3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

went to Georgetown, TX before going to the Austin airport to pick up my daughter last night. Stumbled in there and they were restocking EVERYTHING. Cap, MU, Joes, Transformers, you name it. Anyway, they had one each of Red Skull & Crossbones and I snagged em up. Would have gotten US Agent, HA Cap & Capt Britain but the paint apps were really really bad. I think finding the aforementioned figures w/ quality paint apps will be harder than finding Skull & Bones. That said, Crossbones is one hell of an amazing figure. Very well done, the only thing that keeps him from being a 10 is the piss poor arsenal he was packed with. However, a new GI Joe fig named Steel Brigade has a nice set of weapons that Crossbones will be confiscating once I see that Joe fig in stores again..

[sNIP!]...but MU Sabretooth can not hold a candle to comic series XMO Sabretooth - far, far superior in quality.

You mean this one?

http://www.cmdstore.com/x-men-origins-wolv...mp=bingshopping

If so, I'll have to respectfully disagree.

What you linked to isn't Comic Series Sabretooth.

Sabretooth from The Blob 2-pack and Sabretooth from the "Backroad" 2-Pack are two of the nicest 3.75" figures made, in the Top 10 for sure. The First Class one looks like The Blob Sabretooth with a little better paint job.

went to Georgetown, TX before going to the Austin airport to pick up my daughter last night. Stumbled in there and they were restocking EVERYTHING. Cap, MU, Joes, Transformers, you name it. Anyway, they had one each of Red Skull & Crossbones and I snagged em up. Would have gotten US Agent, HA Cap & Capt Britain but the paint apps were really really bad. I think finding the aforementioned figures w/ quality paint apps will be harder than finding Skull & Bones. That said, Crossbones is one hell of an amazing figure. Very well done, the only thing that keeps him from being a 10 is the piss poor arsenal he was packed with. However, a new GI Joe fig named Steel Brigade has a nice set of weapons that Crossbones will be confiscating once I see that Joe fig in stores again..

congrats on your score! i am resisting scalper prices for Crossbones right now... but its really hard to resist when there's toy money sitting in my PayPal. :)

i did pay $16 shipped for my CA Red Skull... i had no backbone on that one.

The messed up thing is that they finally got the color right with the MU version, but they used the wrong head.

If we saw the backyard brawl head sculpt with the First class paint job, I would easily say it was the best MU figure yet, I actually went to great lengths to get that Sabertooth just for the head.

Now we just need a Jim Lee Magento, proper Blob, toad and possibly a Pyro and I would be sooooo happy.

Would have gotten US Agent, HA Cap & Capt Britain but the paint apps were really really bad. I think finding the aforementioned figures w/ quality paint apps will be harder than finding Skull & Bones.

that is exactly what I keep seeing too. I have yet to see any figure from this line with good paint. It's like they went to a brand new factory that had never painted figures before, or went with some really cheap factory to produce this line.

I have seen wave 1 plenty, and all had bad paint on Winter Soldier, the only one I was going to buy for sure from that wave. And then tonight I finally saw 2 cases of wave 2, and ALL of them had bad paint. There wasn't a single figure with clean paint apps on the head or any other detailed area.

Hasbro needs to fix this ASAP

the paint job on the MU comic pack one sucks imo

edit: I will elaborate since the pics above dont really show it off. I saw 3 of the Wolverine/Sabertooth Comic packs the other day. What they did with Sabertooth is basically do an orange paint job on an already orange plastic create a shading or a wash or whatever you call it. This application looks like crap to me.

Finally saw remnants of the Cable wave this morning at Wal-Mart. Glad I had ordered a case of these as they have been scarce in these parts.

I did score the new Gi Joe Wave. The Jungle Bat and Steel Brigade are sweet!

Passed on Cobra Commander and Blowtorch as I really don't need any more renditions of either of these figures.

Finally saw remnants of the Cable wave this morning at Wal-Mart. Glad I had ordered a case of these as they have been scarce in these parts.

Passed on Cobra Commander and Blowtorch as I really don't need any more renditions of either of these figures.

My Joes should be here Tuesday. Ordered a case from HTS

I'm looking for CC and Hawk. You interested in trading?

Great wave IMO.

Steel Brigade is fantastic.

Great wave IMO.

Steel Brigade is fantastic.

I was able to grab CC, SB, Hawk, an Iron Grenaider and some troops.

Dizzle,

Did you hit the Wal-Mart or Target in Georgetown? And you mentioned MU, did they have Wave 13? I'm STILL just trying to find a Cable.

I'm looking for CC and Hawk. You interested in trading?

With Joes I'm a "2 of each collector", that's why I ordered the case. Same as wave 6, just got it a few days ago. I might trade depending on what u got in hopes that I may find more. LMK

Picked up the X-Men First Class Cyclops and Marvel Girl comic pack at Toys R Us this morning. Even though these are repaints I like the costumes enough to justify it. They were $17.99. They had the Sabretooth pack but I passed on that since I've already got a few brown costume Wolverines and I have that Sabretooth mold (although in lighter colors) from the Blob two pack.

Still no sign of Wave 13 in Madison, WI. It's killing me :P

Dizzle,

Did you hit the Wal-Mart or Target in Georgetown? And you mentioned MU, did they have Wave 13? I'm STILL just trying to find a Cable.

It was the Walmart dude, nearly at midnight as Target was already closed. And yes wave 13 was there along with SS/patch and tasky/deadpool. Hope this helps!

The new comic packs seem to have gotten much better in overall quality. I didnt get cyclops and marvel girl. My son needs another cyclops like I need a hole in my head. lol but we did get patch/ss dp/tskmstr sbrth/wlvrn along with Bucky Cap and US Agent. Figure detail wise have improved overall. I just wish I could find some of Wave 13 already. SMH NJ can really blow chunks sometimes.