3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Hit Wal-Mart and Target at just the right time. I picked up two of the variant Warpath, DareDevil, and Moonstone.

Forgot to mention the Thor finds (Odin and both Frost Giant versions), but here's some pics:

Nice pick ups Jason! Did you get the Thor from Target or Walmart? And what about the MU variants where did you get that?

Picked up Thor figures from Target. They had it set up Tuesday and then had them pegged by Wednesday afternoon.

Picked up a set of the three variants from Wal-Mart and Toys R Us. I was surprised they were still there, as I picked them up around noon, and MU tends to sell out pretty quick. Went to each store today, and they weren't as picked over as I imagined they would be, so I snagged an extra Dark Hawkeye and Iron Patriot.

My local Target only has THREE... count them folks... 1! 2! 3! Thors left. That's crazy man... :blink:

Granted with all the Thors per case they will eventually like the IM line warm pegs but I think maybe this line may have been underestimated in terms of it's selling posibilities.

Little kids love the Thor stuff man, and with Minor costing about $20, I guess the $7.99 action figure is a good bargaining chip for parents. Get the $8 action figure now and I'll but you the hammer later... makes sense to me. I just hope they dont over invest in this line though.

My local Target only has THREE... count them folks... 1! 2! 3! Thors left. That's crazy man... :blink:

All of my local targets have signs posted on the pegs that say the figures will not be available until march 1st. Kinda makes me wonder how many people are pestering the employee's for them to post that.

Quite honestly, there is nothing from this line that is difficult to find. I've seen every figure on multiple occasions at different Target locations.

I'm not sure why anyone would pester an employee to bring out new figures from a toy line that will have niche appeal as it is.

If there was a variant or short-packed figure, I could at least understand. But there isn't.

I have no intention of picking up anything from this line or the Capt. America movie line.

Classic characters only, please. My exception is Iron Man - because I love the concepts.

I like the THOR figures.

I think I'll appreciate them even more after I see the movie. I just wish Thor was a little taller. He looks so tiny next to the MU modern Thor. I'm trying to think of a way to give him some height. Why do you think there's no Thor in jeans and flannel?

That is one thing that sucks, I understand making him smaller so that the frost giants look bigger, but damn not that small. Dude is barely bigger than Loki.

All of my local targets have signs posted on the pegs that say the figures will not be available until march 1st. Kinda makes me wonder how many people are pestering the employee's for them to post that.

Quite honestly, there is nothing from this line that is difficult to find. I've seen every figure on multiple occasions at different Target locations.

I'm not sure why anyone would pester an employee to bring out new figures from a toy line that will have niche appeal as it is.

If there was a variant or short-packed figure, I could at least understand. But there isn't.

I have no intention of picking up anything from this line or the Capt. America movie line.

Classic characters only, please. My exception is Iron Man - because I love the concepts.

I think your location must have much better distribution and far less scalpers than mine. I can guarantee that within the 3 Targets 2 Super Walmarts and the 1 TRU within 20 mns of me they will stock once and be picked apart by scalpers before anyone can even see a Odin or Frost Giant. If the ever get any restock it will still be the same thing. Like I said my area has'nt broken street date and I have already seen and heard the demand while in the stores. a few weeks before the Ironman figures came out there were very large peg sections devoted to them, The Thor figs have been given about a quarter of the same space. I think im going to take my camera out to the stores on March 1st just to show how friggin nuts it is here.

I've seen the Thor figures pop at TRU and Target around Santa Cruz,CA. I passed cause I'm not that into them, but I did see Odin, Loki, Frost Giant and ofcourse Thor. Anyway, I do have an extra Ms. Marvel variant (moonstone) that I'd love to trade for the Phasing Vision. Anyone? I got perfect ebay feedback and referrences from other forums. Thanks!

Well, went to Las Vegas the other day and got NOTHING. TRU had two figures: Winter Soldier and Iron Man. Just plain old, regular, re-packed Iron Man. Not Extremis, not the newer one with the blue spots, just 80's Iron Man.

The only halfway decent new thing I saw was at Target on Blue Diamond Rd. They had the new Thor figures, which I passed on. I like my MU Thor, they didn't have Odin or Loki, and the Frost Giants were way too much money for how small they are. I want a GIANT Frost Giant, not one that is barely as tall as Sabretooth and half as muscular. I'll hold out for the MU Frost Giants.

If I hadn't been to North Carolina recently to visit family, I would have nothing since the Sentry 2-pack. Target in Concord, NC had a Yellowjacket, Dark Hawkeye (which I bought anyway even though I said I wouldn't) and I was able to get my second Skrull Soldier there as well. The first one I traded for through this forum, but I have never seen one in a store before this. Concord TRU had squat, as did all other stores I visited while there.

Having stopped in stores in multiple states recently, I have to say that distribution still completely sucks on this line of figures. Hasbro really needs to figure this out. Maybe it is the sales department that is just not able to close the deal for enough cases with these retailers. I blame the Iron Man figures, though, primarily. Just stop releasing that guy for a full year, and then maybe you can desaturate the market a bit enough to get some new cases out there.

One target by me had only 1 of each Thor, another was totally sold out minus one light-up Thor, and TRU had plenty of Thors and no Loki, Odin or FGs. As of yet, I haven't seen them. I picked up the standard Thor. I love this figure. Really having a hard time understanding people's dislike. When you compare him to other MU-compatible figures, he blows them away in terms of sculpt, paint and detail.

DSCF8292.jpg

DSCF8323.jpgDSCF8304.jpg

DSCF8326.jpg

DSCF8334.jpg

I like the THOR figures.

I think I'll appreciate them even more after I see the movie. I just wish Thor was a little taller. He looks so tiny next to the MU modern Thor. I'm trying to think of a way to give him some height. Why do you think there's no Thor in jeans and flannel?

That is one thing that sucks, I understand making him smaller so that the frost giants look bigger, but damn not that small. Dude is barely bigger than Loki.

I doubt he's small to make frost giants look bigger, he's probably small to match his size in the movie - that of a normal-sized human. He really isn't that tiny.