3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

got 3 Warpath Variants for trade

hit me up

Thanos X2

Warpath X2

Archangel X2

Hey, before you start selling figs, why don't you refund me or make good on the trade you scammed me on months ago.

Remember reading about this months ago. Still hasn't made it right Nickster? That sucks. You should just make sure you faithfully update a thread in the trader feedback section so anyone thinking of trading with this guy has ample warning. Put his name in the subject too, so it's evident who the feedback is for. Sorry to hear he never made it right. Hope it didn't kill you for trading. I recently did my first trade with a newer member on these boards (eradicatorRage), and thankfully it went perfectly. Good luck with your future trades!

Yeah--my first two trades on here (SKETCH and this guy) burned me. What really kills me is Sketch was later found trying to trade the Sunfire he burned me for.

Just made a bump on my feedback thread. Hopefully no one gets burned by this guy as well.

got 3 Warpath Variants for trade

hit me up

Thanos X2

Warpath X2

Archangel X2

Hey, before you start selling figs, why don't you refund me or make good on the trade you scammed me on months ago.

So in other words, he's a scammer? And the figures he claims to have, he doesn't?

Yep, sent him a comic Iron Monger for Spidey/Sentry 2 pack. He got his stuff, I never got mine. He promised to make it right, never did, keeps trying to hawk stuff on here.

Just picked up the Frost Giant/ Loki Gigantic Battles pack, which is weird because we usually get everything last here in NEPA.

Wanna add an interesting note: the box has the HAMMER art and Norman Osborn on the back. I'm wondering if these were supposed to be out much sooner, but got delayed for the Thor movie?

Where's NEPA???

I'm thinkin North East PA?

thats what I was thinkin too, but that would so out of the ordinary. Seems like these things show up in cali first, then trickle out.

Yes, Northeast Pennsylvania. More specifically, the Scranton area.

It definitely IS out of the ordinary. I went out looking for the Green lantern stuff, and stumbled upon these. Wish I would have stumbled into the first sighting of the movie Cap stuf, but still, I'm not complaining haha.

It would make more sense for it to come from Pennsylvania first since that's where HASBRO's distribution is located. I don't know where all this "stuff hits the west coast first" came from. On the black market yes, but in retail no. Retail have their shipments sent to the from Hasbro distribution, just like when we order from HTS, so a guy in NEPA would get his package a lot faster than a guy in Cali would.

Know your a bit of a noob here Hiro, so you don't have the benefit of historical data, but typically these things hit west coast first. That's where you see the member sightings popping up first usually. Most stock to the stores has to come from that particular chains distribution centers, not Hasbro's. The product usually makes the journey from China on a cargo ship, which docks in Cali. Then is sent to the chains dist.ctrs. from there. IN THIS CASE, HOWEVER, I found out that The stores aren't receiving their stock from their own DC's. They are coming from the manufacturer STRAIGHT TO EACH STORE. The guy helping me said it was unusual, and because of it he couldn't pin down a date when the product on order would hit the store. So in this case, you hit the nail on the head Hiro, but it is unusual.

@TxHiro

I really don't know what the deal is, but somehow, this area doesn't put stuff out until at least a week or two after someone in Cali finds it. Sometimes (RARELY) but sometimes, we get it at the exact same time, but with the logic that they are located on this coast, we SHOULD get stuff first, but truly do not.

@conan050

I truly wish I had the capital to be able to do that, but at the moment, I do not. If they don't make it to your area, or noone else is able to help, I'll see what I can do, because if they're like the last set, they won't sell out around here. At the moment, I can't make any promises based on my monetary situation. I probably shouldn't have even bought one for myself haha.

Just picked up the Frost Giant/ Loki Gigantic Battles pack, which is weird because we usually get everything last here in NEPA.

Wanna add an interesting note: the box has the HAMMER art and Norman Osborn on the back. I'm wondering if these were supposed to be out much sooner, but got delayed for the Thor movie?

Where's NEPA???

I'm thinkin North East PA?

thats what I was thinkin too, but that would so out of the ordinary. Seems like these things show up in cali first, then trickle out.

