3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

It must be "Sentry Day"!

After weeks of searching, and after finding the Jean/Scott, Venom/Daken and Cap/Logan packs... I went to a Walmart WAY farther than I normally travel (McKinney, TX), and they had THREE of the Sentry/Spidey packs. It's always nice when you can pick and choose the best paint jobs. :smile:

I've hit 3 TRU's, 4 Walmarts and 5 Targets in the North Dallas area since last weekend (visiting a couple of them twice), and still no sign of Wave 11... Grr!

Just scored 2 tru spider-man and his amazing friends 3 packs,

From the tru at times square, nyc.

They had a bunch left when I left today.

I use to love the cartoon, firestar and iceman is decent. My 3rd or 4th thrown in spiderman figure. (Sentry, Magneto, Thunder ball, Amazing friends and including my house of M and regular black costume I bought before all these packs)

Dunno if I'm gonna trade the second Spiderman and Amazing friends, use it for custom or give as a gift

to one of my nephews.

Damn, that sucks man. I go to that particular TRU at least a few times a week and they never have anything (well they have stuff, but not the stuff I want).

Anyways, I got the IM2 Proving Ground boxset at K-Mart in Rotterdam, NY and used a $5 off coupon. I'm pretty happy with this purchase. Almost caught up w/ everything.

Just pointing out what it's worth for those who have one, I myself still find price guides neat.

FYI, I don't think X-Force Archangel will be released for a long time, if ever. Just something I was told at NYCC but at the time I took it as "sign up now!" plea from the girl at the booth. Now I'm not so sure. I was basically told this as I was at the booth when I asked about Archangel.

"So do you know about how many of these were made?"

"I'm not 100% sure, I think around 1,000 or maybe more."

"There's gotta be more than that."

"Yeah, I'm not really sure. But I do know that they're not going to be offered again for a really long time."

Which is good and bad if true, because it at least means they plan on offering them again at SOME point.

The average MU prices for HTF items seem to be:

X-Force Archangel Digital Comics NYCC Exclusive - $145

Galactus SDCC Exclusive - $110

Nick Fury Digital Comics Online Exclusive - $95

Invaders Box Set SDCC Exclusive - $65

Red Skull (from Invaders Set) - $30

Captain America SDCC '09 Black & White - $25

The paint on this one appears to be grey, to fit with the newer redesign of most of the X-force costumes. Of course, Warpath isn't part of the new team, so he never had a new costume where his silver streaks get replaced by grey ones. And he and Deadpool didn't serve on the same X-squad.

Making this set even more bizarre, the head they're using for Wolverine looks to me like a repaint of the new 1st appearance head--an even less comic-accurate version of Wolverine's mask than the previous version. This is going to be one exasperating set. It won't help anyone anxious to complete either the recent or the current X-force team.

It's more accurate, I don't know why Marvel made BRIGHT SILVER PAINT on Warpath and Archangel in the first place, when their costumes were designed for covert affairs. It looks cool on the figures, but is wrong.

yea, we were unsure why they did silver. when we were painting this prototype, we just went with grey and black.

x23afront2.jpg

I'm sure they'll release X-force Archangel again as a digital subscription exclusive at SDCC. They did this last year with Nick Fury. Wasn't he first released at NYCC then at SDCC? They then unloaded him again this year. Hasbro will release him again. I think the days of true limited run figures are long gone.

I hope so Gaelinic,

because the guy from brooklyn with two or more on ebay for 159.99 each got me sick when I couldn't even score one at the comic con because they were "out of stock".

Uploading a pic of my latest hauls. I am only missing Classic Ms. Marvel and Blue &Yellow Goliath and I am all caught up.

Details below on where I got the figures:

Loose Vision and Warpath - Trade

Carnage and Ben Reilly - Trade with XxK1ckinW1ngxX

Grey Hulk and Bullseye - Trade with Sketch

Death - Trade with Legend

Everything else - Wave 11 Case from Entertainment Earth

Uploading a pic of my latest hauls. I am only missing Classic Ms. Marvel and Blue &Yellow Goliath and I am all caught up.

damn good haul!

damn good haul!