3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Saw the X-Men Giant Pack at TRU on Thursday, so I picked it up on Friday after having used the dubious technique of stashing! But I knew that if I didn't it would be gone by the time I could get back on Friday. Came home with it to find that the Apoc and Gladiator I had ordered from TRU.com had also arrived. My kids had no idea that I had ordered those two, so when they stopped by today the little guy actually shrieked when he saw them! Makes the money spent worthwhile. : ] Gladiator spent the entire afternoon engaged in battle with Captain Marvel, lol.

GOT AN XMEN BOX SET Variant YAY cost 50 but my toys r us hasnt got them in but once and the regular one at that.. so iam happy to have found it only had two left in the back... found another first class two pak wol and SABB .. if anyone has a CABLE and somthing else i will more then liking trade let me kno.... will post pics later on tonight

i got the dp from the taskmaster 2pack loose,

bought it from jason1551 for a fair price

the figs great, never had a dp before, but i know this fig is a step up from the one in the origins line.. the only thing i hate about it is it doesnt have the side stripe on his thighs..

other than that, the sculpts excellent, paint up is good, decent accessories, he can hold the twin katanas fairly well. he's a little smaller than i expected, but overall it's an awesome figure.

big thanks to jason for hooking me up with these fig!

so...

now that I'm satisfied with what I have that's already been released (aside from some variants), is it really necessary for me to hit up every WM, TRU, and Target at every opportunity I get? I'm coming up empty like 99% of the time, but I'm going more and more often anticipating the new comic packs, cap wave 2, and lizard/scorpion...

I'm considering taking a break for a month...saving some time/gas...hopefully the shelves will be stocked with some new stuff by then...or I'll miss out completely...ugh

so...

now that I'm satisfied with what I have that's already been released (aside from some variants), is it really necessary for me to hit up every WM, TRU, and Target at every opportunity I get? I'm coming up empty like 99% of the time, but I'm going more and more often anticipating the new comic packs, cap wave 2, and lizard/scorpion...

I'm considering taking a break for a month...saving some time/gas...hopefully the shelves will be stocked with some new stuff by then...or I'll miss out completely...ugh

I take it you didnt make the trip out to Walmart last night?

I'll keep an eye out for you bro.

hahaha...no, didn't get a chance. If i start sneaking out in the middle of the night, the wifey probably won't buy the excuse that I'm out to buy toys

...kinda like in Knocked Up, where paul rudd's wife thinks he cheating on her but he's off doing his fantasy baseball draft :)

Stopped by my disney store again today, it's handy that it's right across the street from where I work :D. But anyway, they had 14, once again, 14 scorpion figures from the spidey line, and, the had 14 lizard figures. They had like 10 pegs of spidey, and each peg had only one type of figure on it. The lizard/scorpion figures took up two each. However I still passed on them haha. I'll prob eventually pull the trigger, but instead, I picked up the MS Juggernaut! He's in scale with nothing I own, not even really the MS Deadpool, but he looks awesome as a standalone figure, just... standing there haha. He just sits on my desk being awesome :D. But other than this, I think I'm gonna take a break for a couple weeks since I'm all caught up.

Oh and on a side note, the store also had SIXTEEN xmen variant box sets. It was ridiculous.

Stopped by my disney store again today, it's handy that it's right across the street from where I work :D. But anyway, they had 14, once again, 14 scorpion figures from the spidey line, and, the had 14 lizard figures. They had like 10 pegs of spidey, and each peg had only one type of figure on it. The lizard/scorpion figures took up two each. However I still passed on them haha. I'll prob eventually pull the trigger, but instead, I picked up the MS Juggernaut! He's in scale with nothing I own, not even really the MS Deadpool, but he looks awesome as a standalone figure, just... standing there haha. He just sits on my desk being awesome :D. But other than this, I think I'm gonna take a break for a couple weeks since I'm all caught up.

Oh and on a side note, the store also had SIXTEEN xmen variant box sets. It was ridiculous.

