3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

TxHiro managed to snag Wave 13 today in Waco and got me Cyclops & Apocalypse. only one Cable (with Hope) was there so he kept that one for himself. He showed me Gladiator and I hoped the exaggerations were just that but my God...it's not just the face, the entire paint job is just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!!

Cable is a great figure, i just wish he was a bit bulkier up top and not your standard size MU figure.

Cyclops is AWESOME. I really dig the fact that they made the visor a metallic gold and didn't go all lazy and make it the same yellow as his boots/straps.

Apocalypse.....sigh.....my 2nd favorite baddie but man I wish we'd gotten his classic look. The figure is good, a bit too much man boobs but he's still nice. He won't take the lead as my favorite MU figure as I have several others ahead of him but he's still essential. IMO, best figure in the set is Cable, followed by Cyke, Apocalypse then the other two tied at last. (though in all honesty, based on that lazy paint, Wolverine could actually be ahead of Gladiator)

i went to 4 different TRU's yesterday with a list that said how many x-men boxsets were at each of them in the CA/NV/UT/AZ area's (i still have this list).

every TRU i went to the clerks said that they could not locate the sets. i must of wasted like $25 dollars in gas.

(i went to fullerton, la mirada, montebello, area's in SO CAL)

someday i will find it.

BTW i am finding lots of 1st appearance wolverines and gladiators at all the targets here.

Well today was a good day, found a full case of waves 13 waiting for me on the pegs at Target today, and it was on my way to work so no gas was wasted. I kept Cable w/Hope and Apoc for myself and gave Cyc and the other Apoc to my buddy/forum member Mr. Dizzle. Cable is easily the most bad ass figure in MU. The Gladiator I picked up had a horrible paint app... going to see if the other is still there so I can swap. Might pick up FA Wolvie as well. Here are some pics;

post-27830-1304481957_thumb.jpg

post-27830-1304482301_thumb.jpg

I ran buy wally on the way home and the how to train a dragon stuff was on sale and I found this cool diorama as well;

post-27830-1304482123_thumb.jpg

post-27830-1304482229_thumb.jpg

Went to a local tarjey and gasp! The usual four pegs devoted to MU has been reduced to two, is this the beginning of the decline of the MU toyline???

hahah...same thing happened to me at my local TRU.

I was like, "so...am I missing something?"

Then I began to look around as if they decided to not put the rest of the MU characters with the others...I'm an idiot!!

hi everyone, new to the boards (this is my 2nd or 3rd real post) but just wanted to say had an awesome lucky week. found dp/taskmaster and wolverine/patch 2-packs last friday, and today my brother called and said "hey, who's your favorite brother?" and turns out he was working across the street from a target and decided to go in... ended up getting the entire wave 13 of Cyclops, Cable, Apocalypse, Gladiator and FA Wolverine. i also scored WW Hulk, Modular Armor Iron Man, Sunfire, Vision and Thanos at a different target myself. i picked up a Spider-man series Venom too just cos it was cool. anyway, pics below

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

This other TRU that i went to last week just dont have any MU at all not even a peg for it, i wanted to ask a staff there what happened to it, but all i see are young hot women staff and i feel a little embarassed asking about toys (lol) [i know its sad], i usually ask male or middle age ladies.

haha just own it, man. you might be asking for toys but they *work* at the toy store. there's no shame.

about having no MU at all though, that sucks. a lot of the walmarts out here don't seem to carry them but all the TRU i've been to do. maybe they're restructuring.

on an unrelated note, i forgot to mention in my post above that when i went to toys r us earlier today they had the cases for the Green Lantern movie figures out presumably for stocking so if anyone is looking for some of those let me know, i'm going back there in the morning for delivery day.

a great haul today!!!

First I went to Wallyworld and picked up a Frost Giant for Lizardking, as he is fairly local to me, but cant find anything around him.

thanks to hellseekers persistance at our local TRU, after 5 months our TRU finally got in some new MU figs :smile: . To bad it was a revision case :sad: . But i was able to grab a thing, a reg archangel, a Black boot punisher, a reg cap and a MU thor (realised i had never picked up the last two when they came out originally).

