3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

depending on who you ask (and how) some of the employees at TRU will check the back for stock as well. The guy I asked on Saturday scanned the UPC on Thanos and pulled a box out for us to look thru (only had Kitty wave). But he told us they normally get 2 shipments a week and Saturday morning was the big one... go figure. If you call sometimes they will check also.

depending on who you ask (and how) some of the employees at TRU will check the back for stock as well. The guy I asked on Saturday scanned the UPC on Thanos and pulled a box out for us to look thru (only had Kitty wave). But he told us they normally get 2 shipments a week and Saturday morning was the big one... go figure. If you call sometimes they will check also.

Kitty wave as in Archangel wave? Why are these still hitting everywhere in the country (it seems) but here. AFAIK they hit Target once (I missed them) and Kroger once (got the Death Variant) and never anywhere around here ever again.

Is that Wave still shipping? Should I keep looking? Or if it hasn't come by now, should I give up?

I have seen leftovers in San Antonio at a one Walmart. Other than that haven't seen anything. Is there anything newish up near Waco? I'm actually headed up there today. Looking for Sentry pack.

no not really ummm.......i think its cleaned out thou cause right when they set them out better get it right then and there or you will never see it again but right now we may have gotten some good ones like wave 11, but S#!T like that does not stay on pegs around here

Are people out there still finding Galactus with Silver Surfer, and if so what stores are you finding them in.

I have still not seen this thing anywhere.

Yes....TRU has them and they are "peg" warmers

I think the term is more "Shelf" warmers so to speak. But I hope not I thought there was a limited number made and haven't seen many in stores period. Awesome piece but hell if it somehow hits clearance I'd pick up doubles, It's one of those pieces people will sit on too long then probably over pay for on E-bay later. I'm by no stretch a scalper (hate scalpers) but if people sleep on these I won't be upset using them to support my Toy habit.

Found the following figures as extras again.

Wave 11 for $65.

Thanos

Dark Hawkeye

Constrictor

Yellowjacket with Ant-man mini-fig

Iron Man 2020

Also, I have an extra pair of:

015 - Archangel (classic regular version) - $15

018 - Havok (classic variant version) - $15

Let me know if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I'll just take 'em back.

Thanks.

take it back? wouldnt you rather just help someone out on the forum... i mean yeah you deserve something for your trouble, but $20 profit? You can sell it for whatever you want, but taking it back is kinda cold when anyone here would take them off your hands for what you paid and a little more.

Wave 11 for $65.

Thanos

Dark Hawkeye

Constrictor

Iron Man 2020

Thanks.

Are people out there still finding Galactus with Silver Surfer, and if so what stores are you finding them in.

I have still not seen this thing anywhere.

Yes....TRU has them and they are "peg" warmers

I think the term is more "Shelf" warmers so to speak. But I hope not I thought there was a limited number made and haven't seen many in stores period. Awesome piece but hell if it somehow hits clearance I'd pick up doubles, It's one of those pieces people will sit on too long then probably over pay for on E-bay later. I'm by no stretch a scalper (hate scalpers) but if people sleep on these I won't be upset using them to support my Toy habit.

Thats why I put "peg" in quotes.....

take it back? wouldnt you rather just help someone out on the forum... i mean yeah you deserve something for your trouble, but $20 profit? You can sell it for whatever you want, but taking it back is kinda cold when anyone here would take them off your hands for what you paid and a little more.

Wave 11 for $65.

Thanos

Dark Hawkeye

Constrictor

Iron Man 2020

Thanks.

Scalping. I suppose if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

ugh.

Anyway...

Went to Las Vegas yesterday, ostensibly to look for clothes for a family wedding next week, but it was all just cover for a toy hunt. Made my usual rounds and then some:

2 TRUs

4 Wal-Marts

3 Targets

2 Ross

1 T.J.Maxx

1 Kohl's

1 comic shop

It was slim pickings everywhere. I wasn't really looking for it, because I had seen it plenty, but I was having such a bad day I went ahead and grabbed the Bulldozer 2-pack. I hate having a fourth Thing, but I had to complete the Wrecking Crew at some point. I feel like I paid a scalper price for it, though. Now what do I do with the useless underoos Thing? Cover his rocks in putty and make an Awesome Android? Maybe.

T.J. Maxx had some cool Joes from a few years back, but I left 'em. Nothing but leftovers and pegwarmers everywhere else. I went to a LOT of stores, and they had nothing new or rare at any of them. Not even at Jackpot Wal-Mart! First time I left empty-handed from that particular store.

I was beginning to lose hope at about 8:45 pm, when we hit the second TRU... looking everything over... pegwarmers, Iron Men, more Iron Men, Multiple Man, a Colossus, a couple Wreckers, Iron Patriot, Winter Soldier... wait, what's this? Iron Man vs. Thor 2-pack? Could there be... underneath or behind somewhere... check likely hiding spots... dare I hope...? SENTRY! One left! Awful paint... I'll take it!

So after hours and hours, I scored a single new figure, and finally broke down and bought my B-dozer. No Thanos wave (not even leftovers), no Archangel or Havok, not a single Galactus anywhere in Las Vegas, no army builders other than Multiple Man. No Ghost Rider... Both TRU Marvel cubes were decimated. Not picked over, not just a few choice figures gone... even the usual pegwarmers were mostly wiped out.

It was a mostly crappy hunt, but the good news is that we got the shoes and clothes we needed for this wedding coming up, plus a couple decent figures. I really like this new Spider-man more than I thought I would. At first, I was thinking custom fodder, but I might just keep it the way it is now.

One other thing I found, in case anyone collects Star Wars MOC and still needs this:

General Grievous foil card variant. I left it MOC, and I am not trying to scalp it or anything. It was just awesome looking so I bought it. If no one wants it, I'll probably just tear it open and make it a Spider-Slayer or something. Seems like it would maybe be worth more in the package, though. I saw plenty of other Grievouses at other stores after I bought this, just none with the foil card. PM me if you want to trade. Maybe one of youse dirty scalpers with the fifteen Archangels? Yeah, didn't think so.

just came back,

grabbed the last green hulk single pack.

my nearest tru in NY literally flooded all the pegs with old spiderman, Ironman and the old marvel two packs for 17.49 each...

wtf.

why is it so hard to release newer figs around here and not those crappy repacks. even the peg warmers are m.i.a. from MU nowadays.

even when they do open new packs the scalpers rape the section in the morning and leave nothing. NICE. just had to vent.