3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Made my rounds locally today and it's the same story it's been for months. Either a store hasn't stocked in months{Target} or they're overflowing with revision case stuff{Walmart}. Even Archangel, Sunfire,Jean Grey, and Vision are pegwarming. The Gigantic Battles are everywhere but sadly I promised my girl I would buy the FG til after Easter as she wants to get it for me{watch won't be able to find it after Easter if she doesn't come thru LOL}.

Made my rounds locally today and it's the same story it's been for months. Either a store hasn't stocked in months{Target} or they're overflowing with revision case stuff{Walmart}. Even Archangel, Sunfire,Jean Grey, and Vision are pegwarming. The Gigantic Battles are everywhere but sadly I promised my girl I would buy the FG til after Easter as she wants to get it for me{watch won't be able to find it after Easter if she doesn't come thru LOL}.

maybe you could lend her the money till Easter :)

Sorry fellow forum peoples but I just have to vent here a little bit.

Last week Tuesday I went to my local Walmart (in Madison, WI) looking for the Gigantic Battles figures. There weren't any on the shelf but there was someone working in the aisle with a scanner so I asked if she could check to see if there were any in the back. She scanned the bar code and said they didn't have any but to check back in a few days because some were on order. The problem with this was I had plans to be out of town for an extended weekend.

I left my place Thursday morning for a 3 1/2 hour drive north. I stopped at every Walmart along the way hoping to get lucky and find these only to discover that every single Walmart I visited stopped carrying the Marvel Universe line completely.

Today I got back home and a few hours later I went to my local Walmart. I got the last Gigantic Battles off the shelf (Goliath/Clone Thor) and asked the same woman if there were any in the back. There were not. I then drove to a super Walmart a few miles away to check. There weren't any on the shelf so I took the tag to customer service to check. They didn't have any either so I had them call a store on the far side of town to see if they had any. They called and told me that store had 4.

I got to that store about 15 minutes later and went to the toy aisle. There weren't any there so I asked a guy who was stocking toys if he had any in the back. He told me "there was no way to check for that" and walked away. So I went to customer service and explained that I was just at the Monona store and they called and said there were 4 of them here. Nobody knew what I was talking about. I was finally referred to someone else to was very nice and took the time to triple check. The results were that they didn't have any either and that I had wasted a trip. Then a lady came up and said she sold 4 of them on Saturday to a guy from Milwaukee. I'm guessing this same guy cleared out the Monona store too and is scalping them.

It's really frustrating to look forward to these things for months only to return from a trip and find them all snatched up. It's also frustrating that all three stores only order 4 of them at a time when they sell out so fast. At least I got one. Still need a Loki and a Frost Giant.

End of Rant.

Last week Tuesday I went to my local Walmart (in Madison, WI) looking for the Gigantic Battles figures. There weren't any on the shelf but there was someone working in the aisle with a scanner so I asked if she could check to see if there were any in the back. She scanned the bar code and said they didn't have any but to check back in a few days because some were on order. The problem with this was I had plans to be out of town for an extended weekend.

I left my place Thursday morning for a 3 1/2 hour drive north. I stopped at every Walmart along the way hoping to get lucky and find these only to discover that every single Walmart I visited stopped carrying the Marvel Universe line completely.

Today I got back home and a few hours later I went to my local Walmart. I got the last Gigantic Battles off the shelf (Goliath/Clone Thor) and asked the same woman if there were any in the back. There were not. I then drove to a super Walmart a few miles away to check. There weren't any on the shelf so I took the tag to customer service to check. They didn't have any either so I had them call a store on the far side of town to see if they had any. They called and told me that store had 4.

I got to that store about 15 minutes later and went to the toy aisle. There weren't any there so I asked a guy who was stocking toys if he had any in the back. He told me "there was no way to check for that" and walked away. So I went to customer service and explained that I was just at the Monona store and they called and said there were 4 of them here. Nobody knew what I was talking about. I was finally referred to someone else to was very nice and took the time to triple check. The results were that they didn't have any either and that I had wasted a trip. Then a lady came up and said she sold 4 of them on Saturday to a guy from Milwaukee. I'm guessing this same guy cleared out the Monona store too and is scalping them.

It's really frustrating to look forward to these things for months only to return from a trip and find them all snatched up. It's also frustrating that all three stores only order 4 of them at a time when they sell out so fast. At least I got one. Still need a Loki and a Frost Giant.

End of Rant.

Not just happening to you bro. I drove 30 minutes out of my way to a wally which i had called prior to my drive out and was told there was 4+. When i got there, there was none on the shelf and the employees i talked to all gave me the same run round that there is an error in there computer and they arent at the actual store....i call bs.

I live in NYC,

there are no walmarts... But scalping is so common place here it's disgusting.

Good luck, I keep asking for help finding a frost Giant pack but so far no one has stepped up and followed through.

Hope I find the Marvel Universe deity and they help me out, because it seems these aren't going to be easy to get for me at all....

I live in NYC,

Good luck, I keep asking for help finding a frost Giant pack but so far no one has stepped up and followed through.

Hope I find the Marvel Universe deity and they help me out, because it seems these aren't going to be easy to get for me at all....

I'll keep an eye out for a set.

End of Rant.

I totally feel you on this. I've had a a similar experience with these.

It seems ridiculous they're only ordering two of each kind per store! It seems pretty absurd!