It definitely IS out of the ordinary. I went out looking for the Green lantern stuff, and stumbled upon these. Wish I would have stumbled into the first sighting of the movie Cap stuf, but still, I'm not complaining haha.

It would make more sense for it to come from Pennsylvania first since that's where HASBRO's distribution is located. I don't know where all this "stuff hits the west coast first" came from. On the black market yes, but in retail no. Retail have their shipments sent to the from Hasbro distribution, just like when we order from HTS, so a guy in NEPA would get his package a lot faster than a guy in Cali would.

Know your a bit of a noob here Hiro, so you don't have the benefit of historical data, but typically these things hit west coast first. That's where you see the member sightings popping up first usually. Most stock to the stores has to come from that particular chains distribution centers, not Hasbro's. The product usually makes the journey from China on a cargo ship, which docks in Cali. Then is sent to the chains dist.ctrs. from there. IN THIS CASE, HOWEVER, I found out that The stores aren't receiving their stock from their own DC's. They are coming from the manufacturer STRAIGHT TO EACH STORE. The guy helping me said it was unusual, and because of it he couldn't pin down a date when the product on order would hit the store. So in this case, you hit the nail on the head Hiro, but it is unusual.

A noob to this board yes, but I worked in retail for a while. Honestly I just put two and two together that all the Hasbro product ships from PA and it pops up in this guys wal-mart first only makes sense that they ship to retail from PA. Now my next question would be what about products that are sold by DIAMOND Distro to LCS? Like the Marvel Select/Legends stuff, that should hit the west coast stores first right? Because it would make no sense for Hasbro to ship to allll the way east and then right back out west. So I guess in MU we have to rely on our american east coast brothers to give us heads ups when new merch is on shelf/peg.

i usually just check ebay to see where stuff is hitting. not entirely accurate but once a few more start popping up i can get a rough estimate. so far a guy in ann harbor, MI is selling a goliath pack. still debating if i want either of these. if i had a good giant man figure, i'd get goliath i guess since i'm trying not to buy all the badguys. cheaper that way.

Massive restock at Target here in Rego-stan. My kids scored a Bullseye and variant Daredevil. They also had a couple modern variant Ms. Marvels, a Skrull with Skrull-ese base, Mystique, Jean Gray, Black Widow, Sunfire, and variant Warpath. A little kid with his mother picked up the Sunfire and was debating about whether or not to get it 'til I told her that it's hard to find and she should snag it now if he really wants it. Two minutes later this mouth breathing window licker who is an obvious hoarder/scalper came through and snagged the Warpath.

Massive restock at Target here in Rego-stan. My kids scored a Bullseye and variant Daredevil. They also had a couple modern variant Ms. Marvels, a Skrull with Skrull-ese base, Mystique, Jean Gray, Black Widow, Sunfire, and variant Warpath. A little kid with his mother picked up the Sunfire and was debating about whether or not to get it 'til I told her that it's hard to find and she should snag it now if he really wants it. Two minutes later this mouth breathing window licker who is an obvious hoarder/scalper came through and snagged the Warpath.

How was it obvious that he was a scalper?

First, I'm sure you've seen the type. If he is gainfully employed and not living with his parents (he is a grown man and I'm joking, to an extent, don't mean to stigmatize) I'd eat his Warpath variant fig. Second, the way he was eyeing the figs my son was carrying, I swear I half-expected him to try to snatch them away (never gonna happen with me around). Third, the grab for every moderately hard-to-find fig, not just the Warpath. Guy knew what to look for in terms of resale.

Outside chance he is a collector/enthusiast, but I see a lot of these types in NYC. I'm fairly confident in my assessment, even in my short time finding figs for my kids.

i'm hoping someone on another forum is talking about how this one dad with his kid kept eyeballing him while he was trying to get at the marvel universe figs. :wink:

if someone's in the toy aisle with a basket of stuff, i tend to check out what they got. no ill feelings i just like knowing what i possibly missed out on. only time i ever did a snatch was when my cousin and i were looking for an ahsoka figure and we went to every store before finding one. kid and his mom were in the aisle looking at the SW toys but were taking their sweet time just staring so i just hopped in front of them and grabbed the ahsoka for my cousin to end a night.