Then, right above the MU figures... BUM BUM BUUUMMMMM.....

CAPTAIN AMERICA FIGS :biggrin: !!!

I grabbed all of the regular figures except the ultimate (i just hate the bladed break apart shield). The also had the Deluxe figures, of which I grabbed the concept cap with the USAgent shield and the Jet Pack Cap. The Parachute Cap was already gone.

I'll post pics later today.

They also got in the Disc Shooting Cap Shield for kids (it comes with 5 discs). It looked awesome and had quite a bit of heft to it, but at another $20 I just couldnt take the hit. I think alot of little kids are gonna be hurt when they get smacked in the face with this thing when playing with their friends. :smile:

They had the Movie Master Green Lantern 2 packs as well, but at $23.99 they can keep them. They look really good though. The GL 3 1/4 Killowog with speeder was there, but the only articulation is the shoulder and hips, so i passed. The sculpt is garbage as well. On the back of this pack they showed the Sinestro and Green Guy figs. Same crappy sculpting, and same crappy articulation. I'm gonna have to pass on this line.

I managed to set aside a set of Cap figs for hellseeker and he got them as well. A good day for 3 guys from the boards!

.... now I just need for the MU 2 packs, Wave 13 and the X-Men set to appear here, and all will be good.... At least for a couple months. GOTTA FEED THE NEED!!!!! :biggrin:

finally got the pics posted. here they are.

I also had a friend of mine call me up and say that he found a fell set for me of wave 13 at the fairlawn TRU. YAY ME!!! :biggrin: although, I have to wait till tomorrow to get them :sad: . I also got an extra FA wolvie and gladiator for hellseeker.

But me and hellseeker have a good feeling about the next several days here in NE Ohio. Ill post pics of tomorrows haul when i get them. I'm also gonna post some close up pics in the cap thread of those new figs.

a great haul today!!!

First I went to Wallyworld and picked up a Frost Giant for Lizardking, as he is fairly local to me, but cant find anything around him.

thanks to hellseekers persistance at our local TRU, after 5 months our TRU finally got in some new MU figs :smile: . To bad it was a revision case :sad: . But i was able to grab a thing, a reg archangel, a Black boot punisher, a reg cap and a MU thor (realised i had never picked up the last two when they came out originally).

Then, right above the MU figures... BUM BUM BUUUMMMMM.....

CAPTAIN AMERICA FIGS :biggrin: !!!

I grabbed all of the regular figures except the ultimate (i just hate the bladed break apart shield). The also had the Deluxe figures, of which I grabbed the concept cap with the USAgent shield and the Jet Pack Cap. The Parachute Cap was already gone.

I'll post pics later today.

They also got in the Disc Shooting Cap Shield for kids (it comes with 5 discs). It looked awesome and had quite a bit of heft to it, but at another $20 I just couldnt take the hit. I think alot of little kids are gonna be hurt when they get smacked in the face with this thing when playing with their friends. :smile:

They had the Movie Master Green Lantern 2 packs as well, but at $23.99 they can keep them. They look really good though. The GL 3 1/4 Killowog with speeder was there, but the only articulation is the shoulder and hips, so i passed. The sculpt is garbage as well. On the back of this pack they showed the Sinestro and Green Guy figs. Same crappy sculpting, and same crappy articulation. I'm gonna have to pass on this line.

I managed to set aside a set of Cap figs for hellseeker and he got them as well. A good day for 3 guys from the boards!

.... now I just need for the MU 2 packs, Wave 13 and the X-Men set to appear here, and all will be good.... At least for a couple months. GOTTA FEED THE NEED!!!!! :biggrin:

finally got the pics posted. here they are.

I also had a friend of mine call me up and say that he found a fell set for me of wave 13 at the fairlawn TRU. YAY ME!!! :biggrin: although, I have to wait till tomorrow to get them :sad: . I also got an extra FA wolvie and gladiator for hellseeker.

But me and hellseeker have a good feeling about the next several days here in NE Ohio. Ill post pics of tomorrows haul when i get them. I'm also gonna post some close up pics in the cap thread of those new figs.

