3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Here's my haul from Walmart today, the first I've seen in retail of this MU wave. (I've seen it at a comic shop about a month ago but decided to wait for lower retail prices.)

It's also the first time I've ever seen Ultimate Armor Concept in the IM2 series. On the back it shows the two drones as figures 16 and 17. I'm going to assume these three figures are part of Wave 3 with Artic armor and Classic Iron Monger and the rest?

post-19682-1285979979_thumb.jpg

Had a pretty decent haul today. I drove in to Vegas (hour-and-a-half for me) and hit 3 Wal-Marts, 3 Targets, 2 Toys R Us, and 2 Ross (just to see, not really MU hunting there)

The first couple Wal-Marts (both just off the 215 in West Las Vegas) had a ton of Multiple Man, 1 Captain Britain, and the basic 'warmers. I passed on all of them because of the price tag ($8.97) and instead picked up a Jungle Viper for $6.99, almost 2 dollars cheaper and twice the plastic at least. Heavy blister! I figured I would see Capt. B again later for at least a buck to a buck-fifty cheaper. Yeah, sure, I could have gone to the front and requested a price match, but Wal-Mart should just know better. They missed out on about $30 because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. Lower the price, WM, or suffer the consequences.

At the second Wal-Mart, though, I just couldn't pass up on the lone, Classic Iron Monger or the hidden Mystique someone had stashed, even at WM's jacked-up prices. That's the WM in Henderson, just off the 215, which I affectionately refer to as "Jackpot Wal-Mart." My daughter and I even have a song about that particular store. I also lucked out on finding a great deal on foam padding for reupholstering my dining room chairs, so that was a win also. That's neither here nor there.

Back on topic: Next stop was TRU on Sunset & Stephanie, and the "cube" was picked over big time. On the plus side, I was able to pick up the 3 Multiple Men I wanted, plus the Captain Britain, without having to price-match at Wally's. I spent about $80 at that TRU, also picking up most of the Sonic the Hedgehog toys for my daughter, as well as a 4-inch figure of Troy Polamalu from the Steelers. It was just too cool, I couldn't pass it up. Also grabbed a discounted Blue Spirit from Avatar: the Last Airbender, just for kicks. Maybe I'll customize him into something down the road somewhere.

After that, I hit a rough stretch for a while, the first Target had Silver Senturions and Johnny Storms (yawn), and the second TRU was just more of the same, picked-over garbage. They did have Juggernaut, but I could tell by the other figures in the cube that it was from the re-issue assortment, not the original case with Archangel, Kitty & Havok, all of which I am still missing. Either way, I had Juggs already, so I left there empty-handed. The only cool thing was I ran into another collector from California who posts on the JoeCustoms site. At the second Target (across the street from the second TRU on Maryland Pkwy) I picked up the last A.I.M. soldier there and passed on IP and WS for about the umpteenth time. Bumped into the same collector from across the street and he joked, "fancy seeing you here."

My last stop was the Target on Blue Diamond Road on the way back to Pahrump. I was hoping for a Ghost Rider or maybe a skrull or two, and happened upon a Dark Phoenix/Cyclops 2-pack instead. SWOOP! Nice paint job, too. There was another one there, but Jean's lips were a little Betty Boopish on it. They had a bunch of Dark Avengers 2-packs also, and after carefully thinking it over and having not seen them anywhere else that day, I grabbed one of those too. Thinking it is pretty stupid to have Daken as Wolvie and Venom/Spidey without an Iron Patriot, I wanted to finally get one. NO LUCK. The 2-packs were there, but no new singles. Ugh. I certainly wasn't going to backtrack all the way to the previous stores, even though they almost all had plenty, so I just called it a day.

Still looking for:

Archangel (both)

Havok (both)

Kitty Pryde

Ghost Rider

a bunch more Skrull Soldiers

unmasked Iron Patriot

Galactus

Sentry

Foolishly, I passed at Bulldozer/Thing again at Jackpot Wal-Mart, so I still don't have the entire Wrecking Crew. It just bugs me that I have to get a fifth Thing in order to get him. Argh! Why couldn't that pack have come with Molecule Man or something?

One of these days I will break down, or maybe pick up a lot on eBay for custom fodder that includes Bulldozer. I don't know. I got Mystique, anyway, so that's a victory.

Just came back from TRU in Deerfield 30 min north of Chicago. I got there around 7:30pm and except for 2 employees the place was completely empty. I walk up and see a fully stocked CUBE. A ton of X Wolvies, a ton of Multiple Man, about 8 Mystiques, 5 Iron Patriots, 3 Capt Brit and 3 Ghost Riders. I picked up 2 Ghost Riders 1 for trade.

Also they had several Dark Spidey/Dark Wolvie 2 packs, 4 Dark Phoenix/Cyclops 2 pack and 4 Galactus.

If you are in the Chicagoland area I highly suggest making the trip to Deerfield.