3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

what is the point of this thread? that's a good question. what is the point of any thread? well, let's begin with a thread topic. in this case, its sightings. now if you have ever noticed, there are lots of 'guests' that visit this thread. they're not your friends, per say. just a bunch of strangers. do they contribute to the board in any way? lets say by helping out a fellow collector? um, no. they're guests. they're strangers. they dont care about you - they're basically out for themselves. not too different than the real world.

now sending someone a PM who happens to live near you, with really cool intel on where to find a particular toy - i see absolutely nothing wrong with that. i'd rather help out my "friends" via private message than to tip off a bunch of strangers on where to get their goods.

call me crazy, but i'd rather hook up my friends than some stranger who gives two shiz about me.

y'all can moan as much as you want. its not going to change my prerogative.

um, considering that tons of "guests" like to peek into this thread, it would seem redundant to post actual sightings with specific locations and NOT expect 'scalpers' to capitalize.

im just saying.

if not to help fellow collectors then what is the point of this thread? I think PMing certain people that you like and purposely keeping it from other people is just as bad as scalpers getting a friend hook up at all the stores. I think if you are so paranoid about scalpers that it is actually hurting peoples chances of getting things, than I think your fear has gone to far. p.s. I finally completed y wrecking crew!

"Scalpers" will find the figures wether you post here or not. They have made it their job to hunt down figures for a living.

HElp out your fellow collectors and post the locations or at least area. It helps us know where to look and where not to look.

I think I can speak for the masses here, but if you post something like this "Found wave 13 today, now I am caught up!" you are pretty much saying nothing.

I don't care to change your prerogative. the only reason I commented is that it seemed like you were making a fellow board member feel like they did something wrong by potentially contributing to these boards. I have nothing against pms it just seems rude to help only people that you already have a relationship with. I have pm'd people if I see something from their want list though I personally could care less how many shiz they give about me. its awesome that you were just preaching about karma and morality, but now you are advocating for the idea that you should only help people that like you. now I understand your karma is a boomerang comment, its almost like giving yourself a gift(: golden

So um....

Anyone of you guys TRU around your area restocked after the 10.99/11.99 deal of this last weekend , i went to 2 TRU this morning and found nothing new ,was hoping they were going to restock.

I work at my local TRU helping them unload trucks. They were supposed to get a truck in last Friday for that sale but it got canceled. I worked this morning and was hoping that those toys would be on this truck but there weren't any action figures whatsoever. Seems like TRU is really hit or miss when it comes to what will be on their trucks.

So um....

Anyone of you guys TRU around your area restocked after the 10.99/11.99 deal of this last weekend , i went to 2 TRU this morning and found nothing new ,was hoping they were going to restock.

I work at my local TRU helping them unload trucks. They were supposed to get a truck in last Friday for that sale but it got canceled. I worked this morning and was hoping that those toys would be on this truck but there weren't any action figures whatsoever. Seems like TRU is really hit or miss when it comes to what will be on their trucks.

same thing happened @ my toys r us...they will restock on friday, most likely with wave 13 and the new 2 packs

they did stock up on giant size X-men but its too expensive for 4 figures that are already made.

@ oldmanlogan:

if you care to do your footwork, after you take yours out of your mouth, you will notice that said fellow who made the comment about being tired of scalpers was not exactly privy to the potential for those very same scalpers to duck their heads into this thread.

what you perceived as an attempt to make a board member feel as if they did something wrong was entirely fabricated in your imagination.

the rest of your rant was nonsensical, so addressing it would be lame.

A friend of mine in the bay area just found a death mask archangel in a Raileys...the supermarket. The catch is they were charging $14! Since when did a Raileys become a specialy store?

Also, its kinda silly that we're supposed to form little clicks on here in order to get the scoop on figures. The whole point of these boards is to inform and help out fellow collectors , strangers or not. If you only want to help out your "friends" then pick up the phone and call them. Don't post on here that you've found something but you're only going to tell your friends so nanner nanner. Scalpers are going to get what the want when they want. Being secretive on here isn't going to change anything.

These boards are getting strange. So many of the newbies starting, stoking, engaging in ridiculous arguments. these threads are for information. If that means scalper types can log on as a guest, and see where figs are popping up, so be it. I garauntee its old news to the true scalpers out there, so it really just helps the honest collector types. Why reprimand someone for posting in the "sightings and Hauls" thread. Makes no sense. buncha trolls...... sigh :dry:

These boards are getting strange. So many of the newbies starting, stoking, engaging in ridiculous arguments. these threads are for information. If that means scalper types can log on as a guest, and see where figs are popping up, so be it. I garauntee its old news to the true scalpers out there, so it really just helps the honest collector types. Why reprimand someone for posting in the "sightings and Hauls" thread. Makes no sense. buncha trolls...... sigh :dry:

Agreed.

A good haul day today. On my way to Disneyland, I scored the 2 giant battle packs at Gilroy Walmart (only ones there), then I got 2 x-men packs (1 for my buddy) from Santa Clarita TRU. they still had about 5 boxes when I left. The Walmart next door had tons of singles that I already had. Was tempted to add to my skrull army but decided against it.

Just need more luck for apocalypse and cable... Sigh

@ oldmanlogan:

if you care to do your footwork, after you take yours out of your mouth, you will notice that said fellow who made the comment about being tired of scalpers was not exactly privy to the potential for those very same scalpers to duck their heads into this thread.

what you perceived as an attempt to make a board member feel as if they did something wrong was entirely fabricated in your imagination.

no addressing it would be impossible since I called you on your contradictory statements. haters gonna hate though right(; p.s I seen wave 13 on smalljoes but can't add to cart, anyone know whats up?

@marvelninjah

Thanks,

Old GI Joes but I thought it was a pretty good haul, they were clearancing them out but forgot to load them into the system, so I talked the supervisor/manager to let me have them at 1.99 each for the singles and 3.99 for the comic packs but charged me one for 1.99 anyway.

Good haul, still waiting on the new MU though.

@ oldmanlogan:

Grow up.