3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

The only thing more outrageous than the scalpers' behavior is the perceived value of these toys. Come on! I've been able to come up on almost every figure in this line between retail and HTS with only a few exceptions (big thanks to pooda and johnnyquest).

BBTS Marvel Universe series 2 set of 5=$69.99 +$8.29 for shipping=$78.28

Divided by five (5) figures=$15.66 per figure

vs.

Five (5) figures @$8.65 ($7.99 +tax)=$43.25

The real joke is that among those five figures, three of them are packed 2 per case, and two of those will be in the next case! So when you break it down, how much are you really paying for Cyclops and Cable? According to my math, about $25 per figure for those two. How is that any different than paying off a scalper?

Long story short, I shant be validating scalpers with my money. I will get these. And I'll get them at retail. People like Ryan and his dad and whatever dickbag scalpers live your area are only a minor inconvenience, brothers! We shall overcome.

You know what I feel the same way, Hasbro eventually re-releases most of the figures in revision cases any ways and they are everywhere(might of taken about 2 years but still)

I understand the "I need it now" factor because everyone wants the new stuff NOW

but sooner or later it will be there, giving up to a scalper or hefty priced online store just makes them believe is OK to raise the prices because it sells.

sure Gas is 4+ in some parts(in california where i live its 4.30pg) and you probably have to travel distances sure I can understand. Luckily i have traded or bought from people in this site who are very helpfull and resonable with their pricing that makes me more patient for the new wave. I will eventually find it when i got out for clothese or what not.

remeber these figures are about $9(the medium, more depending on your area and where you buy it) now like any other product though I can understand there are premiums to diffeent people who are not so lucky to have a retailer close to them so, if this is your case

i feel for you :( :profx:

wait who the hell is ryan's dad?

Local Scalp shop called Ryan's Toy Connection, Ryan's Dad is retired and is at every store from 8-8:30 he is fast, he grabs anything and everything and sells them at there shop plus a huge markup and then takes everything down to Frank N Sons in LA on the weekend, what does not sell he returns right before 90 days is up...I have multiple run in's with him from him running pushing and even trying to cut me off. They are thieves plain and simple. They have also made connections with TRU employees and managers, multiple times I have heard employees telling people looking for a sold out item to go to there store. do a Google search for Ryan's Toy Connection you will see.

Picture of said dude(s) anywhere? I go to Frank and Sons regularly (wednesdays) and try not to get ripped by scalpers there which seem to fill the place. Def will stay away from there shop.

As often as I'm at the same Targets, Walmarts, and TRU's, I know the employees there recognize me but I can't bring myself to be a "hook up" guy...I'm just not that guy. I enjoy the hunt...I don't want to shadynize it all up.

That being said, I do like get dirty and find secret employee hiding spots. I just recent found that the display signs above lift up at Toys R Us and there's usually some random stuff in there. I saw some starwars figures up there today (don't know the first thing about starwars though). Plus I almost tore down the entire shelf trying to reach up there...would'a been a great Youtube security video.

Lol @ rollanotherbluntt trezzzz....

What i dont understand is , why not make multiples of each figure instead of one in each box , dont they take a poll or survey of which character would be more collectible than some, its like with these case multiples of first appearance wolvies and gladiator, really now? How many seriously believes that gladiator is cooler than cable and that makes hasbro to make multiples of gladiator than cable, more cooler multiple characters they put out the less peg warmers theyll have , just my two cents.

i'm almost sure hasbro made it that way for people to buy full cases. i mean look at smalljoes.com, they're out of stock on the wave 13 case already. hoping they restock next week cuz i was planning on buying from them. not gonna bother driving to a bunch of stores anymore since i'm sure if one person got to a store that had em, they bought em all since i would have probably done the same.

PowerDude if you got the Southbay goodluck - there are a few scalpers who got the whole area canvassed. The old douche with the store in Vallco and his sidekick got all the Targets, TRU and Walmarts networked. Not only that but this douchebag scalper is bender. There's also the annoying ebay dude you gotta contend with. Come to think of it the whole Bay Area is canvassed with Scalpers.

PowerDude if you got the Southbay goodluck - there are a few scalpers who got the whole area canvassed. The old douche with the store in Vallco and his sidekick got all the Targets, TRU and Walmarts networked. Not only that but this douchebag scalper is bender. There's also the annoying ebay dude you gotta contend with. Come to think of it the whole Bay Area is canvassed with Scalpers.

guys... just relax and get them when you find them.. everything will come to you eventually, you just might have to exercise some patience.

don't even let yourself get pissed off by some losers that hoard up everything new

Spoken like a true gentleman... I was thinking about wave 13 and if I wait a month or two they will be everywhere

guys... just relax and get them when you find them.. everything will come to you eventually, you just might have to exercise some patience.

don't even let yourself get pissed off by some losers that hoard up everything new

Spoken like a true gentleman... I was thinking about wave 13 and if I wait a month or two they will be everywhere

i'm almost sure hasbro made it that way for people to buy full cases. i mean look at smalljoes.com, they're out of stock on the wave 13 case already. hoping they restock next week cuz i was planning on buying from them. not gonna bother driving to a bunch of stores anymore since i'm sure if one person got to a store that had em, they bought em all since i would have probably done the same.

I was going to order a case last night when it was not "out of stock" but it said my account was locked. I've only tried to order from them once but canceled the order since the never contacted me about a few questions I had and also the pre-order shipping date was way past what it said and I had found them already. WTF

I buckled last night and ordered the Deadpool/taskmaster and wolvie/Silver Samurai packs from bigbadtoystore.

After shipping it was 45$. I know these will probably be everywhere by the end of year, but I don't wanna take any chances with figure packs involving Deadpool. lol

I can promise you those comic packs will be everywhere. And that deadpool is suspect son I have it.

Anyone still spotting the Gigantic Battles? I still haven't seen the Frost Giant. I'm worried it was one and done with these.

'

I haven't seen them in two weeks. I had to bust my hump to get mine, it was a bit of a nightmare, but I remember the last GB around here, I NEVER saw at retail. I only got them by calling a wallyworld at about midnight and the night stock guy found them for me. Use the bar code and call all of the wally's you can think of. Try to get someone on the phone who will spend a little time. AND, even if they say they don't have them, stop in anyways if you're nearby. I found frosty two and three (one to keep moc, one to give to my uncle) at a wally whom the night before said they had none.

Good luck, keep hunting, and if I find any out there, I'll pick em up and pm you.

Anyone still spotting the Gigantic Battles? I still haven't seen the Frost Giant. I'm worried it was one and done with these.

'

I haven't seen them in two weeks. I had to bust my hump to get mine, it was a bit of a nightmare, but I remember the last GB around here, I NEVER saw at retail. I only got them by calling a wallyworld at about midnight and the night stock guy found them for me. Use the bar code and call all of the wally's you can think of. Try to get someone on the phone who will spend a little time. AND, even if they say they don't have them, stop in anyways if you're nearby. I found frosty two and three (one to keep moc, one to give to my uncle) at a wally whom the night before said they had none.

Good luck, keep hunting, and if I find any out there, I'll pick em up and pm you.

Thanks!

See, that's the thing, I have been busting my hump, going to a lot of Walmarts, having them scan it and waiting to see if they can find it in the back. No luck, and when I was waiting at one Walmart, TWO other people called looking for them. There was lot of competition for the few ones they got.

I'm hoping the price on eBay goes down soon!