3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

I worked at Toys R Us this morning unloading their truck. I had my hopes up because this was the first truck in a couple weeks and it was a big one. After unloading a ton of action figure boxes and finished the truck I went to the figure aisles hoping to see wave 13. Nothing. All of those boxes were transformers. I am disappoint.

HAUL INCOMING

Well payday finally arrived so i was able to pick up some neat stuff from TRU lastnight -

IMG_0270.jpg

Got another Archangel, probably for paining up X Force style since i'll never have the actual carded XFAA... pics as soon as i get brave enough...

I also snagged One of the two new First Class comic packs(there were a bunch on the pegs - 4 of each) may go back for the other later, but for now, I just needed Sabretooth, and i got em! The wolverine is awesome too, despite being a repack/repaint.

IMG_0294.jpg

Keep in mind these run as high as $20.99 in some stores, i got mine for 17, but its still steep for repacks :(

Then my two picks from Cap wave 1! (finally!) (starting to dream about wave 2 - not good...) Winter Soldier is amazing - great sculpt, paint, the hair is part of the head now, so he doesnt look emo :'( plus, he really not THAT much shorter than the MU Soldier. My new default.

IMG_0271.jpgIMG_0297.jpg

Also finally a Battlefield Cap I don't feel bad about opening! Also a good figure although, like everyone said, his legs are super bendy, and the straps are a cheezy green color, so he's gonna be a repainter for sure!

Before I could get out of the store I spotted what looked like the last Harley Davidson Maisto chillin in the tech deck isle. I Thought it would look pretty good with WWII Cap (even though the bike is a 1929, and I'm pretty sure Cap would ride a Triumph).

IMG_0299.jpg

Teamwork!

I just picked up a couple extra Apocalypses from Target for trade. I usually leave stuff I already have for the next guy, but the area I found them is extreme scalper territory...not uncommon to find 2-3 people at every store you go into...and they're usually trying to smooth talk some lowely employee for information or to look in the back.

So....I got some exta Apocs if anyone's interested.

Still looking for a loose Loki from the GB pack (not interested in the Frost Giant), Crossbones, DP/Taskmaster pack, Lizard, etc etc etc :)

@ Dangerandthedingo...I know what you mean, but if you break it down it's not that bad.

I posted this in some other thread a couple weeks ago:

I really had to think long and hard about picking this up. I didn't get the storm/nightcrawler sw comic pack on purpose anticipating this coming out, but $35 is pretty steep and I already have a comprable colossus and two better cyclopses (W13 and XMO). I had to break it down:

- I figure that Storm and Nightcrawler are better than their SW counterparts, so instead of the $15 that the comic pack is worth retail, I'd pay single character MU retail value on these two.

Value: $16 (8+8)

- The Wolverine is one of the best Wolverine versions available (as people are saying). The classic yellow costume has been done before, but this is absolutely an upgrade to those. I'd pay single character value on this because I don't have the Wolv/Hand pack or the XMO classic.

Value: $8

- The Thunderbird character (although some say they can take him or leave him) was the clincher for me. He's only actual new character available and every pack i've seen has him painted very well (and I've seen a bunch of them). In a few months/years when these x-men packs are long gone, you may see him on ebay loose for like $30 (not now though obviously, so he gets single character value as of now).

Value: $8

So those 4 are valued at $32 of the $35...so I'm basically paying $3 for some classic Colossus knee pads...oh well...no biggie

I like the paint on the cyclops and think it's the best of the three they've made with that uniform.

I really dig the storm and thunderbird. nightcrawler is cool but i wished they had scaled him down along with the repaint.

you can also add sunfire to the set, dark phoenix, and I think gladiator too.

but overall i think it's a nice set, you get six figures that match. Unlike the rest of my xmen that have varying costumes from different era's

ugh was tryin to put pics up of my haul but its being stupid anyways ill try later in put them up or somthing... but i went on a toy run today didnt find anything hardly any stores in san antonio have the captain america figures barly wave 1 at som stores pick up winter soldier the other day and ww2 cap pretty sweet but today i meet a dude who i always run into when i go on my toy runs he finally said whats up and said i see u everywere man lol he asked me what i was lookin for i said cable and wave 2 of captain america he said he had a cable and red skull and crossbones so i meet up with him later on and got all 3 for a very cheap price almost retail was pretty cool.. so now ill be hitting him up when ever i cant find what iam looking for.. been going crazy tryin to find a cable... and the red skull and cross bones i will put pics up later... i need a kmart captain america 3 pack if u have one i have stuff to trade let me kno thanks peps ...