3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

we have only ourselves to blame. It's very dissapointing and disheartening that the very people most likely to complain on the almighty interwebs about scalping and case ratios and lack of online availability at retail prices are the very people that drive the scalper market by over buying and driving up cost and paying insane amounts of money for toys. Some days this hobby isn't very fun. This seems like one of those days for me personally. Not hating the players mind you. But very much hating the game.

While I ordered three of those Visions, my intentions are fully to trade. I have already talked with several members on here about trades and that is why I bought so many. Ask the three or four members on this board I have traded with in the past and they will tell you that's why I did it. I hate scalpers, I hate the price that I pay online for figures, and I hate the fact that I cannot win an ebay auction for a figure at a decent price (I refuse to think that the Warpath that EVERYONE but me can find is worth over 20 dollars after shipping when I bid on him). But I also think some of us buy these figures with the right intentions. Like I said, I am not even the collector. My days of toys ended almost ten years ago. But now that I have a nephew who loves the Marvel guys just like I did when I was a kid I collect them and send them to him if he is good. Hopefully these extra Visions will help me snag a Warpath or Bullseye or Sunfire for my Nephew. I know that by buying 4 WWHulks like I did my nephew now has a Mystique, Skrull, Mandarin Whiplash that he would otherwise not have.

Now, of course I dont think any of you on here are accusing those of us that got the Visions of being douches, I'm just commenting on the recent posts. Hopefully anyone that needs a Vision will be willing to trade for it, and if not and I find the other figures before a trade happens then I will be more than happy to sell my Vision to someone else at price for what I paid. I am not an ass and I will be fair in that sense.

While I ordered three of those Visions, my intentions are fully to trade. I have already talked with several members on here about trades and that is why I bought so many. Ask the three or four members on this board I have traded with in the past and they will tell you that's why I did it. I hate scalpers, I hate the price that I pay online for figures, and I hate the fact that I cannot win an ebay auction for a figure at a decent price (I refuse to think that the Warpath that EVERYONE but me can find is worth over 20 dollars after shipping when I bid on him). But I also think some of us buy these figures with the right intentions. Like I said, I am not even the collector. My days of toys ended almost ten years ago. But now that I have a nephew who loves the Marvel guys just like I did when I was a kid I collect them and send them to him if he is good. Hopefully these extra Visions will help me snag a Warpath or Bullseye or Sunfire for my Nephew. I know that by buying 4 WWHulks like I did my nephew now has a Mystique, Skrull, Mandarin Whiplash that he would otherwise not have.

Now, of course I dont think any of you on here are accusing those of us that got the Visions of being douches, I'm just commenting on the recent posts. Hopefully anyone that needs a Vision will be willing to trade for it, and if not and I find the other figures before a trade happens then I will be more than happy to sell my Vision to someone else at price for what I paid. I am not an ass and I will be fair in that sense.

Good man.

Hopefully anyone that needs a Vision will be willing to trade for it, and if not and I find the other figures before a trade happens then I will be more than happy to sell my Vision to someone else at price for what I paid. I am not an ass and I will be fair in that sense.

gotta agree. I also wanted to say that I have found that a few people (not most, mind you) are very rude and downright nasty when asked to pay shipping if buying a figure. I have had a few people contact me and were offended and said i was ripping them off because i told them they had to pay for shipping TO THEM!!! I don't mind hooking someone up, but I am not going to take a loss on something just because someone doesn't want to incur the actual cost of receiving it. If you don't want to have to pay shipping, come to my house and pick it up, or get it at a store. otherwise, pay shipping.

Hopefully anyone that needs a Vision will be willing to trade for it, and if not and I find the other figures before a trade happens then I will be more than happy to sell my Vision to someone else at price for what I paid. I am not an ass and I will be fair in that sense.

gotta agree. I also wanted to say that I have found that a few people (not most, mind you) are very rude and downright nasty when asked to pay shipping if buying a figure. I have had a few people contact me and were offended and said i was ripping them off because i told them they had to pay for shipping TO THEM!!! I don't mind hooking someone up, but I am not going to take a loss on something just because someone doesn't want to incur the actual cost of receiving it. If you don't want to have to pay shipping, come to my house and pick it up, or get it at a store. otherwise, pay shipping.

Wow. I can't even imagine someone having the nutsack to not expect to pay for shipping. If I pick an extra figure up for cost, and someone wants it - then it becomes C+S (cost plus shipping.)

In a trade, you have to pay for shipping, this is no different.

Sounds like there are some clueless folks out there.

i get tired of the hunt sometimes and the price of gas the hunt is fun yes but i dnt mind paying the bbts price or someother website price they are a contracted service if you look t it..besides its nice to have them come to your door instead of fighting for them..all of the 09 stuff i got in store half of the 10 stuff from the internet retailers..looks like it may go that way agian if not more.just bought a hammer drone off ebay why..cause hts never restocks and no one else has it

i get tired of the hunt sometimes and the price of gas the hunt is fun yes but i dnt mind paying the bbts price or someother website price they are a contracted service if you look t it..besides its nice to have them come to your door instead of fighting for them..all of the 09 stuff i got in store half of the 10 stuff from the internet retailers..looks like it may go that way agian if not more.just bought a hammer drone off ebay why..cause hts never restocks and no one else has it

I would hate to add up how much gas I ate up over the last 3months looking for the revision figures. No more retail for me because im sure I could have bought 4or5 cases for the gas mileage I used. Up until the last revisions thats how I've done it and I'm quite happy to wait for the UPS driver like he's Santa Claus.