End of Rant.

I called ahead at one Walmart about an hour away from me. After about 5 min wait I finally got a hold of someone in Toys. I asked if they had any in to which she promptly said "no, we don't have that". So she pretty much didn't even bother checking, how helpful. I then said screw it and went there anyways. I go look for it and there they were, one of each. Seriously what the hell is wrong with Walmart?!?!? There customer service is so bad it's almost non-existent. I too work at a grocery store and hate my job but I'll still check for something if a customer asks.

I found the bill foster set no frost giant the thing is it's been there since lkast thursday and i went back today and it is still there so if you want it I can get it for you :D although i wish they had the frost giant too as I want that one :hulk:

I live in NYC,

you guys gotta remember the Frost Giant is an army builder or can be....the night I found mine there were 2 cases...two of each set. I bought both FG packs and left a Goliath/Ragnarok set. This is in most cases what some are seeing

This makes it harder then F**K for me to find a Frost Giant considering 1 out of 5 local walmarts still carry the line. Otherwise, its travel 30mins - 1hr and may not even get anything.

@ xenesthis, thanks man, on that it's more the Loki set for me too.

Appreciate the offer.

@cylix3341 since you troop building maybe you can pm me and hook me up with the Extra Loki you got then.

Trade or something...

Troop building giant frost giants..... I'd be happy with one or none Loki is what I mainly want. The giant is the bonus.

I don't have that much room in my apartment to troop build giant frost giants and I don't personally get the need for more than one unless I'm customizing.

Ohhhh my god!!!! Ive been waiting to post this all day and I only got the chance just now!!

Hi everyone, long time lurker, been on the board for a month, finally got an account because I HAD to tell this to someone who would dig this. So, I leave my girlfriends place this morning, Im taking the bus downtown, and before I catch the bart train, I think "#$## it, Im in no hurry to make my class, Ima swing be jefferey's and browse the comics" and I walk in, and low and behold!! They have the Apocalypse wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I snag their ONLY cyclops and apocalypse, both with perfect paint detail. No cable, but since im in their all the time, they said they'd call me up once they get one in. SOOOOO freakin dope, Ive been waiting so long for these and I literally just swung by there cuz they just opened and I wanted a comic to read with my coffee. Seriously, so freakin great. If anyone is living in San Francisco, bay area, they got one or two Gladiators still, plenty of 1st appearance wolvies, two spiderwomans, and a few other things from the last wave. They're like, the only place in SF that carries marvel universe, except the disney store thats also downtown. They look sooo cool!! I want to open em, but im afraid they'll lose their magic if I do.

oh, also, Hi everyone! Im neeman, Ive been collecting MU since like, november last year, and Im an addict, big time. I also collect Joes since ROC, and Im lightweight tryin to get into customizing. Nice to meet you all : )

word!!! welcome to the boards. sweet score in SF! i'm in So Cal. LA to be specific. your score is good news. must mean Wave 13 is officially on our shores.

awesome story, btw! that's a good feeling right there.

cool...

holler.

Ohhhh my god!!!! Ive been waiting to post this all day and I only got the chance just now!!

Hi everyone, long time lurker, been on the board for a month, finally got an account because I HAD to tell this to someone who would dig this. So, I leave my girlfriends place this morning, Im taking the bus downtown, and before I catch the bart train, I think "#$## it, Im in no hurry to make my class, Ima swing be jefferey's and browse the comics" and I walk in, and low and behold!! They have the Apocalypse wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I snag their ONLY cyclops and apocalypse, both with perfect paint detail. No cable, but since im in their all the time, they said they'd call me up once they get one in. SOOOOO freakin dope, Ive been waiting so long for these and I literally just swung by there cuz they just opened and I wanted a comic to read with my coffee. Seriously, so freakin great. If anyone is living in San Francisco, bay area, they got one or two Gladiators still, plenty of 1st appearance wolvies, two spiderwomans, and a few other things from the last wave. They're like, the only place in SF that carries marvel universe, except the disney store thats also downtown. They look sooo cool!! I want to open em, but im afraid they'll lose their magic if I do.

oh, also, Hi everyone! Im neeman, Ive been collecting MU since like, november last year, and Im an addict, big time. I also collect Joes since ROC, and Im lightweight tryin to get into customizing. Nice to meet you all : )

-Shockwave: thanks dude, its great to finally post somethin!! it miiiight mean that they're out on the west coast, but Im not sure. Jefferey's is a family run local toy/comic store, so it could be they ordered they're figures from BBTS or somewhere like that, so it might still be a minute before we see em pop up at target or walmart or department stores like that.

-Noooooodlechowowow: like I said, they're a mom n pop place, so everything there, cept there comics, are a little pricey. I paid 12 for em, but I get my paycheck in two days, so it was well worth it. When did you see em have a flame on variant?!?!?!?! Ive been wanting that for my FF so bad!!! Ive only seen em carry MU once (twice counting today) and they always sell out in like two days.

prolly saw that torch in 2009 man, waaay way back. last time i went in was maybe beginning of the year and they hadn't restocked their marvel universe. glad to see they actually got new stuff tho. hoping the stores get their stocks in this week cuz man, that cyclops is my most wanted figure.

also, i'd say open it since it'll have all the better articulation that hasbro should have had from the start. :biggrin: