3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

So, I go to TRU yesterday hoping maybe I can get lucky, and stumble upon a Spider Woman that wasn't there before. Knowing full well that she is one of the wave 13 pack-ins I realize that I am unfortunately a fuzz too late.

Later on a whim, I check Ebay using the "nearest first" function and would ya guess what I find? Bakersfield (where I live) seller with wave 13 that most likely came from that TRU (as it's the only one for 70 miles.)

Don't ya hate it when that happens? Bastard didn't even keep the Cable for himself. Not even a collector/scalper. Just a scalper.

These need to show up at Target already.

Ebay seller "backfromthedead75" is a scalper and a punk, should any of you come across him.

I've thought about buying one of them, just to see if I could arrange an in-person meeting. You know, a know your enemy type of deal. Then I could rough em up on account of his douche baggery. Nice to fantasize about something, considering I'm not getting those figures for a little while...

And this is why I will always be against exclusive figures.

Ebay seller "backfromthedead75" is a scalper and a punk, should any of you come across him.

I've thought about buying one of them, just to see if I could arrange an in-person meeting. You know, a know your enemy type of deal. Then I could rough em up on account of his douche baggery. Nice to fantasize about something, considering I'm not getting those figures for a little while...

You want to beat someone up for getting to the figures before you? Really?

Wave 13 aren't exclusive figures, BTW.

You want to beat someone up for getting to the figures before you? Really?

Wave 13 aren't exclusive figures, BTW.

I think he wants to beat him up for being a scalper and a punk.

yeah haven't gotten the courage to open it just yet. i know that "meh" stock body but the wings looks awesome on it. think i'm just afraid the leg will just fall off like my spidey 2099. can't keep that leg on him even after trying to reform the plastic with hot water.

man, and all that searching for the better part of the year and all i had to do was get lucky on HTS. one is for my buddy in NY so i have that on my wall along with variant warpath and phasing vision and i realized they don't... hang... right. balance is just off haha

irishmofo, where are you from? i actually see a ton of bay area people on this board. maybe 5 at least.

Yaaaay Areaaaa!!!!! Bay life mofos!!! We out here!!!

So, no come ups today, but I only checked the tanforan, colma, and Daly City Targets. I cant hit up any TRU cuz I dont have a car, and Im pretty sure there arent any close to BART. Noodle Chow, Irishmofo, LapuLapu, ya'll wanna do a group hunt some day? I'll bring tha treeezz : D

I don't want to beat anyone up. That would be silly. But venting and fantasizing about it are alright in my book. If my habit were that far out of control, don't ya think I would've ordered the figures online?

But that's the point. I shouldn't have to pay at least double MSRP to someone who produced nothing and performed no service. For me to do that, I would be patronizing the system in which this plankton operates. My rigid refusal to do so has a tendency to frustrate me to the point of anger, but I assure you, said plankton is safe from my wraith.

This behavior represents everything that's wrong with the world. Everyone thinks they should get a cut just because what they're doing isn't technically against the law.

Imagine if someone could buy all the oil in the world, and charge you what they think you would pay for it rather than the actual value? Oh, wait! That's actually what happens and that's why I'm paying $4.16 a gallon! Well, that makes me want to beat someone up!

And I know wave 13 isn't exclusive. But if it were, I'd be screwed. Same as any TRU exclusive.

See, like most of you anti-scalpers, I have a real job that doesn't afford me the luxury of sitting outside the store, waiting for them to open on Wednesday when the truck comes.

I will never have success at TRU because those are the circumstances. Every Wednesday at 8:59am the "collectors" are lined up. And every Wednesday at 9:02am that store has been pillaged of anything that is considered to be collectable

And I know wave 13 isn't exclusive. But if it were, I'd be screwed. Same as any TRU exclusive.

See, like most of you anti-scalpers, I have a real job that doesn't afford me the luxury of sitting outside the store, waiting for them to open on Wednesday when the truck comes.

I will never have success at TRU because those are the circumstances. Every Wednesday at 8:59am the "collectors" are lined up. And every Wednesday at 9:02am that store has been pillaged of anything that is considered to be collectable

hahah Ryan's Dad cut me off on Friday when he saw me, I saw him already at the stockdale target and so i took off because he already raped the store, he chased me down going like 80 in a 55. Oilslick lives in my town and he is correct, it is really tough where we live. slick if i somehow find extras i will hook you up.

Ryan's dad needs a smack. Not just because of his attitude towards toys, but because of his attitude to life in general. It's obvious that this guy is a complete tool. People like that never learn from anything other than violence.

And before the PC brigade start their usual BS, I am serious, I do have a life, I am not a serious collector, I have a girlfriend, I had sex today, I own my house, I have no debts, I live a happy and content life.

I think that will cover the usual predictable and inane responses.

Ryan's dad needs a smack. Not just because of his attitude towards toys, but because of his attitude to life in general. It's obvious that this guy is a complete tool. People like that never learn from anything other than violence.

And before the PC brigade start their usual BS, I am serious, I do have a life, I am not a serious collector, I have a girlfriend, I had sex today, I own my house, I have no debts, I live a happy and content life.

I think that will cover the usual predictable and inane responses.

How do you know him??

wait who the hell is ryan's dad?

Local Scalp shop called Ryan's Toy Connection, Ryan's Dad is retired and is at every store from 8-8:30 he is fast, he grabs anything and everything and sells them at there shop plus a huge markup and then takes everything down to Frank N Sons in LA on the weekend, what does not sell he returns right before 90 days is up...I have multiple run in's with him from him running pushing and even trying to cut me off. They are thieves plain and simple. They have also made connections with TRU employees and managers, multiple times I have heard employees telling people looking for a sold out item to go to there store. do a Google search for Ryan's Toy Connection you will see.

ah man that sucks. yeah as much as i love frank and sons, i'm more than glad i don't live anywhere near there. some sellers there are really nice and wanna help you out but then there's the asshats who, once they know what you're looking for, buy said item from the other vendors around them just to make a few bucks off you.

that said, it's actually one of my favorite places to go to. you can go in with 20 bucks and no idea what you're looking for and come away with a really nice stash. :biggrin:

ah man that sucks. yeah as much as i love frank and sons, i'm more than glad i don't live anywhere near there. some sellers there are really nice and wanna help you out but then there's the asshats who, once they know what you're looking for, buy said item from the other vendors around them just to make a few bucks off you.

that said, it's actually one of my favorite places to go to. you can go in with 20 bucks and no idea what you're looking for and come away with a really nice stash. :biggrin:

ass hats, dude that's awesome and I am actually going to start calling people that. oh and yeah ryans dad sounds like a douche, the returning before 90 days part is just golden.

The only thing more outrageous than the scalpers' behavior is the perceived value of these toys. Come on! I've been able to come up on almost every figure in this line between retail and HTS with only a few exceptions (big thanks to pooda and johnnyquest).

BBTS Marvel Universe series 2 set of 5=$69.99 +$8.29 for shipping=$78.28

Divided by five (5) figures=$15.66 per figure

vs.

Five (5) figures @$8.65 ($7.99 +tax)=$43.25

The real joke is that among those five figures, three of them are packed 2 per case, and two of those will be in the next case! So when you break it down, how much are you really paying for Cyclops and Cable? According to my math, about $25 per figure for those two. How is that any different than paying off a scalper?

Long story short, I shant be validating scalpers with my money. I will get these. And I'll get them at retail. People like Ryan and his dad and whatever dickbag scalpers live your area are only a minor inconvenience, brothers! We shall overcome.

In all honesty, if someone cut me off, broke speed limits and/ or pushed past me just to get to toys, I would beat #$@# out of them. Unless they were a big massive dude or something haha.

Then I'd probably just let the air out of his car tyres or something.

I have 3 kids and believe me I have wanted to punch this guy in the face, he is an old fat fart and I would knock the #$@# out of him but I can grantee he would call the cops and press charges on me and I can not have that with 3 little ones.