So I finally got to check out a few areas outside my regular "patrol" zone and was surprised at some of the stuff I found: Tron Legacy Quorra (pass), Yellowjacket (pass again), and Doc Samson (close, but not really a need). But my big score, at the very last place I looked, was a Phasing Vision! So, yeah, that made the search worth it. However, now I have a conundrum: I already have a Phasing Vision without his cloak, but don't know what to do with it. Anyone have a need for just the figure without his accessories?

I would hate to add up how much gas I ate up over the last 3months looking for the revision figures. No more retail for me because im sure I could have bought 4or5 cases for the gas mileage I used. Up until the last revisions thats how I've done it and I'm quite happy to wait for the UPS driver like he's Santa Claus.

dude i hear ya thats how i got 2 out of 4 of the variants i wanted the other two i just happened to go to walmart for stuff i need walked back thier to look and got lucky..but if i can get em shipped to my house then so be it i mean really if you think about it by the time you buy a drink or something to eat gas time and what not youve spent the same amount on the mark up and the shipping IF you found them

I am starting a new job in a week so that means that I will no longer be able to stop at the Target that was next to my old job. Having that Target was the only way I was able to constantly find what I needed.

That being said, I went and pre-ordered a case for wave 13 and 14 from EE.

Needless to say, I will have a lot of extras to trade when the time comes.

Where the heck are you people driving that it's costing you so much in gas? I guess I'm just lucky that I have a Target, TRU and a Disney store all on my way home. Either way I could drive about 200 miles before I meet the same cost as BBTS.

Cost of 5 figs from Retailer - $40.00

Full Tank of gas (200 miles)- $40.00

BBTS Pre-order - $80.00

I totally understand why people are willing to pay it though. Like everyone has mentioned above, you're at least guaranteed to get the figures you want and you don't suffer the heartbreak of driving to store after store and finding nothing. I still don't think it's right that online stores charge that much for figures that haven't even been released yet. To me, it's just as bad as a comic shop tacking on an extra $2 for FF #587 the day it comes out just because it's "hot". But I guess if people are willing to pay it...

FYI, Disneystore.com is having a Free Shipping promotion for St. Patty's day. If anyone needs the WWH wave or some of the SW 2 Packs check it out and use the promo code LUCKY.

Edit: Just after I posted this I got an email from HTS too. Free shipping, no minimum order! Today only.

Where the heck are you people driving that it's costing you so much in gas? I guess I'm just lucky that I have a Target, TRU and a Disney store all on my way home. Either way I could drive about 200 miles before I meet the same cost as BBTS.

BBTS Pre-order - $80.00

I totally understand why people are willing to pay it though. Like everyone has mentioned above, you're at least guaranteed to get the figures you want and you don't suffer the heartbreak of driving to store after store and finding nothing. I still don't think it's right that online stores charge that much for figures that haven't even been released yet. To me, it's just as bad as a comic shop tacking on an extra $2 for FF #587 the day it comes out just because it's "hot". But I guess if people are willing to pay it...

FYI, Disneystore.com is having a Free Shipping promotion for St. Patty's day. If anyone needs the WWH wave or some of the SW 2 Packs check it out and use the promo code LUCKY.

Edit: Just after I posted this I got an email from HTS too. Free shipping, no minimum order! Today only.

You are fortunate to have decent distribution in your area. I have a few stores clustered about 25 miles from each other. 5 targets 3 SuperWalmarts and a TRU, out of all of them only 2 targets have had any of the Revisions (twice) in the last 3 months. Retail is useless in my area. But hey if you need any Ironmans we got those.

Agreed about distribution. In these parts within 25 miles we have 3 Walmarts, 2 Kmarts, and 1 Target. One of the Walmarts doesn't carry MU and never stockes Spidey line or Thor but there are still plenty of IMs. The other two never restock, right now each has bout 3 Spidey line figures, then one has 1 Namor{the rest of the MUs are IM and are on the clearance aisle}, the other has 19 MUs{15 of which are IM}. Then there's Target{afterall Kmart doesn't carry MU or Thor}, our Target restocks about once every two to three months and right now have 5 Thors, plenty of IMs, 4 Spidey lines figures, and as for MU..one DD, one Kitty Pryde, one I.Patriot, and one Multiple Man. So it looks like I may too have to go the online route to keep up with this hobby.

BBTS Pre-order - $80.00

Got the HTS email too. Just about all the good stuff is out of stock though. I'm happy with paying the shipping on the orders I just placed the other day to at least be able to get the figures though.

snagged 2 more Shadow Trackers today. My Jamaican drug/ voodoo gang is growin...

LOL. A wal-mart in my area has like 10 Shawdow Trackers, 10 Low Lights, and 15 Skydives. Maybe I should troop build Skydive. I love that fig.

That's crazy. I have all of POC4 but only saw Skydive at Wally and Target today. Did see POC3 Snake Eyes(the awesome one) and some shock troopers. Also a Hulk/Cyclops 2 pack

snagged 2 more Shadow Trackers today. My Jamaican drug/ voodoo gang is growin...

LOL. A wal-mart in my area has like 10 Shawdow Trackers, 10 Low Lights, and 15 Skydives. Maybe I should troop build Skydive. I love that fig.

That's crazy. I have all of POC4 but only saw Skydive at Wally and Target today. Did see POC3 Snake Eyes(the awesome one) and some shock troopers. Also a Hulk/Cyclops 2 pack

im tryin to get a couple more of the new Destro, but him and Lowlight are gettin cherry-picked HARD. i can see why Destro is hot- pop & swap heads and you have a "Heavy Viper." But Lowlight ? Hes cool and all (I grabbed one for his gear) but multiples?

btw, is it ok to talk joes in here ? im goin thru a heavy MU drought...