...wtf...honestly...is california in the future or something? I can see the disney store by me looking like that, but probably not til some time in 2012...probably summer

Where about is is the disneystore Comacaz I been looking for a lizard and scorpion figure for my son and the x-men box set for myself. I'm in Long Beach and I haven't found anything.

hahaha...no, didn't get a chance. If i start sneaking out in the middle of the night, the wifey probably won't buy the excuse that I'm out to buy toys

...kinda like in Knocked Up, where paul rudd's wife thinks he cheating on her but he's off doing his fantasy baseball draft :)

Haha! I actually just came back from a late night run and my girl called me saying where are you! I told her that I went to Walmart and she said OK but I could hear the "Im not buying that BS" in her voice. Good thing I came back with a couple Cap figures and a receipt!

Scored Winter Soldier and WWII Cap. Gotta say Winter Soldier is impressive! MUCH better than the MU version. Just need Bucky Cap and Crossbones now.

Scored Winter Soldier and WWII Cap. Gotta say Winter Soldier is impressive! MUCH better than the MU version. Just need Bucky Cap and Crossbones now.

All this talk about the Cap line Winter Soldier has me jonesing to buy him. Why does everyone find him better than the MU version? Just curious. I saw him but passed because he has that rediculous jet pack. I'm interested in the Bucky Cap too (since I'll never score the GB Skrull pack for less than $50) but again, why the rediculous shield with blades popping out? Come on Hasbro, leave that junk for the deluxe packs and the scuba/desert/flying/forest versions of figures.

All this talk about the Cap line Winter Soldier has me jonesing to buy him. Why does everyone find him better than the MU version? Just curious. I saw him but passed because he has that rediculous jet pack. I'm interested in the Bucky Cap too (since I'll never score the GB Skrull pack for less than $50) but again, why the rediculous shield with blades popping out? Come on Hasbro, leave that junk for the deluxe packs and the scuba/desert/flying/forest versions of figures.

He's better because the sculpt is far more accurate (actually dead on) to how he's drawn in the comics, instead of being a WS head slapped on a SHIELD officer body wih a new arm. The Jet pack isn't really that bad, but still, don't let the lame accessories detract you from getting the really well done figures. WS and Bucky Cap are two of the best.

Just found the haul of hauls last night. My brother stopped around mid-night at a Target on his way home and found what seemed like two cases of wave 13. They had four Cables, three Apocalypse, one Cyclops, and multiples of everything else in the case. Interestingly enough, of the four Cables, three were Hope-less with one having Hope. Anyone else thinking w/Hope is going to be rarer?

By the way, he went back today and they were tapped. Maybe he got there when they were stocking. I don't know but I'm happy.

@wolverine2281 & Kilo23,

The store manager gave me a ring on Friday... they had the X-Men 35th Anniversay set for $50 and a wave 13 case. Both were in the back stock room and not on the floor. So you may want to talk to a cast member to check in the back. I passed on the X-Men 35th set as I found it at TRU last week for much less. I was hoping that they had the variant nightcrawler version... I would have paid the $50 for the variant set just to get it behind me. Not sure how many cases they had... she only brought out the one. Hope this helps the folks in SA. :O)

@wolverine2281,

Yep... Disney Store at Ingram Mall... not sure if the one in North Star is still open? I used to live near Lakeline mall and remember that Disney Store... I used to live in the Mesa's at Crystal Falls up 181 N before they built the toll roads. Thats a pretty sweet corner... TRU, Target and Wally world all with in 5mins of each other. Is Wonkos still there next to the Draft House?

He's better because the sculpt is far more accurate (actually dead on) to how he's drawn in the comics, instead of being a WS head slapped on a SHIELD officer body wih a new arm. The Jet pack isn't really that bad, but still, don't let the lame accessories detract you from getting the really well done figures. WS and Bucky Cap are two of the best.

His sculpt is amazing. The best way I can put it is the Marvel Legends 2pack Winter Soldier scaled down to 3.75 scale. Looks dead on.

Also............ I FINALLY SCORED ME A CABLE AND APOCALYPSE!! Went to Target this morning with the kid and there were nothing on the pegs. I checked the scanner and it said there were more in the stockroom and regardless of the "Collector's Sign" I decided to ask a worker to check for me. Real cool dude said he would bring out the case then BAM! Just picked up Apocalypse and Cable/Hope and left the rest since I have Cyclops coming in the mail from TRU.com.

They had doubles for everything but Im sure they are all gone by now. I bet I'll see them on ebay within the hour.

5722609343_58e1a1610c.jpg