3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

"It's more accurate, I don't know why Marvel made BRIGHT SILVER PAINT on Warpath and Archangel in the first place, when their costumes were designed for covert affairs. It looks cool on the figures, but is wrong.

yea, we were unsure why they did silver. when we were painting this prototype, we just went with grey and black. "

It's not necessarily more comic accurate to paint them matte grey. Clayton Crain's paintings make no tonal distinction between the metal of Archangel's wings and the grey on the X-force costumes. Mike Choi and Sonia Oback actually render the entire costume slick and shiny--black areas and grey alike. In the issues by both art teams the grey on the X-force costumes is the same grey they use for guns, wings, knives, Wolverine claws, etc.--much of which might just be shiny and silver. Besides, they're the comic book version of a "covert team" anyways. If they were a real covert team they probably ought to just wear black. But the point with the comic characters is not that they blend into the shadows, but just that they don't look like the regular X-men. I realize that the way they sport little black and red 'X'es everywhere kind of defeats the purpose as well. Hey. It's expressionistic, not realistic. There's no evidence to suggest that the color hits on their uniforms are NOT bright silver in the comics.

Incidentally though, The way Jerome Opena draws Archangel in the Uncanny X-force makes it very explicit that the design on his uniform is made of shiny, reflective silver.

Very sweet haul just now at my local Kmart in Mandeville, LA. I picked up a DC Universe Wave 15 Kmart exclusive Martian Manhunter on sale for $7.75 normally $14.99, and I scored a 3 and 3/4 Carnage for only $1.50. A BOGO prompt came on the register when the lady rung up J'onn so Carnage again was a $1.50. Very happy. All I need is the new Fan Fave TRU Legends, and I will be good! The lady at TRU gave me the tag to keep, so I can check though the phone, hopefully I can snag those 6 coming in today's truck!

Well it's been a pretty good week so far. Admist moving to a new house I managed to score:

MU:

Blue Yellow Goliath w/IM MISB

2nd Release Bullseye(darker paint)

Blue Pants Thing...<FINALLY!!!!>

Marvel Legends:

Deadpool/Warpath (X-men/Thunderbird) variants from TRU x3

Black Widow/Winter Soldier two pack. :D

Well it's been a pretty good week so far. Admist moving to a new house I managed to score:

MU:

Blue Yellow Goliath w/IM MISB

2nd Release Bullseye(darker paint)

Blue Pants Thing...<FINALLY!!!!>

Marvel Legends:

Deadpool/Warpath (X-men/Thunderbird) variants from TRU x3

Black Widow/Winter Soldier two pack. :D

Dragonkings I think you and I keep old Ronald Duran in buisness

lol,

I think so too, he sent me a offer for a spiderman Rhino today, and I bought it already.

I think I have to either thank you or blame you b/c now I buy mostly from him now.

I've honestly lost track of how much I've spent on that site. His prices are pretty fair and it never takes more than 3 days for my toys to get to me. I've also asked him to find a thing or two for me and he's always came through.

lol,

I think so too, he sent me a offer for a spiderman Rhino today, and I bought it already.

I think I have to either thank you or blame you b/c now I buy mostly from him now.

I've honestly lost track of how much I've spent on that site. His prices are pretty fair and it never takes more than 3 days for my toys to get to me. I've also asked him to find a thing or two for me and he's always came through.

what site is this?

FINALLY. Massive score. I got all of wave 11 today at Target in University Hts Ohio. Also picked up the Sentry 2 pack as well as the thor/iron man 2 pack. Pick up the Juggernaut with the beat up helmet look. Passed on the Captain/Wolvie 2 pack... Caps nose on both looked like they repainted his nose with a glob of paint.... Still had 2 cap/wolvie, 1 thor/IR and 1 Sentry/Spidey pack.

lol,

what site is this?

www.toysr4smiles.com

If you buy a bunch of stuff he'll usually bundle it together for you and give you a better price. His e-mail is toysr4smiles@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

lol,

what site is this?

www.toysr4smiles.com

If you buy a bunch of stuff he'll usually bundle it together for you and give you a better price. His e-mail is toysr4smiles@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

yeah, he's great at finding stuff for you if you can't find it yourself.

great prices compared to all the overcharge websites online and feebays rip offs. plus he's cool at giving discounts from time to time for returning customers.

I totally just found the 3 3/4 Carnage at a freakin HEB of all places like a half hour ago! I had seen Ben Reilly Spidey yesterday at Wal Mart but passed because the paint aps were pretty bad. This Carnage rocks the house. Wish he had regular feet and now clawed feet but whatever. Lack of ankle articulation sucks as well but overall an awesome effort for this figure!