Fairlawn/Montrose TRU got wave 13 in? They haven't had new MU forever. Any way you can grab me a set? I'm going to stop by there tomorrow morning, but it wont be until after a Final I have in the morning.

Fairlawn/Montrose TRU got wave 13 in? They haven't had new MU forever. Any way you can grab me a set? I'm going to stop by there tomorrow morning, but it wont be until after a Final I have in the morning.

I'm afraid my boy grabbed them all. He just happened to have some deliveries in the area and stopped in. If i find some more over the next couple days, i will be happy to grab some for ya. I think these are gonna be everywhere over the next couple days or week.

I would chck wed, and ask them when there next truck comes in, that way your not wasting gas if you know they wont have anything new.

My boy picked up wave 13 at fairlawn yesterday, and I grabbed them from him today.. Still nothing closer to home yet, but my fingers are itching and I know these should hit in the next shipment.

I also stopped by my LCS which has started carrying more action figs. He got me a the SW Lando wave figs I needed for only $9 each, and since I have to work saturday, he gave me all the free comic book day comics. DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!! :biggrin:

Just picked up the Taskmaster and Silver Samuri comic packs and the Giant Size X-Men set. There weren't any variants on the shelf for the X-Men set. I'm guessing that must be a running change that will come out later.

Where are you located?

Madison, WI. These just came off the truck this morning.

I just opened them all up and was surprised to find that the comic in the Silver Samurai pack was misleading. The cover is for Wolverine #2 (and that is what it says on the package) but when you open it the story is from Wolverine Origins #42.

Checked my local tru here in santa cruz ca last Thursday and saw the remnants of a wave 13 case. Modular iron man and 2099 spiderman. No new comic packs or the giant size xmen. Checked today and still nothing new. Sucks. But atleast I can tell they got a wave 13 case,cause that ironman and spiderman weren't there before. I can't complain tho, cause I ordered that case from bbts and got it last week. I just need another cable & cyclops. And I want the comic packs bad. Anyone near santa cruz have any luck? Oh,and our target in watsonville sucks major donkey d*ck. Nothin new since before xmas. I think they stopped ordering mu. I collect star wars too,and neither tru or target have gotten anything for months. I guess they hope someone will buy the wave 1 vintage figures that have been sitting there for about 6 months. Ha! Cali isn't all its cracked up to be with new stock

snagged both DP and Wolvie comic packs at a Wally i thought would NEVER get em, due to the fact there are 40 ( five cases worth) revision packs jammed onto three pegs. i shoulda snapped a pic, it was impressive. they were fanned out like playing cards, barley holding on to the pegs. paint apps are O.K, not as crispy as i like. action pics tonite :wolverine2:

snagged both comic packs at a Wally i thought would NEVER get em, due to the fact there are 40 ( five cases worth) packs jammed onto three pegs. i shoulda snapped a pic, it was impressive. they were fanned out like playing cards, barley holding on to the pegs. paint apps are O.K, not as crispy as i like. action pics tonite :wolverine2:

Can't wait to see more photos from Ogun!!! your pics freaking rock dude.

Stopped at two other wallyworlds today...nada to report about. However, i did find a Transformers Generations Thundercracker for my collection! So guess it was a worthwhile stop.

Awesome news about Thundercracker. I can't wait to get a Wheeljack myself. Really wish they would release a set with Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. That would be awesome.

hi everyone, new to the boards (this is my 2nd or 3rd real post) but just wanted to say had an awesome lucky week. found dp/taskmaster and wolverine/patch 2-packs last friday, and today my brother called and said "hey, who's your favorite brother?" and turns out he was working across the street from a target and decided to go in... ended up getting the entire wave 13 of Cyclops, Cable, Apocalypse, Gladiator and FA Wolverine. i also scored WW Hulk, Modular Armor Iron Man, Sunfire, Vision and Thanos at a different target myself. i picked up a Spider-man series Venom too just cos it was cool. anyway, pics below

1.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

Fantastic haul! Congrats man, and welcome!