I did win an eBay bid on an AIM soldier for $5 plus shipping, so I had a pretty good week.

I am still WAY behind some of you, but at least I feel I accomplished something this past week. I will post my new customs in the appropriate thread once I finish Vulture.

Picked up the wave 9 figures yesterday at Walmart in Tampa. I also picked up an additional Mary Jane and Skrull Soldier since it was the first and only time I have seen them in retail. I still have not seen an Iron Patriot variant yet or Winter Soldier, but I will continue looking. I am also in need of the regular Archangel figure and I want at least 2 of them, one to open and one MOC.

went on a pretty decent hunt today. Goal of the day was the Proving Grounds 3 pack and the Mark IV Wal Mart figure. Ended up w/ one out of two though I'd MUCH rather found the Mark IV Iron Man. Anyway, finally picked up that House of M Spider man along w/ the final Secret Wars set also featuring Spiderman. Figured since I got Wrecker last week, time to round out the Wrecking Crew. Picked up a 2nd Skrull soldier from Target in Killeen. Skrull gibberish on the display stand. The horned mask Iron Man was another I just finally broke down and got just to get it out of the way.

101_22411.jpg

101_22421.jpg

The proving grounds pack is very.....well, knockoff-ish. The War Machine is decent but that "Hulkbuster" is just so awkward. They had 5 and the paint on most of them was pretty bad. I got the best of the bunch as I don't go to KMart often and I completely missed the last 3pack. War Machine will have his shoulder missle pack stolen and given to the normal movie War Machine.

of course I went through and separated everything, Classic Iron Man had a peg unto himself lol.

Wave 1 Iron Man there was 2 of, Arctic Iron Man there was 2 of also. There was also a Hobgoblin and Captain America.

I'll have to check around other stores. I'm still missing most of the current wave.

I'm almost up on Iron Man stuff, missing Hulkbuster and the exclusives.

decided to hit up my local walmart this evening on a whim. I've had to seriously scale back how often and how many toys I buy recently, been limiting myself to one figure a month. Anyhow, I was looking at the SMC iron spidey figs and thought it would be funny if they happened to have the MU initiative scarlet spider/iron spider man. Turned around and wham! there it was. It was the only one from that wave they had, so I've got my figure for this month and am very very pleased with it. That black suit spider man body mold isn't my fav but it works perfectly for this figure. Now if only hasbro would use the bucky body to make a spider man....

I see that my local mall is getting one of these Express stores.

What are the prices like? Same as TRU?

I wonder what will happen to stock at mine with a comic book shop right around the corner....

Found but not bought, haha.

Check your shopping malls for Toy 'r' Us Express stores. They've been springing up around the Metro Detroit area, not sure if its a country-wide thing though. They seem to have better stock than my actual TRU, oddly enough.

Wandered in the other day and they had Iron Patriot (not the variant unfortunately), a couple Skrull soldiers, Iron Spider-Man, short hair Winter Soldier and one Mary Jane with some awful paint application around the eyes.

Found Iron Patriot variant, Mary Jane, Winter Soldier, and Iron Spiderman all at Walmart retail over the weekend.

Then today I found an Ironman 2 exclusive three pack with Whiplash (movie version), Mark IV Ironman with briefcase, and a Drone. I hadn't seen anyone else post about this, so look out for it if you are still looking for a Whiplash figure.

Plus I ended up getting the three pack for $15 instead of over 20 since they didn't even have it in the system yet.

picked up Green Goblin, Luke Cage, Extremis Iron Man, Namor, and House of M Spider-Man at the TRU in Huntsville.

I already had a GG I got in a trade put had a pseudo-custom paint job I didn't care for.

I guess the painted GG will be custom fodder for something else.

I'm making a dent in the HAMMER stuff but it's been difficult finding them.

I have yet to see FA Cap or Bucky anywhere.