Gotta throw this out here in hopes of the majority of people see it, but for those who have PMed me asking to pick up the Gigantic battles packs, I'm sorry to say that I can't do that.

I would love to help out my fellow collectors as I think the majority of the people on these boards are good people, but I just don't have the finances to do it. And I can't rightly do it for one person and tell another person no, it's just not fair.

Also, I'd never mark up or ask for any extra on anything I found at retail, so while I appreciate the offers, I have to decline. If my monetary status changes and I can pick these up for people, I will, but by that time, you all will probably have found them.

Once again, sorry guys.

First, I'm sure you've seen the type. If he is gainfully employed and not living with his parents (he is a grown man and I'm joking, to an extent, don't mean to stigmatize) I'd eat his Warpath variant fig. Second, the way he was eyeing the figs my son was carrying, I swear I half-expected him to try to snatch them away (never gonna happen with me around). Third, the grab for every moderately hard-to-find fig, not just the Warpath. Guy knew what to look for in terms of resale.

Outside chance he is a collector/enthusiast, but I see a lot of these types in NYC. I'm fairly confident in my assessment, even in my short time finding figs for my kids.

While not directed at me,

YEAH,

I can tell you in NYC if you go on the hunt long enough you can spot these guys a mile away or hear it in the way they talk to each other,

look at the April Hauls post if you can't recognize what they sound like.

lol, just j/k

*edit* yes there is always the chance you were wrong CharrdWood, I'm sure at times people may mistake us enthusiast as scalpers too BUT most likely than not you might of been right too.

Yeah. I finally saw my local scalper for the first time a few weeks ago. Spanish guy, beer belly, red neck tendencies with a mullett. I heard him on his cell phone talking to a buddy I guess they both work for Target, and he was talking about how he bought all figures and blah blah blah... So I walked closer to him and lowly said, "So this is the cxxk sucker hoarding every action figure in Texas". He walked off pissed, but I'm 6"4 290, he didn't want any parts of me.

Gotta throw this out here in hopes of the majority of people see it, but for those who have PMed me asking to pick up the Gigantic battles packs, I'm sorry to say that I can't do that.

I would love to help out my fellow collectors as I think the majority of the people on these boards are good people, but I just don't have the finances to do it. And I can't rightly do it for one person and tell another person no, it's just not fair.

Also, I'd never mark up or ask for any extra on anything I found at retail, so while I appreciate the offers, I have to decline. If my monetary status changes and I can pick these up for people, I will, but by that time, you all will probably have found them.

Once again, sorry guys.

Fair enough, either way great to hear these are popping up at Walmarts.

Once again, sorry guys.

Fair enough, either way great to hear these are popping up at Walmarts.

Hey man once I get myself and my buddy squared away I'll get you taken care of.

I think it's worthy of mention that this weekend, my Walmart, Target, AND Toys 'R' Us all stocked their pegs heavily with the Wave 12 revision waves. Plenty of Warpath variants, Visions, Sunfires, Skrulls etc.

That can't be a coincidence. There's literally been nothing at these stores for like half a year. Either these things shipped massively from warehouses lately, or the local scalpers are at a convention somewhere else.

Found both Gigantic Battles sets this morning at Wal-Mart.

I was really worried about finding these, but luck was on my side this time around.

At 25$ a pop, I was not able to pick up the remaining set, sorry guys.

Also worth mentioning is that there was at least 3 revision cases on the pegs. Dare I say they are starting to peg warm?

Dude I grew up in Wilkes-Barre, my family still lives there so I get back fairly regularly. Nice to see a collector around from my old haunts.

WoW these guys are really hitting fast. Actually found 1 gigantic battle here in N.Bama which is usually one of the last areas to get anything. Sadly the Wallyworld employees took their dip in the til, there was only one Bill Foster. Asked an employee and for what it's worth after scanning the sticker she said that was the only one they had. Wondering now if there was indeed a street date.

post-24108-1302530329_thumb.jpg