3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

christmas2010054.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone. Just wanted to share my haul. Pictured: MU Galactus w/ Silver Surfer, MU Black Panther vs. Iron Man, MU wave 12 minus WW Hulk{already had him}, MU Multiple Man, MU Thanos, IM2 Guardsman, IM2 Hall of Armor Mark I, IM2 Armor Tech Warmarchine, Family Guy "Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos" shirt{love it}, Marvel sleep pants, IM2 soundtrack, Best of Tom and Jerry DVD. Not pictured a glow in the dark Spiderman poster and a pair of Marvel boxers. Gotta say a great haul this year.

Saw the reminants of wave 10{Ghost Rider} and wave 11{Yellowjacket and IM 2020} at the Target in Birmingham off I65 in Chapel Hill if anyone is interested. They also had multiple Colossus' and AIM agents{picked me up another one, can't have enough AIM's right Riddick? LOL}.

I'd love that IM 2020.

I'll see if he's still there this week if I can get back by there and let you know.

Stopped by a "new?" Toys R Us/Babies R Us off Winchester Rd. in Memphis. Found several of the ML legend two packs, the reminants of Wave 12 as well as a busload of the TRU 3 packs{Henchmen/Soldiers, Spidey and his Amazing Friends, and the one with the yellow Daredevil}. Picked up another Henchmen set with a gift card I got for Xmas.

100_0215.jpg

Not much found in Vegas for Christmas...

Santa was able to locate Galactus, Carnage and a Spidey 2099.

That was it.

I have found nothing else from the last couple waves, and it is very discouraging. My hope for the line (and my patience with it) has diminished to the point where I almost don't even want to collect any more.

I guess its maybe scalpers buying more than they need? Or too much Iron Man filler making the retailers order too few MU cases? I don't really know at this point, and I don't know if I care.

It's just sad, because I would have bought hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff, if only it were available at retail.

Instead, we did Monster High dolls for my daughter this year. Got the whole collection all at once.

Ronnie I live in Vegas as well and I have seen no sign of the new wave except for 1 lone bleeding edge ironman that had something wrong with it at the toys r us by the meadows mall. Its frustrating since everyone around the web is saying that this new wave is everywhere :(

Did you get anything from the next-to-last wave? I never once saw a Yellowjacket, Constrictor or anything in Vegas. Even though I actually live in Pahrump, I get out that way frequently enough, and I take a certain route to hit several Wal-Marts, Targets, and TRUs. I never make it up as far as Meadows, but I hit almost all of south Vegas and Henderson.

The Wal-Mart on Eastern by the 215 is where I find the most new stuff, including the Spider-man 2099 we got. There was one new Iron Man there also, but I wasn't interested. Nothing else from that wave at all, nor from the prior wave (which I have never once seen).

The Toys R Us on Sunset & Stephanie had Galactus & Carnage, but that was about it that was any good. Nothing else but about 5 Buckys, several Multiple Men, and of course Extremis out the wazoo.

Actually, I did see a few Sentry 2-packs, I think they were at the Target on Maryland Parkway & Flamingo...

It has been one step short of impossible to collect this line in the Las Vegas area, though. That one step? The Internet.

When the ONLY way to collect the line is through Internet scalpers, there is something really wrong with the product. I only have fun or enjoy the hobby when I find something on the shelf at retail price. Of course, I know I can always buy Archangel for $30 on eBay, that's not the point. The thrill comes from seeing the figures on the peg, or being the first one to see the case cracked open by employees. When that doesn't happen, wave after wave for months and months... and I miss figures completely, it gets really irritating. I don't think I have completed even one wave of MU all year. Half the stores in LV don't even carry the MU line anymore, they only stock the Iron Man 2 and Spider-man lines.

Thats the same I found over on my side of town. Nothing but extremis iron men and movie iron man figures. I keep thinking to myself that eventually they have to put the new waves out, but still nothing. I even look on craigslist periodically to see if theres a scalper buying up all the product to sell them but theres not any I have found. LV has to have the worst selection of marvel universe figures in the country, no exaggeration lol If I see anything good I'll be sure to let you know ronnie. I try to go looking 3 times a week, so maybe this will be a good week.

Because I am weak, I picked up WW Hulk today... He was the only Wave 12 fig I hadn't gotten, mostly because he doesn't really fit in w/ any of my other figures (Who does he stand next to?!)... But gosh darn it! It's such a pretty figure!

I also found the new Wave 3 of Joe POC!.... Passed on the bad guys, got the good guys. Cobra Shock Trooper(s) looked amazing but I'm sure I'll see 'em again. The Storm Shadow in this wave is silly and lame (some cool weapons tho'). Snagged the nicest looking Duke of the 6 or so they had and scored their one-and-only Snake Eyes. I haven't really been a Joe fan/collector since my 80s childhood... But holy schnikeys, this is the most amazing Snake Eyes figure ever!... I want another one to kit-bash into a post-SHIELD Nick Fury. Question to anyone else who's picked up Snake Eyes: are your nunchakus string-less too? Or are those suppressors, not nunchakus?

got, carnage at tru , spider-woman at target for 6.99,

Comic iron monger, guardsman 5 bucks each.

then got the Rinzler "Tron" figure, he owned so much in the movie I had to get him.

Where did you find Iron Monger?

Target at White Plains NY has the Iron Man's at 5 bucks a pop, the one in the mall across the street of wal-mart. they had the Blue Iron Mongers and the World War Hulks/Bleeding edge wave.

So both TRU stores around me are all sold out of MU. I was hoping to pick up a couple 3pack Soilders and Henchmen but no luck. I past by a TJ Maxx and remembered that someone told me they had figures there. I stopped in and found the XMO line up. No Deadpool but I managed to pick up Cyclops, Colossus and 2 Wolvies for 3 bux each. Im going to use these for customs. Not a bad haul.

Oh and they had some Joes there for 3 bux also. TJ Maxx, who knew...